Tuttle Is Leading The War On Christmas!!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Tuttle Is Leading The War On Christmas!!

Post by Jester » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Can you believe it? My own brother, fighting right along side with Satan's favorite people, Christmas haters. Expect a jolly bah humbug from him. I doubt the S.O.B even believes in Santa Claus. Heart of coal that guy.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Super_Secret_Santa
Congregation
Congregation

Re: Tuttle Is Leading The War On Christmas!!

Post by Super_Secret_Santa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Oh no! That's horrible. I always liked Tuttle too. I'm wondering if I stop believing in him what will happen. <pencils in coal next to Tuttle's name>

Faith is a precious thing that must be protected. Get him in here, now.

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Don't be fooled by my poor, lost sheep of a brother. He is young and inexperienced with the deeper joys of life.

He has been led astray by that harlot Target who preaches a false gospel that Christmas must be celebrated beginning at the stroke of Midnight on All Saints Day. He has broken the commandment that Thou Must Not Employ "All I Want For Christmas is You, Baby" and all other sundry jingle-bellish tunes and/or Christmas decor before Thanksgiving.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm
Don't be fooled by my poor, lost sheep of a brother. He is young and inexperienced with the deeper joys of life.

He has been led astray by that harlot Target who preaches a false gospel that Christmas must be celebrated beginning at the stroke of Midnight on All Saints Day. He has broken the commandment that Thou Must Not Employ "All I Want For Christmas is You, Baby" and all other sundry jingle-bellish tunes and/or Christmas decor before Thanksgiving.
I got your back, bro.

Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 pm

You're all turd burglars in my book: Presents on Epiphany or get bent.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Getting excited for Christmas before Thanksgiving is folly. Like putting a drainage ditch in the wall at Helm's Deep. I've explored this before and I stand upon my credentials:

tuttle wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 am
It's not even thanksgiving people...

I'll express my codgerism in the form of a repost from 'afore, (tho slightly updated as some pictures seem to have not made the 2.0 leap...)
tuttle wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:I am getting excited for Christmas parades and Christmas movies and Christmas music. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I can't help it.
I'm firmly in the category of "No Christmas til Thanksgiving is over" but I feel you. It's like waiting for Christmas morning. Getting excited is definitely ok. Acting upon the excitement before Thanksgiving is banned in my house. :lol:

My wife jokes that I'm a scrooge for laying down the Ban but I feel I have to make a Helm's Deep-type stand against all the orcish marauders who want to start the Christmas season in October. They shall not breach the wall!

wait...should I consider my Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas Excitement my weakness? Let's see how this plays out:

Wisdom demands that we wait at least until after Thanksgiving. Look to The Advent. It will be worth it.

(Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas Excitement...)

CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBERRRR!!!!

Legolas!! BRING HIM DOWN!

JINGLE BELLLLLLSSSS!!!!

ADVENT!!!

Turn off the radio! Avert your Autumn Loving Eyes!! They've breached the wall!!

All I want for Christmas is Yooooouu, Baby!

I said Advent.

Well that was a close one. Now I shall wait with patient humility until after Thanksgiving.

[Sometime after Thanksgiving]

Aw Yeah.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Target? The place that can't tell the difference between male and female genitalia? The same Target that says "Happy Holidays" as opposed to Merry Christmas? My dear brother, who bewitched you?
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Getting excited for Christmas before Thanksgiving is folly. Like putting a drainage ditch in the wall at Helm's Deep. I've explored this before and I stand upon my credentials:

tuttle wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 am
It's not even thanksgiving people...

I'll express my codgerism in the form of a repost from 'afore, (tho slightly updated as some pictures seem to have not made the 2.0 leap...)
tuttle wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:I am getting excited for Christmas parades and Christmas movies and Christmas music. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I can't help it.
I'm firmly in the category of "No Christmas til Thanksgiving is over" but I feel you. It's like waiting for Christmas morning. Getting excited is definitely ok. Acting upon the excitement before Thanksgiving is banned in my house. :lol:

My wife jokes that I'm a scrooge for laying down the Ban but I feel I have to make a Helm's Deep-type stand against all the orcish marauders who want to start the Christmas season in October. They shall not breach the wall!

wait...should I consider my Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas Excitement my weakness? Let's see how this plays out:

Wisdom demands that we wait at least until after Thanksgiving. Look to The Advent. It will be worth it.

(Pre-Thanksgiving Christmas Excitement...)

CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBERRRR!!!!

Legolas!! BRING HIM DOWN!

JINGLE BELLLLLLSSSS!!!!

ADVENT!!!

Turn off the radio! Avert your Autumn Loving Eyes!! They've breached the wall!!

All I want for Christmas is Yooooouu, Baby!

I said Advent.

Well that was a close one. Now I shall wait with patient humility until after Thanksgiving.

[Sometime after Thanksgiving]

Aw Yeah.
Yeah, yeah - Thanksgiving is long done in Canada. It's on to Christmas. But no, not really. First all the stores are onto Black Friday, which is definitely American. Odd.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Don't let my big brother fool you. He acts like he has a heart but I snuck over to his house just now and caught this picture of him through the window.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Jester wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Don't let my big brother fool you. He acts like he has a heart but I snuck over to his house just now and caught this picture of him through the window.

A heart? I'm still trying to figure out which one of you has a brain!

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Jester wrote:

Where did you get that? It doesn't look like a young Richard Dreyfus nor Jesus. So it has to be somebody else... ahem.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm

I've yer back on this one, Tuttle. My kids have evened learned to demonstrate outrage at neighborhood offenders. This past Saturday it snowed, for about an hour. Big, soft, postcard like flakes. I came inside and they were listening to Christmas music. They all three jumped up with guilty/ashamed faces the second I came in the door. They know.
Sola Deo Gloria

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:23 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Jester wrote:

A heart? I'm still trying to figure out which one of you has a brain!
:rotfl:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm
I've yer back on this one, Tuttle. My kids have evened learned to demonstrate outrage at neighborhood offenders. This past Saturday it snowed, for about an hour. Big, soft, postcard like flakes. I came inside and they were listening to Christmas music. They all three jumped up with guilty/ashamed faces the second I came in the door. They know.
:rotfl:

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm

On my way to the Look-at-my-cool-stuff-from-Secret-Santa thread, I saw this.
+ :rotfl:
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Jester » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 am

Reports are coming in that Tuttle watched Home Alone 2 with his kids last night.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm
Will you be dressing up this year?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 am

Jester wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 am
Reports are coming in that Tuttle watched Home Alone 2 with his kids last night.
The shenanigans, humiliations, and brutal Looney Toonish torture of Harry and Marv cannot be bound within the confines of the Christmas season. An argument could be made that Home Alone isn't even a Christmas movie, but a movie that uses Christmas as a backdrop, but even if it is a Christmas movie, seeing Marv smashed in the head with a brick four times in a row is worth breaking my rule.

As an aside I forgot there is a scene where Kevin is standing on top of the World Trade Center and I made a comment about 9/11 which led the younger kids to keep asking me, "So wait...that happened in real life?"

And then I forgot that Trump has a cameo! There's a line later in the movie that shed an ironic light on a conversation we had when Trump's part came on. The bellboy is telling Kevin that Herbert Hoover once stayed on the same floor. Kevin says, "The Vacuum guy?" and the bellboy says, "No...the president." When Trump came on screen, I pointed and said, "Hey, that's the president." To which one of the kids said, "He was on Home Alone!?" and I say, deflatedly, "...yes". Even funnier is that none of the kids could figure out why he would make a cameo if he wasn't the President. "So you're saying he wasn't the president during this?" ("Kids are stupid" - Marv) "So why was he in the movie?"

To which I just silently cursed the Bizzaro world we find ourselves in.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 am

tuttle wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 am
Jester wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:51 am
The shenanigans, humiliations, and brutal Looney Toonish torture of Harry and Marv cannot be bound within the confines of the Christmas season. An argument could be made that Home Alone isn't even a Christmas movie, but a movie that uses Christmas as a backdrop, but even if it is a Christmas movie, seeing Marv smashed in the head with a brick four times in a row is worth breaking my rule.

As an aside I forgot there is a scene where Kevin is standing on top of the World Trade Center and I made a comment about 9/11 which led the younger kids to keep asking me, "So wait...that happened in real life?"

And then I forgot that Trump has a cameo! There's a line later in the movie that shed an ironic light on a conversation we had when Trump's part came on. The bellboy is telling Kevin that Herbert Hoover once stayed on the same floor. Kevin says, "The Vacuum guy?" and the bellboy says, "No...the president." When Trump came on screen, I pointed and said, "Hey, that's the president." To which one of the kids said, "He was on Home Alone!?" and I say, deflatedly, "...yes". Even funnier is that none of the kids could figure out why he would make a cameo if he wasn't the President. "So you're saying he wasn't the president during this?" ("Kids are stupid" - Marv) "So why was he in the movie?"

To which I just silently cursed the Bizzaro world we find ourselves in.
Right? Not at all like every real Christian American's favoritest President, Bozo the Clown.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:52 am

gaining_age wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm
Will you be dressing up this year?
Naw. That gig is gone with the new company acquisitions.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound