Appreciation of Goose's Enzo Appreciation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Appreciation of Goose's Enzo Appreciation

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I have slowly come to the realization that our friend really likes the Ferrari Enzo and would shout his love from the rooftops. I have a friend that knows Luca de Montemezolo and I asked him to pass on your admiration for the car. I'll let you know if I get a response.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: Appreciation of Goose's Enzo Appreciation

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm
I have slowly come to the realization that our friend really likes the Ferrari Enzo and would shout his love from the rooftops. I have a friend that knows Luca de Montemezolo and I asked him to pass on your admiration for the car. I'll let you know if I get a response.
Thanks, but I doubt it would result in me being gifted with an Enzo. Purchase of the Enzo was by invitation only, and only to those whom Ferrari had on file, having purchased a Ferrari in the past. Also, I think the Enzo, 1st introduced in 2002, is out of production. Used ones sell for 3,000,000. So, the best I can do is a $30 Mattel Matchbox scale model, and dream.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thanks, but I doubt it would result in me being gifted with an Enzo. Purchase of the Enzo was by invitation only, and only to those whom Ferrari had on file, having purchased a Ferrari in the past. Also, I think the Enzo, 1st introduced in 2002, is out of production. Used ones sell for 3,000,000. So, the best I can do is a $30 Mattel Matchbox scale model, and dream.
I passed in your complement to the CEO of the time assuming that, as a gentleman, you would want your appreciation known free of charge, simply to uplift his day. I did not know that you expected pelf for your endorsements. Please accept my apologies.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I passed in your complement to the CEO of the time assuming that, as a gentleman, you would want your appreciation known free of charge, simply to uplift his day. I did not know that you expected pelf for your endorsements. Please accept my apologies.
Apology received & accepted
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I'm glad. No insult meant. I hope it's OK I gave him your address, though?

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm

I understand that mint Fierro's are going for around ten grand. They're sort of like Enzo's. Put some prancing horse badges on it and nobody will even know it's not the real McCoy.

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm
I understand that mint Fierro's are going for around ten grand. They're sort of like Enzo's. Put some prancing horse badges on it and nobody will even know it's not the real McCoy.

I like those cars. Black and gold is better.

Enzo is a term of endearment for a life long Washington Captitol's player. Therefore, I hate it.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:54 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm
FredS wrote:

I like those cars. Black and gold is better.

Enzo is a term of endearment for a life long Washington Captitol's player. Therefore, I hate it.
Enzo Ferrari was the founder of Ferrari

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:56 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I'm glad. No insult meant. I hope it's OK I gave him your address, though?
You ought to have cleared that with me first.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:02 pm

FredS wrote:

I don't think so.

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

A little bit of Enzo trivia for you---
https://www.thrillist.com/cars/20-enzo- ... t-not-know

You're welcome!

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:02 pm
FredS wrote:

I don't think so.

I'm tellin' ya, the girls wouldn't know the difference. That's why you drive sports cars right? To pick up girls?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:29 pm

20.The Vatican had an Enzo

Ferrari made 400 of the eponymous tribute supercars, sold the first 399, then donated one to the Vatican for charity. Somehow, the pope didn’t drive it, thereby throwing John Paul II's reputation as the most baller pope into serious question

(From “20 Enzo Ferrari facts you may not know”-thanks hov)
Last edited by durangopipe on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 pm

FredS wrote:

If you find a source for those prancing horse badges, Fred, let me know.
I’ll slap a couple on my red Jeep.

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 pm
FredS wrote:

If you find a source for those prancing horse badges, Fred, let me know.
I’ll slap a couple on my red Jeep.

That prancing poney looks a bit too Nancy for being slapped on a Jeep.
DL Jake

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:22 pm

I kept thinking this thread was about Ouzo....

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:23 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:22 pm
I kept thinking this thread was about Ouzo....

Ouzo.. Enzo... Ouzo... Enzo

It gets funnier the more you say it-- ask Dave....
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Enzo.

OK. I had a good one but forgot what it was while waiting for the interwebs click uni*n to allow me to enter text.

Ok. I waited a little bit to see if it would drift back in.

However, it hasn't.

So.

Oh look! Post count bump.

DON'T JUDGE ME!
DL Jake

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Why can't we all just get together in a spirit of brotherhood and thank Goose for so selflessly sharing all of the pictures and videos of actual Enzos, die-cast model Enzos, and video simulations of Enzos regardless of whether anyone wanted to see them? It was only for your best interests, people. Show some gratitude.

It took dedication. Don't you people respect dedication?

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Goose only-a follow de Ferraris