Sonoran Desert Nasties, Episode VI -- Ajo Pyro Goose

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Sonoran Desert Nasties, Episode VI -- Ajo Pyro Goose

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:38 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 am
DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 am
That's hilarious. Uniquely bloody-minded creatures, apparently.
Looks harmless enough to me. I think it has made friends with a human living there.
Here's your sign.
Believe me when I say. You want the goose as your friend.
No, I don't. Really and truly, I don't. I assume you have a worth, even if only when rendered down, but I truly don't find you likeable.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Looks harmless enough to me. I think it has made friends with a human living there.
Here's your sign.
No, I don't. Really and truly, I don't. I assume you have a worth, even if only when rendered down, but I truly don't find you likeable.
Oh, come on now. Just look at that pitiful looking thing, waiting patiently on the door mat, longing for it's human friend to come out. Life simply doesn't get any better than that, Drax.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Here's your sign.
Oh, come on now. Just look at that pitiful looking thing, waiting patiently on the door mat, longing for it's human friend to come out. Life simply doesn't get any better than that, Drax.
That's what comes of living alone, I think. Life gets so much better than that. I'm readying my little ones for a Christmas party, and the excitement and joy of their little faces...what's the point of trying to tell you, im not sure you can understand that life gets exponentially better than that.

That goose is hell-bent on getting to the other side of the glass and/or defending his side of the glass. That's the sum total of what's going through his goosely brain. It doesn't matter one whit to him that that door is shut, he's going in there because, damnation, he's a goose and he wants to. Other people's wants are unimportant to him.
Nobody is coming past him, no matter their needs. His are most important. Screw everybody else. He can only contemplate self.

If he could post, he'd post like you. Best friend die? Need prayers? Hope you find someplace warm to stay. Entire world on fire? I used to live nearby where it couldn't burn. All Goose all the time.

Geese are beautiful birds. But they're not role models for the Christian life.

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Incessant honking and flapping about nearby is not often mistook for friendliness.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:11 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Incessant honking and flapping about nearby is not often mistook for friendliness.
:lol: :lol:
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:31 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:54 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Here's your sign.
That's what comes of living alone, I think. Life gets so much better than that. I'm readying my little ones for a Christmas party, and the excitement and joy of their little faces...what's the point of trying to tell you, im not sure you can understand that life gets exponentially better than that.

That goose is hell-bent on getting to the other side of the glass and/or defending his side of the glass. That's the sum total of what's going through his goosely brain. It doesn't matter one whit to him that that door is shut, he's going in there because, damnation, he's a goose and he wants to. Other people's wants are unimportant to him.
Nobody is coming past him, no matter their needs. His are most important. Screw everybody else. He can only contemplate self.

If he could post, he'd post like you. Best friend die? Need prayers? Hope you find someplace warm to stay. Entire world on fire? I used to live nearby where it couldn't burn. All Goose all the time.

end ai fot ai wuz harsh
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 2016 2017 !!!

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 pm

SockPuppeh wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:31 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
Here's your sign.

end ai fot ai wuz harsh
My thoughts exactly. Whoda thought I'd be agreeing with a sock puppet?

The man is supposed to be a moderator, but is instead, a dominator. And with no Christmas spirit at all. At least not with me. At every point and turn, there he is to disparage and denigrate. It is NOT entertaining. It is like being stalked, in every thread I post in. Just today, I tried to find out what is going on w/ him through a PM, but to no avail.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 pm
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Here's your sign.

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

The man is supposed to be a moderator, but is instead, a dominator. And with no Christmas spirit at all. At least not with me. At every point and turn, there he is to disparage and denigrate. It is NOT entertaining. It is like being stalked, in every thread I post in. Just today, I tried to find out what is going on w/ him through a PM, but to no avail.
ai din sae he wuz rong

maeb yu shuld lissn tu wut he sez

der ar u lawt uv timz dat it semz dat yur nawt lisngng
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 2016 2017 !!!

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

SockPuppeh wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Here's your sign.

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

Listening? Listening for what? Someone here my teacher?

Look at me. I'm talking to a sock puppet

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm
SockPuppeh wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Here's your sign.

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

Are you suggesting that none here are worthy to provide you some instruction?

And remember that the sock puppets among us have proven their worth in one way or another. Some are respected more than "regular" - and I use that term generously - members.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

You could have PMed me about his, but since you did not, and instead waved it out here for the forum to see,...

Instruction? You speak as though you or others are my supervisors. I am not under your employment, and I resent the insinuation. Go find someone else to micro-manage.

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 pm
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

You could have PMed me about his, but since you did not, and instead waved it out here for the forum to see,...

Instruction? You speak as though you or others are my superiors. I am not under your employment, and I resent the insinuation. Go find someone else to micro-manage.
So, we've finally touched a nerve. It took long enough. (Council of Hats: do I win the pool?)

We are ALL subject to intruction by others. To think otherwise is arrogance and folly.

My question stands: do you consider yourself above instruction from any here?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

Instruction? You speak as though you or others are my superiors. I am not under your employment, and I resent the insinuation. Go find someone else to micro-manage.
So, we've finally touched a nerve. It took long enough. (Council of Hats: do I win the pool?)

We are ALL subject to intruction by others. To think otherwise is arrogance and folly.

There are a lot of folk here whose counsel I very much value. But when you have a guy here who is given the responsibility to be a moderator. To be moderate. Yet he has written in his signature line, in Latin, "In my opinion a goose should be destroyed."

https://translate.google.com/?tl=ga#aut ... 20perirent

Seems to me that in this case if anyone here is to be "instructed," it would be him.

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm
Skip wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:16 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
SockPuppeh wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

end ai fot ai wuz harsh

ai din sae he wuz rong

Yes, I do. When they speak with degrading and belittling language and insinuations, I count myself to be far, far above it.

Skip, you have a guy here who is given the responsibility to be a moderator. To be moderate. Yet he has written in his signature line, in Latin, "In my opinion a goose should be destroyed."

Seems to me that in this case if anyone here is to be "instructed," it would be him.
You still haven't answered my question, so let's try again: do you consider yourself above instruction from any here?

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:31 pm

+JMJ+
Goose55 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm
There are a lot of folk here whose counsel I very much value. But when you have a guy here who is given the responsibility to be a moderator. To be moderate. Yet he has written in his signature line, in Latin, "In my opinion a goose should be destroyed."

To be fair, "to destroy a goose" is an idiomatic Latin expression meaning "to laud; to enshrine; to apotheosize".

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 am

Man, you are that goose bashing it's head up against the window, aren't you?

I took the trouble to write a fairly polite post on why you shouldnt be a completely self-centred, selfish old git and what's your response?

Goose isn't amused. Goose has rights. That man is mean to Goose. Somebody protect Goose.He's not doing his job making sure behaviour around here is appropriate by telling me how to behave.

What wasn't there? The well adjusted response of the caring human being: "wow, am I actually insensitive? Have I hurt anybody or caused anyone to think I only care about myself? Are, perhaps, people not as interested in every facet of my life as I am? How can I show these guys I care?"

Nope. Just more self centred Goose behavior. And some fine school yard antics.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 am

Can't we all just get along?!
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:53 am

Jocose wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 am
Difficult. It looks like behaviour modification. I like Goose as-is.

I think we should write Navidad en Ajo, wherein Ebenezer Gringo changes his ways after a night of Sonoran horrors, the Goose is cooked, and maybe Pequeño Pablo will survive. 8O
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:26 am

Rusty wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:53 am
Jocose wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 am
Difficult. It looks like behaviour modification. I like Goose as-is.
Why, thank you. That's a nice compliment. Merry Christmas, Rusty.