Are you writing a sermon?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Are you writing a sermon?

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:56 pm

All of CPS supports your efforts and would like to make it more difficult for you, yet hilarious for us.

Tell us what your focus is, and allow us to derail it.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Re: Are you writing a sermon?

Post by Winton » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:13 pm

I am teaching on Eccl 11. The first six verses involve being generous to those in need. The next involve enjoying your youth, but remembering God is watching your decisions.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Revelation 4 & 5. This church has preached on those 2 chapters for 2 weeks already, and tomorrow is the last before moving on in Revelation. I'm gonna focus on worship in Heaven and our worship, what makes Jesus worthy of our worship, etc. (as well as obviously taking a look at the historical-contextual use of Jewish and Hellenistic/Roman Themes by John in his writing. duh)

Annnnnnnd go!
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 pm

I am preaching for our house church this Sunday, I am supposed to use the same topic Pastor uses on Campus, this Sunday’s sermon is about Opioids...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 pm
I am preaching for our house church this Sunday, I am supposed to use the same topic Pastor uses on Campus, this Sunday’s sermon is about Opioids...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For or against?

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm
Revelation 4 & 5. This church has preached on those 2 chapters for 2 weeks already, and tomorrow is the last before moving on in Revelation. I'm gonna focus on worship in Heaven and our worship, what makes Jesus worthy of our worship, etc. (as well as obviously taking a look at the historical-contextual use of Jewish and Hellenistic/Roman Themes by John in his writing. duh)

Annnnnnnd go!
Worship in heaven? There are some worship leaders just drooling at the thought of how long they can repeat a chorus when they have eternity to work with.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 pm
ReverendThom wrote:

Annnnnnnd go!
Worship in heaven? There are some worship leaders just drooling at the thought of how long they can repeat a chorus when they have eternity to work with.
:lol:
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:34 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:56 pm
ReverendThom wrote:

Annnnnnnd go!
:lol:
+ :lol:
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 am

No. Hopefully, I never will.

Hats off to all of you that preach.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH