Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 5512
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm
Hey I'm VERY interested. Can you give me some help on where to look for him on TV? Just Ken Burns? On Netflex? Thanks.
I love history!
Yes. Much Ken Burns on Netfix, and watch your PBS listings. Also available for purchase I bet on Amazon.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 16904
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by TNLawPiper » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 pm

I wish we had a public forum on CPS where we could discuss our feckless President and his inability to call a spade a spade and condemn terrorism. Maybe someday. :lol:

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 5512
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:43 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:37 pm
I wish we had a public forum on CPS where we could discuss our feckless President and his inability to call a spade a spade and condemn terrorism. Maybe someday. :lol:
Vent on Twitter. Interesting to see who is saying what in real time this afternoon.
But otoh, don't poop in your nest.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
Eruannu
Usher
Usher
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Eruannu » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm about to jab a wad of grated potato in my eye to hopefully rid my self of a stye.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 23716
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:21 am
I took the car battery in to be tested because it was acting like it wasn't keeping a charge. Sure enough, it was "bad" (I could tell because the tester had a screen that gave no specific information except "bad battery", but I digress). "No problem", I thought, "because I bought this battery 3 years ago and it will be still under warranty."

I bought it July 12, 2014.

Sunnova.... Not that you care.
Once upon a time I thought the Sears DieHard battery was a crazy good deal because it had a "lifetime" five-year warranty. Then I discovered that its warranty was pro-rated over that five years and when it failed after fifty-two months I was expected to pay 52/60 of its original purchase price to get a new one. My exact words were "f*** that."
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19696
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:04 pm

I squeezed a two hour project into six today. Only one minor injury.

Success.

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3330
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Fainn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:39 pm

I did something that was probably stupid. My ex sent some harrassing emails accusing me of everything that she herself was guilty of. Should have just ignored her and not engaged, but I was pretty pissed and dismantled her lies one by one. I hope she'll finally leave me alone now.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Cleon wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:20 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am
About to take the kid to the cabin for the first time ever. 250km drive. We shall see

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I bet she sleeps like a, uh, baby.
Have fun, dad.
She'll sleep all the way there, then when they get there she'll be up for hours.
She did great. Slept all the way, then slept most of the night.
Tonight however seems to be party time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27032
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:08 am

JimVH wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:04 pm
I squeezed a two hour project into six today. Only one minor injury.

Success.
I can relate.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7539
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 am

I can feel fall in the air, even if the heat index IS 110. Folks are telling me it's just wishful thinking, but that ain't so.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tatanka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am

Did not notice that the catheter the surgeon placed inside me, was leaking, till I felt moisture on my thigh. Inspecting and found my favorite sports shorts my daughter gave me as a gift a year ago, and which my wife prefers me wearing, and I enjoy, had a large area soaked in blood! Wife just announced that she has been soaking them in something and they look pretty good to her. She will wash them today. Maybe I can wear the blue shorts without any RED enhancements! :) :) GOD is really keeping me after school to get the "trust and patience" lesson down pat! :) He is so Wonderful, Loving us, molding us on His Potters wheel, ever pulling out grit and bits of trash His nail-scared hands feel. It hurts, but what rejoicing there will be when we are lifted off the Potter's wheel and placed in His presence to LIVE for eternity - with NO physical challenges and Pain!

I know I went overboard in this site, but could not help but praise GOD, when the inspiration pushed me!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tatanka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm
Hey I'm VERY interested. Can you give me some help on where to look for him on TV? Just Ken Burns? On Netflex? Thanks.
I love history!
Yes. Much Ken Burns on Netfix, and watch your PBS listings. Also available for purchase I bet on Amazon.
Thank you, Rusty! I'm excited about looking these up.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 4573
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Goose55 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 am

Tatanka wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm
Hey I'm VERY interested. Can you give me some help on where to look for him on TV? Just Ken Burns? On Netflex? Thanks.
I love history!
Yes. Much Ken Burns on Netfix, and watch your PBS listings. Also available for purchase I bet on Amazon.
Thank you, Rusty! I'm excited about looking these up.
Burns "The West" is on Netflicks.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27032
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

Tatanka wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am
Did not notice that the catheter the surgeon placed inside me, was leaking, till I felt moisture on my thigh. Inspecting and found my favorite sports shorts my daughter gave me as a gift a year ago, and which my wife prefers me wearing, and I enjoy, had a large area soaked in blood! Wife just announced that she has been soaking them in something and they look pretty good to her. She will wash them today. Maybe I can wear the blue shorts without any RED enhancements! :) :) GOD is really keeping me after school to get the "trust and patience" lesson down pat! :) He is so Wonderful, Loving us, molding us on His Potters wheel, ever pulling out grit and bits of trash His nail-scared hands feel. It hurts, but what rejoicing there will be when we are lifted off the Potter's wheel and placed in His presence to LIVE for eternity - with NO physical challenges and Pain!

I know I went overboard in this site, but could not help but praise GOD, when the inspiration pushed me!
:D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4138
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 pm

coco wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am
Tatanka wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am
Did not notice that the catheter the surgeon placed inside me, was leaking, till I felt moisture on my thigh. Inspecting and found my favorite sports shorts my daughter gave me as a gift a year ago, and which my wife prefers me wearing, and I enjoy, had a large area soaked in blood! Wife just announced that she has been soaking them in something and they look pretty good to her. She will wash them today. Maybe I can wear the blue shorts without any RED enhancements! :) :) GOD is really keeping me after school to get the "trust and patience" lesson down pat! :) He is so Wonderful, Loving us, molding us on His Potters wheel, ever pulling out grit and bits of trash His nail-scared hands feel. It hurts, but what rejoicing there will be when we are lifted off the Potter's wheel and placed in His presence to LIVE for eternity - with NO physical challenges and Pain!

I know I went overboard in this site, but could not help but praise GOD, when the inspiration pushed me!
:D
:thumbsup:
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Cleon wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:20 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am
About to take the kid to the cabin for the first time ever. 250km drive. We shall see

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I bet she sleeps like a, uh, baby.
Have fun, dad.
She'll sleep all the way there, then when they get there she'll be up for hours.
She did great. Slept all the way, then slept most of the night.
Tonight however seems to be party time.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Just made it home. She slept all the way home too.
Well, once we cleaned up the poop up her back, almost to her neck, 10km into the return trip.
I have a feeling this is not the last time I change a child in the trunk of a Rav4.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3259
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: House in VA, living and working in Los Alamos, NM

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am
Tatanka wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am
Did not notice that the catheter the surgeon placed inside me, was leaking, till I felt moisture on my thigh. Inspecting and found my favorite sports shorts my daughter gave me as a gift a year ago, and which my wife prefers me wearing, and I enjoy, had a large area soaked in blood! Wife just announced that she has been soaking them in something and they look pretty good to her. She will wash them today. Maybe I can wear the blue shorts without any RED enhancements! :) :) GOD is really keeping me after school to get the "trust and patience" lesson down pat! :) He is so Wonderful, Loving us, molding us on His Potters wheel, ever pulling out grit and bits of trash His nail-scared hands feel. It hurts, but what rejoicing there will be when we are lifted off the Potter's wheel and placed in His presence to LIVE for eternity - with NO physical challenges and Pain!

I know I went overboard in this site, but could not help but praise GOD, when the inspiration pushed me!
:D
:thumbsup:
Keep on praising and I'll keep on praying.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tatanka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am
!

I know I went overboard in this site, but could not help but praise GOD, when the inspiration pushed me!
:D
:thumbsup:
Keep on praising and I'll keep on praying.
[/quote]

I think we have a firm Scripture based plan for success! :) GOD bless!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
424cat
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm
Location: middle tennessee

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by 424cat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Had a bowl of pea soup, do like my pea soup.
on bended knee

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tatanka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:25 pm

424cat wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 pm
Had a bowl of pea soup, do like my pea soup.
I'm a pea soup lover also, especially with home made corn bread! Yum! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Post Reply