Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22342
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm
I’m drinking a milkshake made from Guinness.

That’s right, Guinness.
Maple nut ice cream?
Maple Nut Ice Cream + Guinness Harp is jolly good milk shake stuff!

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8123
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:01 pm

This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32905
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:32 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm
I’m drinking a milkshake made from Guinness.

That’s right, Guinness.
Boom.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4741
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm
So I spent this morning helping my friend put my dead horse on a flatbed trailer and tying her down. Since I might be contagious I didn't ride with Jim up to the ranch, but since they have a back hoe up there they wouldn't need my help unloading her anyway.

Not that anyone would care.
I care.
About your having the flu and about your losing your equine pard.

Sorry, Hov.
It hurts pretty badly, I imagine.

Will keep you in my prayers.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22342
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Thank you, Durango.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24058
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm

So, I decided to take the first "break" in more than a week and play Star Wars: The Old Republic. (Online MMORPG).



Game patch.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2893
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm

sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24058
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm
sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song
Yeah, but it sounds like a C&W song, so just no.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20338
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:47 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm
So I spent this morning helping my friend put my dead horse on a flatbed trailer and tying her down. Since I might be contagious I didn't ride with Jim up to the ranch, but since they have a back hoe up there they wouldn't need my help unloading her anyway.

Not that anyone would care.
I care.
About your having the flu and about your losing your equine pard.

Sorry, Hov.
It hurts pretty badly, I imagine.

Will keep you in my prayers.
Heck yeah, I care. I'm really sorry, Hov.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
Tragicalien
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Tragicalien » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Hovannes wrote:I'm coming down with the flu, so I'm home. I got a call from my old partner from the Sherriff's SAR posse, Jim. He's been boarding my horse since we sold our place in the country to pay for our kid's High School tuition (yeah, it's that expensive!)

I was on the posse for 18 years as a mounted Special Deputy. I trained all my horses up from young-uns (Honey and Biscuit were weanlings, Maggi was an unbroken 5 year old) and I've got to say they were all exceptional, sure footed mounts.
Maggie loved water and never balked while crossing a stream or river.
She'd ground tie, and of course could be mounted from either side like any well trained SAR horse should.
Much more than that, she was a kind horse.
Once, to celebrate Maggie's 6th birthday and to try out her training, we rode clear across the Sierra Nevada range and back.

When the SAR posse got disbanded, Maggie was ready for retirement anyhow. Working at higher elevations is hard on horses.
Being an old girl----old enough to vote----nobody wanted her so I kept her. There is a market for younger than 10 year old posse trained horses with cattle ranchers and pack outfits.

By now Maggie was 28 years old and last night or early this morning, she passed away. Jim found a ranch with a back hoe and they'd bury her for $150, which is cheaper than paying the tallow works $300 to take her, and besides, being buried in the mountains where she spent her SAR posse days is kind of appropriate.

It beats being a bar of soap anyway.

But she had to be delivered.
So I spent this morning helping my friend put my dead horse on a flatbed trailer and tying her down. Since I might be contagious I didn't ride with Jim up to the ranch, but since they have a back hoe up there they wouldn't need my help unloading her anyway.

Not that anyone would care.
I'm very sorry for your loss... my deepest condolences..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk


User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8123
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm
sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song
Yeah, but it sounds like a C&W song, so just no.
Oh yeah, both kinds of music, C & W.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Charleston SC
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Dlibbon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Image

Like this guy?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Charleston SC
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Dlibbon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Dlibbon wrote:Image

Like this guy?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was in reply to id’s Earlier post about a pastor and his napkin!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15787
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Skip wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm
sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song
Yeah, but it sounds like a C&W song, so just no.
Oh yeah, both kinds of music, C & W.
Best line out of the whole movie.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22342
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you all.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24058
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Skip wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm
sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song
Yeah, but it sounds like a C&W song, so just no.
Oh yeah, both kinds of music, C & W.
Best line out of the whole movie.
"How much for the women?"
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 15787
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:22 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Skip wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm
sweetandsour wrote:This thread is going all to failure, to put it kindly. Toasts to deacons, cigar punches, old horses and beer milkshakes. I care about them all.
It sounds like we have the making of a good song
Yeah, but it sounds like a C&W song, so just no.
Oh yeah, both kinds of music, C & W.
Best line out of the whole movie.
"How much for the women?"
Third best line.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32877
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 am

Dlibbon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm
Dlibbon wrote:Image

Like this guy?!
This was in reply to id’s Earlier post about a pastor and his napkin!
Yes, exactly like this. :lol: I was hoping there was a picture.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20338
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:22 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 am
Dlibbon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm
Dlibbon wrote:Image

Like this guy?!
This was in reply to id’s Earlier post about a pastor and his napkin!
Yes, exactly like this. :lol: I was hoping there was a picture.
Stately. Very stately. I also appreciate the artwork hanging over ID's right shoulder.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19659
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:22 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 am
Dlibbon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 pm
Dlibbon wrote:Image

Like this guy?!
This was in reply to id’s Earlier post about a pastor and his napkin!
Yes, exactly like this. :lol: I was hoping there was a picture.
Stately. Very stately. I also appreciate the artwork hanging over ID's right shoulder.
The guy under the pigs is putting a serious hurtin' on some ribs. I have $10 that says he has a bbq stain on his t-shirt.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Post Reply