Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6230
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:33 am

This weekend I made jerky out of some goose meat that I had from last season. I just tried it and while its good, I may have gotten it too hot for my family's tastes....Oh well I shall have to eat it all myself
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 31874
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by John-Boy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Skip wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:22 pm
http://wgntv.com/2018/02/02/super-diamo ... ning-news/

It was a fun morning...
FTW... or rather... thread fail.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22322
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 am

The ski resort where I instruct closed temporarily last week end---no snow.
I'm subbing for 7th Grade tomorrow.

User avatar
Brigid
uh...not a fellow?
uh...not a fellow?
Posts: 4317
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Brigid » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 am

Some days, man. Some days.
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13931
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 am

I almost fell on the ice this morning. I hope Noone saw it.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3420
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: USA, USA!!!

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am

I have a video conference job interview in about an hour.
Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32867
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

Some days, like today, I just wish that I could be Hong Kong Phooey. Or maybe Darkwing Duck.

Yeah, Darkwing Duck. Definitely.

Not that you care.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22322
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:26 am

I'm in a conundrum.
I love my power tools.
About 30 years ago I invested in really good stuff---Milwaukee, Porter Cable, etc... and used them hard in my property management/ranching endeavors. Now they are in need of attention but the companies have been bought and moved offshore and build profoundly lesser quality tools.
The parts I need for the good stuff have been discontinued and are unavailable---even off the 'net.

They've been too nice, to good to toss.
I agonized tossing my Porter Cable sabre saw.
I was fortunate enough to get a switch replaced on my Milwaukee Sawzall but the new import switch looks terribly Mickey Mouse and it doesn't inspire confidence about it holding up over the long haul.
Now one of my two Milwaukee electric drills has gone off the rails. Parts obsolete and unavailable, so my 'puter tells me.
At least I don't have to fork out for a replacement since I've got another, but good grief, I'm going to hate to toss this one in the trash!
That drill and I have spent a lot of time together over the past three decades!

Am I too self absorbed by this?

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24048
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am
Some days, like today, I just wish that I could be Hong Kong Phooey. Or maybe Darkwing Duck.

Yeah, Darkwing Duck. Definitely.

Not that you care.
I have Darkwing Duck t-shirts. And hoodies. And collectibles. And numbered prints.

I care.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 32861
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am

Had a rough morning at work. Not so much terrible things happening or tough clients, but those nagging issues that just seem to drag and drag and drag. Lunchtime now. I think the day is looking up.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 20904
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Ad Orientem

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Thunktank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm

According to my 14 year old and his friends, as of Monday, I’m no longer a cool parent.
It’s almost believable, but I love it most of the time whether it’s true or not.

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15245
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by gaining_age » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm
According to my 14 year old and his friends, as of Monday, I’m no longer a cool parent.
Congratulations! Let the embarrassment begin!

Remember-- if you say something that you think is funny that your teens don't get or laugh at--> keep repeating it until it is so absurd it become its own Dad joke.

Rock on!
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 20904
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Ad Orientem

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Thunktank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm
According to my 14 year old and his friends, as of Monday, I’m no longer a cool parent.
Congratulations! Let the embarrassment begin!

Remember-- if you say something that you think is funny that your teens don't get or laugh at--> keep repeating it until it is so absurd it become its own Dad joke.

Rock on!
I never have any problems getting them to laugh. It’s the ability to get them to cry too that makes me uncool. It’s just so sad that I won’t let my son do whatever he likes, including getting a report card with lots of Bs. He’s an A student who says really wants to go to an Ivy League school on the east coast some day. Staying up half the night talking on the phone with girls isn’t helping him achieve that goal at all, and the trouble goes far beyond the phone call itself. It’s as though his head has been misplaced lately. So Daddy takes the phone away every week day after 5PM and tells him that he may have friends on the weekend. When he gets his A grades back, he may choose his own hours. For that I not cool anymore. :lol:
It’s almost believable, but I love it most of the time whether it’s true or not.

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3420
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: USA, USA!!!

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am
I have a video conference job interview in about an hour.
It was cancelled as one of the questioners was sick.
Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4729
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:18 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm
According to my 14 year old and his friends, as of Monday, I’m no longer a cool parent.
Congratulations! Let the embarrassment begin!

Remember-- if you say something that you think is funny that your teens don't get or laugh at--> keep repeating it until it is so absurd it become its own Dad joke.

Rock on!
I never have any problems getting them to laugh. It’s the ability to get them to cry too that makes me uncool. It’s just so sad that I won’t let my son do whatever he likes, including getting a report card with lots of Bs. He’s an A student who says really wants to go to an Ivy League school on the east coast some day. Staying up half the night talking on the phone with girls isn’t helping him achieve that goal at all, and the trouble goes far beyond the phone call itself. It’s as though his head has been misplaced lately. So Daddy takes the phone away every week day after 5PM and tells him that he may have friends on the weekend. When he gets his A grades back, he may choose his own hours. For that I not cool anymore. :lol:
Well, you know you're a good dad. Good dad's aren't always cool.

Here's something older and wiser parents than we told us after trip to British Columbia with our then 15 1/2 year old son (he's now 41). All of a sudden, we weren't cool anymore.

They attributed this to Mark Twain:

When your child turns 15 put them in a barrel. Cover the barrel with a lid that has a hole just large enough to pass food and water. When your child turns 16 . . .

seal the hole.



After graduation from high school, our son enlisted in the Navy.
He called us from basic.

We were cool again.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6230
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am
I have a video conference job interview in about an hour.
It was cancelled as one of the questioners was sick.
That is worse than doing the interview...Praying
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24048
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am

I can't wait...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2600
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 am

About a month ago our coffee bean grinder gave out. I co-opted my wife's little grinder that she used to use for making gluten free flour. It lasted about a week before it gave out. I then remembered another grinder that I had won in our local grocer's loyalty program--a Cuisinart--so I put that one into service. It gave out today. I may need to buy an industrial coffee bean grinder.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22322
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:54 am

I lost my DD 214 so I'm submitting a form to the US government for a copy.
A government shut down looks to be on the way, but I'm not complaining.
There are far more important issues at stake than my DD 214.
I can wait.

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 5850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 am
I can't wait...
Appears you will have to.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Post Reply