Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am

I am leaving work today at 3:30 and driving 30 miles in a direction opposite to where home is, so I can watch my oldest grand daughter play volleyball. Its her last regular game of the season.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am

I have lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks. Only 34 more to go.

Not that you care.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 am

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am

Not that you care.
34 weeks is a long time to go... hang in there :)
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 am
UncleBob wrote:

Not that you care.
34 weeks is a long time to go... hang in there :)
Mmm... biscuits and gravy..
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am

UncleBob wrote:

Not that you care.
I found them. They were admitted to Canada.
I figure if you keep up that decay rate then you're gone in about 72 weeks. 8O
At 38 weeks you're past the 1/2 gone stage. What will remain?
"I am not the orthodox light-quantizer for whom you take me." Einstein reassurance to Lorentz, Jan. 1911

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am

Rusty wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 am
UncleBob wrote:

Not that you care.
I found them. They were admitted to Canada.
I figure if you keep up that decay rate then you're gone in about 72 weeks. 8O
At 38 weeks you're past the 1/2 gone stage. What will remain?
Whisky and bad choices, of course.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm

UncleBob wrote:

Not that you care.
What happens in 34 weeks?
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am
I am leaving work today at 3:30 and driving 30 miles in a direction opposite to where home is, so I can watch my oldest grand daughter play volleyball. Its her last regular game of the season.
and you'll be grinning to yourself the whole time. Besides, a 30 minute ride is good pipe time.
DL Jake

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

I am hoping that the USPS tracking on my order is wrong. Not because of the expected delivery date, but because of the potential for amazingly inefficient routing by the postal service.

According to the tracking, my package departed from a city about 130 miles south of me - close to Seattle. It's next check in was in Minnesota. I can't imagine that the most efficient way to travel 130 miles north was to start out by going almost 1700 miles east. I realize there are a few rivers to cross using the direct route, but as far as I know they all have bridges.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am

I suck at office parties. My company, there's only five of us, is supposed to go on a field trip this afternoon to this place called Top Golf this afternoon. It's sort of like darts with golf balls at 200 yards. I'd rather not go. It's only 8:00a and I'm already dreading it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am
I suck at office parties. My company, there's only five of us, is supposed to go on a field trip this afternoon to this place called Top Golf this afternoon. It's sort of like darts with golf balls at 200 yards. I'd rather not go. It's only 8:00a and I'm already dreading it.
I went on an outing to this place (different location). The company folks I went with didn't keep score, enjoyed the food and let anyone whack at the ball in whatever order-- out of politeness. It will be what they make of it. Food, beer/beverages and opportunity to smack a little ball -- basically a dressed up driving range with heights. I hope your folks don't take it too seriously and is just a near sports pub feel for you.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 am

gaining_age wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:45 am
FredS wrote:
I went on an outing to this place (different location). The company folks I went with didn't keep score, enjoyed the food and let anyone whack at the ball in whatever order-- out of politeness. It will be what they make of it. Food, beer/beverages and opportunity to smack a little ball -- basically a dressed up driving range with heights. I hope your folks don't take it too seriously and is just a near sports pub feel for you.
I don't know why, Fred, but I always thought of you as the social type. Sorry about that. I'm not either, but a 5 man outing doesn't seem like something to sweat too much. You might manage to have some marginal fun.

Praying for you.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 am
gaining_age wrote:
FredS wrote:
I don't know why, Fred, but I always thought of you as the social type. Sorry about that. I'm not either, but a 5 man outing doesn't seem like something to sweat too much. You might manage to have some marginal fun.

Praying for you.
How was Top Golf? We have one here in the metro are and I have been told it is a lot of fun
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm
I am hoping that the USPS tracking on my order is wrong. Not because of the expected delivery date, but because of the potential for amazingly inefficient routing by the postal service.

According to the tracking, my package departed from a city about 130 miles south of me - close to Seattle. It's next check in was in Minnesota. I can't imagine that the most efficient way to travel 130 miles north was to start out by going almost 1700 miles east. I realize there are a few rivers to cross using the direct route, but as far as I know they all have bridges.
I worked in the transportation industry and when it comes to LTL (less than a load) we did some things that seemed stupid on the surface made sense when you look at the hub and spoke system in place. Not saying this is the case here.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am
and you'll be grinning to yourself the whole time. Besides, a 30 minute ride is good pipe time.
You sir are correct...and they won in a hard fought very close 3 game battle. It was the last regular season game and I was so glad that I was there!
Scott ( aka - Thor )

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
FredS wrote:

Praying for you.
How was Top Golf? We have one here in the metro are and I have been told it is a lot of fun
Don't get it twisted, I enjoy drinking beer on Friday afternoon as much as anyone. And I enjoy socializing with my coworkers. For an hour. Maybe an hour and a half. My concern is that we plan to go for lunch and then play a couple rounds. I reckon we'll be there for 4-5 hours. I've been to Top Golf before with my grown children and it's a fun enough activity, but c'mon man, all afternoon hitting a golf ball? There's a reason I've golfed exactly three times in my life. It aint my thing. In fact, three of our guys played in a customers annual golf tournament Monday, but I (as always) declined the invitation. Our guys finished last. I think maybe they decided they need practice and they didn't want to hurt my feelings by going on a second outing this week without me. I've known these guys ten years, they should realize by now that I'm not offended one bit by not tagging along.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am
Bloodhound wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
FredS wrote:

Praying for you.
Don't get it twisted, I enjoy drinking beer on Friday afternoon as much as anyone. And I enjoy socializing with my coworkers. For an hour. Maybe an hour and a half. My concern is that we plan to go for lunch and then play a couple rounds. I reckon we'll be there for 4-5 hours. I've been to Top Golf before with my grown children and it's a fun enough activity, but c'mon man, all afternoon hitting a golf ball? There's a reason I've golfed exactly three times in my life. It aint my thing. In fact, three of our guys played in a customers annual golf tournament Monday, but I (as always) declined the invitation. Our guys finished last. I think maybe they decided they need practice and they didn't want to hurt my feelings by going on a second outing this week without me. I've known these guys ten years, they should realize by now that I'm not offended one bit by not tagging along.
Good. You aren't a wuss. Just a tad petulant that the activity doesn't suit you. I can support that.

Praying for you.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am
Bloodhound wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
FredS wrote:

Praying for you.
An afternoon of pipe smoking!
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:51 pm

I will be in Kansas City next week for meetings. I will sit in a small room for many days.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

Sir Moose,

As a PSA. As a result of the 'Going Postal' phase in American history, the constitutionally protected United States Post Office, in an all hands on deck until we figure out how to stop our employees from killing all the other employees in the office, came up with WPPTS. Its been a phenomenal success. When was the last time you heard about a postal working 'going postal'?

The Worthless Parcel Post Tracking System is employed as a spot gap and emergency measure for any USPS employee. They simply dial into the system and manipulate packages at random until they laugh and no longer want to kill their office mates.

Suck it up, buttercup.
DL Jake