Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14136
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 am

Jester wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am
Anheuser-Busch just purchased 40 of the new Tesla trucks. The game is about to change.
What? More expensive beer?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Jester
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Jester » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 am
Jester wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am
Anheuser-Busch just purchased 40 of the new Tesla trucks. The game is about to change.
What? More expensive beer?
They will pay for those trucks in one quarter. Then they will ship 400 miles to the charge. There is no way they don't end up on top of this call.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14136
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am

Prescription for daughter:

2 drugs in one product = no insurance coverage = retail price $500 = wtfrijoles, no way? Why do I pay so much for insurance? = :?

separate drug 1 @ $75 retail + separate drug 2 @ $5 retail = $80 retail = not possible with the prescription as written = my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy = :x

Image
Last edited by Cleon on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14136
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:22 am

Jester wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 am
Jester wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am
Anheuser-Busch just purchased 40 of the new Tesla trucks. The game is about to change.
What? More expensive beer?
They will pay for those trucks in one quarter. Then they will ship 400 miles to the charge. There is no way they don't end up on top of this call.
I hope they get some sort of maintenance contract along with the trucks.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Posts: 12781
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Current Superhero: Departed Light

User avatar
jdavis2809
Elder
Elder
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm
Location: VA

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by jdavis2809 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Me too. Insurance for me, $60 a payday. Insurance for my family, $876 a payday. Sad that I hope to not make too much money so my daughter doesn't lose her medicaid.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19989
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 pm

I need to make some new furniture because some of our old stuff doesn't fit the new house. To get back in the woodworking swing, I'm starting with a wine rack and bench for the entry. Both sort of rustic/farmhouse style. I went to a local saw mill and picked up some rough cut pine this morning then spent the rest of the day running errands with 50 board feet of fresh-cut pine in my car. It smells awesome.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19989
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by FredS » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm

In other news, Lowes has a sweet 10" sliding-compound-miter saw on sale for $150.

Merry Christmas to me.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27542
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 pm
In other news, Lowes has a sweet 10" sliding-compound-miter saw on sale for $150.

Merry Christmas to me.
:D :D :D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27542
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm

jdavis2809 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Me too. Insurance for me, $60 a payday. Insurance for my family, $876 a payday. Sad that I hope to not make too much money so my daughter doesn't lose her medicaid.
I can relate.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22694
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm

coco wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm
jdavis2809 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Me too. Insurance for me, $60 a payday. Insurance for my family, $876 a payday. Sad that I hope to not make too much money so my daughter doesn't lose her medicaid.
I can relate.
Me too.
Ours goes up in January to $1500/month for me & my family.
Too bad it doesn't cover much of anything nor is accepted by our physicians.
In March I qualify for Medicare, which should roll the premiums back to what it was before the latest hike.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8524
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 am

Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm
coco wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm
jdavis2809 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Me too. Insurance for me, $60 a payday. Insurance for my family, $876 a payday. Sad that I hope to not make too much money so my daughter doesn't lose her medicaid.
I can relate.
Me too.
Ours goes up in January to $1500/month for me & my family.
Too bad it doesn't cover much of anything nor is accepted by our physicians.
In March I qualify for Medicare, which should roll the premiums back to what it was before the latest hike.
Good luck, to all of us.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by hugodrax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 am
Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm
coco wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm
jdavis2809 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Cleon wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am
my afternoon is shot dickering with insurance, doctor, and pharmacy
I can relate.
Me too. Insurance for me, $60 a payday. Insurance for my family, $876 a payday. Sad that I hope to not make too much money so my daughter doesn't lose her medicaid.
I can relate.
Me too.
Ours goes up in January to $1500/month for me & my family.
Too bad it doesn't cover much of anything nor is accepted by our physicians.
In March I qualify for Medicare, which should roll the premiums back to what it was before the latest hike.
Good luck, to all of us.
Yeah, the raise is nuts.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Skip » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Survived the church Christmas party. I was at church for twelve hours, sitting at the keyboard for most of them. I poured a drink and am headed for bed.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2756
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 pm

2,500.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27542
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by coco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 pm
2,500.
You are now qualified for the CPS bonus program.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2756
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:45 pm

coco wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:43 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 pm
2,500.
You are now qualified for the CPS bonus program.
That's not the one where a bunch of guys in kilts and fedoras form a drum circle in my driveway is it?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7443
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:00 am

Sir Moose wrote:
coco wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:43 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:34 pm
2,500.
You are now qualified for the CPS bonus program.
That's not the one where a bunch of guys in kilts and fedoras form a drum circle in my driveway is it?
We are on our way now!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33204
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 am

The kids are off today because the teachers have a "professional development day", whatever the hell that is. It sounds fishy to me seeing that Christmas break starts in 10 days and The Boy still has dive practice.

Not that you care.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14136
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am

Missing a couple of my old 30s-40s Dunhill EK Shells that I used to have. One was a beater and one was pristine. For some reason, they remind me of Christmas.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Post Reply