Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm
I am hoping that the USPS tracking on my order is wrong. Not because of the expected delivery date, but because of the potential for amazingly inefficient routing by the postal service.

According to the tracking, my package departed from a city about 130 miles south of me - close to Seattle. It's next check in was in Minnesota. I can't imagine that the most efficient way to travel 130 miles north was to start out by going almost 1700 miles east. I realize there are a few rivers to cross using the direct route, but as far as I know they all have bridges.
Sir Moose,

As a PSA. As a result of the 'Going Postal' phase in American history, the constitutionally protected United States Post Office, in an all hands on deck until we figure out how to stop our employees from killing all the other employees in the office, came up with WPPTS. Its been a phenomenal success. When was the last time you heard about a postal working 'going postal'?

The Worthless Parcel Post Tracking System is employed as a spot gap and emergency measure for any USPS employee. They simply dial into the system and manipulate packages at random until they laugh and no longer want to kill their office mates.

Suck it up, buttercup.
That explains a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 pm

I've been helping clean out and disinfect a trailer/mobile home that's been infected with rats, mice and whatever else could get inside it. After working this morning until noon, the underside of my arm began itching, and I noticed a bite, which I'm pretty sure is a spider bite.

Edit: I've squeezed all the juice I can get to come out of it, and smeared it with Neosporin. I'm thinking that drinking some whisky also may help.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 pm
I've been helping clean out and disinfect a trailer/mobile home that's been infected with rats, mice and whatever else could get inside it. After working this morning until noon, the underside of my arm began itching, and I noticed a bite, which I'm pretty sure is a spider bite.

Edit: I've squeezed all the juice I can get to come out of it, and smeared it with Neosporin. I'm thinking that drinking some whisky also may help.
Can't hurt.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:29 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm
sweetandsour wrote:

Can't hurt.
Rebel Yell, perhaps?

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:39 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:29 pm
UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Can't hurt.
Rebel Yell, perhaps?
Mmm... tasty...

I approve of this course of treatment.

:chili:

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:52 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:39 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Can't hurt.
Rebel Yell, perhaps?
Mmm... tasty...

Rebel Yell, perhaps? No. Hell no. Are you new here? UB? Yer encouraging this? I wag a disappointing index finger at you. If Sam Houston was alive today, we'd get to talk to him. But I digress.

In 1792 the great Common Wealth of Kentucky became an independent state. Kentucky allows Bourbon distilleries within the state to lawfully use the state name in their branding. As is the want of the great men that forged this great land, they did something great. They wrote The Code of Whiskey.

Spider bites are to be treated with either; Canadian or Irish whiskey only. The Code of Whiskey; 2.4. 1794. Donovan.

Besides, Rebel Yell is for 12 year olds.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:05 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm
I am hoping that the USPS tracking on my order is wrong. Not because of the expected delivery date, but because of the potential for amazingly inefficient routing by the postal service.

According to the tracking, my package departed from a city about 130 miles south of me - close to Seattle. It's next check in was in Minnesota. I can't imagine that the most efficient way to travel 130 miles north was to start out by going almost 1700 miles east. I realize there are a few rivers to cross using the direct route, but as far as I know they all have bridges.
Sir Moose,

As a PSA. As a result of the 'Going Postal' phase in American history, the constitutionally protected United States Post Office, in an all hands on deck until we figure out how to stop our employees from killing all the other employees in the office, came up with WPPTS. Its been a phenomenal success. When was the last time you heard about a postal working 'going postal'?

The Worthless Parcel Post Tracking System is employed as a spot gap and emergency measure for any USPS employee. They simply dial into the system and manipulate packages at random until they laugh and no longer want to kill their office mates.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Yep. I think they broadcast randomly, with your parcel, to 'discover' the route.
They're at their best with international parcels, say, to Canada. There is some evidence that USPS has a theory about the countries being organized alphabetically on the planet. So Canada begins with 'C' and that has to be close to Australia, right? They have routed parcels from Virginia through Australia to get to Canada. Another even closer guess (alphabetically) to Canada is Columbia, South America. Yes. They've done that too. And USPS's tracking will go silent on these funny parcel excursions. But Canada Post tracking does NOT go silent... it rats out USPS and snickers.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:24 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:52 pm
UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Can't hurt.
Rebel Yell, perhaps?
Mmm... tasty...

Rebel Yell, perhaps? No. Hell no. Are you new here? UB? Yer encouraging this? I wag a disappointing index finger at you. If Sam Houston was alive today, we'd get to talk to him. But I digress.

In 1792 the great Common Wealth of Kentucky became an independent state. Kentucky allows Bourbon distilleries within the state to lawfully use the state name in their branding. As is the want of the great men that forged this great land, they did something great. They wrote The Code of Whiskey.

Spider bites are to be treated with either; Canadian or Irish whiskey only. The Code of Whiskey; 2.4. 1794. Donovan.

Besides, Rebel Yell is for 12 year olds.
Throwing the book at us? You should know that anything (ie, drink, balm or anodyne) that references the civil war is expected to be good antiseptic, as well as imbibement. Especially if it sounds southern.

This said, just to be safe I'll try the Irish and Canadian as well. Thanks!

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I was going to mention the results of the Red River Shootout, but I decided to follow the example of JimVH and take the high road.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:52 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm
I was going to mention the results of the Red River Shootout, but I decided to follow the example of JimVH and take the high road.
We're all about that high road, huh.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 am

I'm about ready to go for some photography downtown, where it's expected to be in the low fifties (F) with 20mph winds. For the first time since last winter, I'm voluntarily wearing pants today.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Skip

Post by Skip » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Skip wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 am
I'm about ready to go for some photography downtown, where it's expected to be in the low fifties (F) with 20mph winds. For the first time since last winter, I'm voluntarily wearing pants today.
I'm home. It was a good day. And I'm no longer wearing pants.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Slow day on CPS today. Well, unless it was the modpocalypse.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Tomorrow, first up for work duties, I need to see what happened at a cutover for a partner and client. I already know what happened and a guy who if often demeaned by the PM team did amazing awesome stuff. His bosses boss with his boss cc’d will receive the kudos deserved.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by MDPiper » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 am

Insomnia! If I could just go to sleep, I might get two hours of sleep before I have to be at work in the morning. Monday is going to be fun.

From Thunktank Sig: Hail! John Boy, the chief moderator and title changer. :pipe3:

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 am

The wife and I had a two day craft event this weekend where we sold her crafts. It was a long couple of days in the heat, etc.

Upon returning home after packing up the display and wares I made the sad point that perhaps the panhandlers on the side of the road make more in a day than we did over the two day effort.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:08 am

MDPiper wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 am
Insomnia! If I could just go to sleep, I might get two hours of sleep before I have to be at work in the morning. Monday is going to be fun.

You have my sympathies, sir.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

gaining_age wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:56 am
The wife and I had a two day craft event this weekend where we sold her crafts. It was a long couple of days in the heat, etc.

Upon returning home after packing up the display and wares I made the sad point that perhaps the panhandlers on the side of the road make more in a day than we did over the two day effort.
BTDT. There's good days and bad, but it's fun trying to find the niche.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am

UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

Can't hurt.
Rebel Yell, perhaps?
Mmm... tasty...

Whisky won't fix the problem

Then again, neither will milk, so what the hell.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Sitting in the Dallas airport at a Chick-fil-a and several young men walk up to me and say, "We really like your USMC hat sir." Find out that they are on their way to MCRD San Diego for boot camp (where I went in 1984). Was a blessing to talk to some fine, young men.
"I am not sure what Rusty said or meant but I am pretty sure I want to choke him unconscious" rev

Official London Fatberg Finder