Latest Bacon

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Latest Bacon

Post by Del » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:38 pm

We have running diaries of our latest smokes, drinks, music, and cheeses.

How could we forget the bacon?!!?

At my favorite smoking pub, The Claddagh Irish Pub. (find one near you, if the local fascists let you smoke with your friends.)

I had "Loaded Pub Chips" - thick-cut fried potatoes, smothered in Guinness cheese sauce, with bits of tomato & onion, and TOPPED WITH REAL BACON BITS! Seasoned sour cream, on the side.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:10 pm

+JMJ+
Try the Grateful Palate. CLICK HERE.

Check out their Bacon of the Month Club, various smoked bacons, and their Platinum Collection Artisan Bacons.

Mmm... Bacon.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

CaptainBlack
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Latest Bacon

Post by CaptainBlack » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Del wrote:We have running diaries of our latest smokes, drinks, music, and cheeses.

How could we forget the bacon?!!?

At my favorite smoking pub, The Claddagh Irish Pub. (find one near you, if the local fascists let you smoke with your friends.)

I had "Loaded Pub Chips" - thick-cut fried potatoes, smothered in Guinness cheese sauce, with bits of tomato & onion, and TOPPED WITH REAL BACON BITS! Seasoned sour cream, on the side.
My wife and I honeymooned in Scotland and Ireland and were amazed in the difference in sandwiches in both places. In Scotland, they were modest. In the airport in Ireland however, I had an incredibly large and satifying sandwich. What a great change!

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:00 am

I made breakfast for dinner for the children and I tonight. We all had some nice, thick sliced peppered bacon with our eggs and toast. My boy ended up bellowing for more until I gave him my last rasher.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

SinisterHand
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SinisterHand » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 am

It is a sad time in my life. Due to a family history of heart-disease and high blood-pressure, we have switched to *gulp* turkey bacon. It's actually not bad. I just feel like I'm sinning by eating so called bacon made from a bird.
<div>The artist formerly known as Creepy Looking Baby.</div>

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 am

A_Morley wrote:... until I gave him my last rasher.
Truly a sign of loving and selfless father.

I have staring at a package of thick sliced bacon my brother has stored in the freezer tempted to turn the whole thing into pig candy and keep it all for myself not telling him the fate of his bacon. Quite the moral dilemma.

Sinisterhand, the sin is not in eating the turkey bacon for it is against your will and to be treated as a type of medicine for your health. The sin is thinking its not bad, not acknowledging it for the perversion that it is. Though at least you have not fallen into sin of eating the abomination that is soy bacon.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 am

You haven't lived until you have tried old fashioned shoulder bacon.
It almost shames other pork products.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

SinisterHand
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SinisterHand » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Thoth wrote:Sinisterhand, the sin is not in eating the turkey bacon for it is against your will and to be treated as a type of medicine for your health. The sin is thinking its not bad, not acknowledging it for the perversion that it is. Though at least you have not fallen into sin of eating the abomination that is soy bacon.
Soy bacon? That's borderline blasphemy.
<div>The artist formerly known as Creepy Looking Baby.</div>

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

A few months back I posted this: Delicious Bacon Recipe

It requires the use of thick cut bacon, brown sugar and spices . . . mmmm my 3 favorite food groups :D

mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon

Post by mountainman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

I haven't had bacon in a great while. My wife doesn't like it so we never have it at home, and mostly when we go out for breakfast I end up getting something else. Though I had a great bacon cheese burger several weeks ago.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:45 pm

A_Morley wrote:I made breakfast for dinner for the children and I tonight. We all had some nice, thick sliced peppered bacon with our eggs and toast. My boy ended up bellowing for more until I gave him my last rasher.
Breakfast makes the best dinner!

Breakfast is good for brunch, too. We had bacon and pancakes on Sunday after Mass. My wife makes the best fluffy buttermilk pancakes from scratch.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:I made breakfast for dinner for the children and I tonight. We all had some nice, thick sliced peppered bacon with our eggs and toast. My boy ended up bellowing for more until I gave him my last rasher.
Breakfast makes the best dinner!

Breakfast is good for brunch, too. We had bacon and pancakes on Sunday after Mass. My wife makes the best fluffy buttermilk pancakes from scratch.
I had breakfast for dinner last night as well: hickory-smoked, pepper-encrusted bacon; two eggs, over easy; chopped potatoes and onions fried in bacon grease; and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon

Post by mountainman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Come to think of it, we had breakfast for dinner last night as well, but we had crepes, with cinnamon apples.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:11 pm

I had bacon on a smoked turkey club for lunch today.
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

raynbogrl
Usher
Usher

Post by raynbogrl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:10 pm

I havn't met a bacon I didn't like, Turkey, Soy, Thick , Thin, Peppered, Maple ect ect..... YUM!

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Del

Post by Del » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:06 pm

raynbogrl wrote:I havn't met a bacon I didn't like, Turkey, Soy, Thick , Thin, Peppered, Maple ect ect..... YUM!

My newest favorite cuticle! Keep 'em coming, RG!

bean_counter
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage

Post by bean_counter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:22 pm

last bacon we had was a dry cure we picked up at Trader Joe's. very nice.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 pm

We used to have a sports bar hereabouts that offered a wicked BLT. One POUND of bacon, sliced tomato, and mayo, all stacked on a half loaf of toasted french bread. I recall an optional side order of Lipitor was available.
"Burritos should not crunch." The Bible

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:13 pm

+JMJ+
Del wrote:My newest favorite cuticle!
That is so gross, Del.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima