Pet Peeves

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
raynbogrl
Usher
Usher

Pet Peeves

Post by raynbogrl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:04 pm

I am sure everyone has a pet peeve or two...

Not that ranting here will solve the problems but some times it just feels good to get them off your chest by sharing with friends..

I thought this might be a good place to unload.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:12 pm

...that she's six months old and still wakes us up three or four times a night to go outside - which is better than whizzin' on the carpet, but still.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

myhero
Congregation
Congregation

Post by myhero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:12 pm

I hate it when my socks/shoes get wet.
(do I have the right idea?)
The commander of the couch cushions
"To hurry through one's leisure is the most unbusiness-like of actions."G.K. Chesterton
Ol, Ceol, Bia Agus Craic

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Folks who wear their baseballcaps all slainty ways, turned to the side, backards, you know what I mean... :evil:

Young fellers what wears they jeans pulled down so as to expose they boxers, you know what I mean... :evil:

Such folks as above who do not expire on the first shot, so you have to needlessly waste ammuniton, you know what I mean, well, maybe not, you'll have to trust me on that one... 8O

:lol:
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

Skip

Post by Skip » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Preacherman wrote:Such folks as above who do not expire on the first shot, so you have to needlessly waiste ammuniton, you know what I mean, well, maybe not, you'll have to trust me on that one... 8O
Well, she DID say "unload"...
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

raynbogrl
Usher
Usher

Post by raynbogrl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:15 pm

I absolutely hate it when you go into a store and ask a employee if they carry a certain item and they will lie to you just so they don't have to take a minute to find out for you if they don't know..

For instance;
One time RenaissanceGuy and I went into a small shop that specializes in maps of all kinds.
He asked if they had any wall maps that clearly had all the counties in Oregon marked...

The girl instantly said "No we don't carry any like that".
After glancing around, I discovered not but a few feet away from her was one hanging on the wall clear as day.. not only that, they had a bin with several more nearby..

This isn't the 1st time this kind of thing has happened either...
:evil:
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Skip wrote:
Preacherman wrote:Such folks as above who do not expire on the first shot, so you have to needlessly waiste ammuniton, you know what I mean, well, maybe not, you'll have to trust me on that one... 8O
Well, she DID say "unload"...

AH YES, you are doing better Skip - you got it - :lol:
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Y'know, it's strange: I have lots of things I like to harp on in my lame attempts at humor, but I don't really have any pet peeves. The only time I can even remember being mad in the last few months was a night when a bouncer (whom I know personally) wanted to make me pay the cover to get my girlfriend into the bar I was playing at, so I suppose my pet peeve is bouncers who give me a hard time getting into places I'm playing at.

snede2112
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by snede2112 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm

colton wrote:Y'know, it's strange: I have lots of things I like to harp on in my lame attempts at humor, but I don't really have any pet peeves. The only time I can even remember being mad in the last few months was a night when a bouncer (whom I know personally) wanted to make me pay the cover to get my girlfriend into the bar I was playing at, so I suppose my pet peeve is bouncers who give me a hard time getting into places I'm playing at.
Guys with lame a$$ pet peeves.
-Eric

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm

raynbogrl wrote:I absolutely hate it when you go into a store and ask a employee if they carry a certain item and they will lie to you just so they don't have to take a minute to find out for you if they don't know..

For instance;
One time RenaissanceGuy and I went into a small shop that specializes in maps of all kinds.
He asked if they had any wall maps that clearly had all the counties in Oregon marked...

The girl instantly said "No we don't carry any like that".
After glancing around, I discovered not but a few feet away from her was one hanging on the wall clear as day.. not only that, they had a bin with several more nearby..

This isn't the 1st time this kind of thing has happened either...
:evil:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH........ :evil:

I'm gonna cuss - (well, maybe later... :lol: )

Anyhow, I'll bet she was smack, smack, smacking her gum with her mouth wide open too, right......OOOOOOOH........I hate that!!!!!!! (I might cuss now anyway!!!)

Skip, on those kind we should 'unload' - and maybe reload and do it again!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

WOW, I fell better.... 8O

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm

People who insist that the cup holders in my truck are for storing things other than drinks! :evil:

ATexanLostinVirginia
i will pee on you
i will pee on you

Post by ATexanLostinVirginia » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Thunktank wrote:People who insist that the cup holders in my truck are for storing things other than drinks! :evil:
lol

-- People who say "you're welcome" before I have a chance to say "thank-you" - it's seems very rude to me. Give me a chance to say "thank-you," otherwise, you're just flaunting your psuedo kindness...
+1836+

"On land, on sea, at home abroad
I smoke my pipe and worship God."
-Johann Sebastian Bach

http://www.tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=1024

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:26 pm

snede2112 wrote:
colton wrote:Y'know, it's strange: I have lots of things I like to harp on in my lame attempts at humor, but I don't really have any pet peeves. The only time I can even remember being mad in the last few months was a night when a bouncer (whom I know personally) wanted to make me pay the cover to get my girlfriend into the bar I was playing at, so I suppose my pet peeve is bouncers who give me a hard time getting into places I'm playing at.
Guys with lame a$$ pet peeves.

Snede, play nice now, besides, I'll bet Colton whupped that feller good an proper!!!

Colton, even if you have to lie, (and a big one could NOT hurt at this time), you got to redeem yourself... :lol:

LushMojo
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by LushMojo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Stupid people.

Skip

Post by Skip » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 pm

LushMojo wrote:Stupid people.
id est EVERYBODY

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 pm

ATexanLostinVirginia wrote:you're just flaunting your psuedo kindness...

Tex, I see you don't like to see them fellers wearing their caps all turnt crockedwise either - good for you!!!!!!!... 8O

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Well Preach, if bywhuppedyou mean "caught the manager's eye and said, "Heather, why the hell is this guy asking me to pay for Audrey?"," then yes; I whupped him good.

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Skip wrote:I detest EVERYBODY!!!

OK YOU TWO, take it to the Theology Section... 8O

Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Preacherman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm

colton wrote:Well Preach, if bywhuppedyou mean "caught the manager's eye and said, "Heather, why the hell is this guy asking me to pay for Audrey?"," then yes; I whupped him good.

NO, NO, man, dad-gum, you are digging yourself deeper and deeper!!!

Look, like this:

It was all I could take, I rolled up my sleeves, drew back.......and low and behold, Audrey done knocked the dude out with a beer bottle, she did that to save him a trip to the hospital, I'm a wild-cat when I get riled!!! Ah yes, listen to ole PM... <redacted_emoji>

See, how easy that was, no-one would have known the difference, cept The Lord, and even He would have laughed... :wink:

LushMojo
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by LushMojo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Skip wrote:
id est EVERYBODY
Word.