Golden Ratio in a smoking pipe

All about pipe making
Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Golden Ratio in a smoking pipe

Post by Sid.Stavros » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:43 am

This is a video from a friend of mine, Kostas Gourvelos which creates often pipes based in the Golden Ratio, you can hear him telling the details in english:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNbVV0zTK8Y

I post this video for information purposes only, i am not a middleman propoting anyone, i just want to show you what kind of pipes he creates in Greece based in mathematics and engineering with an "artistic" touch. I hope that you will like it and will gine an inspiration to those who make smoking pipes.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: Golden Ratio in a smoking pipe

Post by Del » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 pm

I enjoyed meeting and pleasant conversation with Kostas at the Chicago Pipe Show 2017.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Golden Ratio in a smoking pipe

Post by FredS » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:56 pm

The golden ratio is much discussed in pipe design. All art really. Pipes, buildings, chairs, sculpture, you name it. It's more strictly applied in traditional shapes, but even modern, free form design pipes can't deviate much without looking 'off'.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe