Babies

Where two or more are gathered....
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm

sweetandsour wrote:WOW! Man, just WOW! Congrats all around. BTW, she looks nothing like her ultrasound.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Babies

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:26 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 pm
I am truly excited for y'all. Truly.

Praise God.
+ :chili:

Congrats brother.

Prayers for a good future.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher

Post by BrianMadsen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:43 am

Congratulations, Michael! She is adorable :-) enjoy all the fun, and lack of sleep haha :-)

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks everybody. Not just for your congrats, but your prayers the last 10 months. This has been a long, difficult journey for us. You guys got a front row seat to the last 1/4. I was looking through this post last night, and saw the day that it looked like we were losing this pregnancy too. I know there will be even tougher days ahead, but I'm so grateful to hold a little one in my arms today.

There might be a bit of jaundice. Getting some blood tests soon. If there's not then we get to go home! :D

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am
Thanks everybody. Not just for your congrats, but your prayers the last 10 months. This has been a long, difficult journey for us. You guys got a front row seat to the last 1/4. I was looking through this post last night, and saw the day that it looked like we were losing this pregnancy too. I know there will be even tougher days ahead, but I'm so grateful to hold a little one in my arms today.

There might be a bit of jaundice. Getting some blood tests soon. If there's not then we get to go home! :D

We're not backing off, yet.

Your joy is a lot of fun to watch.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 am

Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Rusty wrote:Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
Thanks Uncle Rusty!
This is Camryn Anita Mae.

She is 3850 grams, and 51cm long. I think she'll take after her momma when it comes to height. Image

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

"Daddy."

No finer title in all the world!
("Granddad" runs a mighty close second.)

So wonderful to be able to share with you in your joy, Rev.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 pm

We are home! Dogs approve

ImageImage

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm
Rusty wrote:Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

Thanks Uncle Rusty!

She is 3850 grams, and 51cm long. I think she'll take after her momma when it comes to height. Image

What a pretty girl! And big. Holy smokes. She's bigger than your cellar collection. Nice names. By now you've probably noticed that she has arrived with a personality. I'm not sure what we expect or why but a brand new kid full of personality is a surprise. And of course they later wonder how we manage to predict their reactions because they think we don't understand... but we do, because we've been watching them for quite a while. Nevertheless girls at 14 yo are a little more opaque for a while. And they like it that way. It's really more like 14 going on 22. It's scary the things they natter about.

Not surprised that the dog approves. New member of the pack.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm

I missed this earlier.

Congratulations!

This makes me smile.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks Uncle Rusty!

What a pretty girl! And big. Holy smokes. She's bigger than your cellar collection. Nice names. By now you've probably noticed that she has arrived with a personality. I'm not sure what we expect or why but a brand new kid full of personality is a surprise. And of course they later wonder how we manage to predict their reactions because they think we don't understand... but we do, because we've been watching them for quite a while. Nevertheless girls at 14 yo are a little more opaque for a while. And they like it that way. It's really more like 14 going on 22. It's scary the things they natter about.

Not surprised that the dog approves. New member of the pack.
For those of us who don't normally use metric for baby measurements, that works out to about 8 lb 8 oz and 20" long.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Took her to work at the station today.

2.5 days old and on the radio. Not bad.

ImageImage

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm

ImageImage

Good grief! Careful getting that child out and about, Dad. She really is a cutie, though.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:50 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm

ImageImage

Good grief! Careful getting that child out and about, Dad. She really is a cutie, though.
She's got CPS prayers all over her, so no worries Image

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:35 pm

:dance:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Do you typically wear pants for your show, or did you dress for the special day?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:36 pm

FredS wrote:Do you typically wear pants for your show, or did you dress for the special day?

Actually this company we wear full suit and tie everyday when working. I was hoping upper management wasn't around when I came in haha. Very odd for the "talent" to have a dress code, but I'm a company man, so play by the rules.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm

This baby is such an amazing gift. Thank you all for your prayers. A few pictures for y'allImageImageImageImage

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm
This baby is such an amazing gift. Thank you all for your prayers. A few pictures for y'allImageImageImageImage

Thanks be to God. She's beautiful. I am so happy for you.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson