Babies

Where two or more are gathered....
User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm

sweetandsour wrote:WOW! Man, just WOW! Congrats all around. BTW, she looks nothing like her ultrasound.
Image

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19728
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:26 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 pm
I am truly excited for y'all. Truly.

Praise God.
+ :chili:

Congrats brother.

Prayers for a good future.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

User avatar
BrianMadsen
Usher
Usher
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: Babies

Post by BrianMadsen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:43 am

Congratulations, Michael! She is adorable :-) enjoy all the fun, and lack of sleep haha :-)

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks everybody. Not just for your congrats, but your prayers the last 10 months. This has been a long, difficult journey for us. You guys got a front row seat to the last 1/4. I was looking through this post last night, and saw the day that it looked like we were losing this pregnancy too. I know there will be even tougher days ahead, but I'm so grateful to hold a little one in my arms today.

There might be a bit of jaundice. Getting some blood tests soon. If there's not then we get to go home! :D


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19944
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by JimVH » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am
Thanks everybody. Not just for your congrats, but your prayers the last 10 months. This has been a long, difficult journey for us. You guys got a front row seat to the last 1/4. I was looking through this post last night, and saw the day that it looked like we were losing this pregnancy too. I know there will be even tougher days ahead, but I'm so grateful to hold a little one in my arms today.

There might be a bit of jaundice. Getting some blood tests soon. If there's not then we get to go home! :D


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
We're not backing off, yet.

Your joy is a lot of fun to watch.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 25025
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Babies

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:19 am

Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Rusty wrote:Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
Thanks Uncle Rusty!
This is Camryn Anita Mae.

She is 3850 grams, and 51cm long. I think she'll take after her momma when it comes to height. Image

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Babies

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

"Daddy."

No finer title in all the world!
("Granddad" runs a mighty close second.)

So wonderful to be able to share with you in your joy, Rev.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

J.R.R. Tolkien



Wherever we go in the world we find other men speaking the same language...dreaming the same dreams. And one of the big four - brownie, or brookie, cutthroat or rainbow - is the cause of it all.

Roderick Haig-Brown

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 pm

We are home! Dogs approve


ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
Rusty
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
Posts: 25025
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by Rusty » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm
Rusty wrote:Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
Thanks Uncle Rusty!
This is Camryn Anita Mae.

She is 3850 grams, and 51cm long. I think she'll take after her momma when it comes to height. Image

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
What a pretty girl! And big. Holy smokes. She's bigger than your cellar collection. Nice names. By now you've probably noticed that she has arrived with a personality. I'm not sure what we expect or why but a brand new kid full of personality is a surprise. And of course they later wonder how we manage to predict their reactions because they think we don't understand... but we do, because we've been watching them for quite a while. Nevertheless girls at 14 yo are a little more opaque for a while. And they like it that way. It's really more like 14 going on 22. It's scary the things they natter about.

Not surprised that the dog approves. New member of the pack.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 20857
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Ad Orientem

Re: Babies

Post by Thunktank » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm

I missed this earlier.

Congratulations!

This makes me smile.

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2505
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm
Rusty wrote:Wow. Your Doctor was prescient. At the time I didn't take his Aug 1 comment as a prediction. Congratulations.

It's customary with this sort of event to tell us the specs: name, weight, length, ....
Thanks Uncle Rusty!
This is Camryn Anita Mae.

She is 3850 grams, and 51cm long. I think she'll take after her momma when it comes to height. Image

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
What a pretty girl! And big. Holy smokes. She's bigger than your cellar collection. Nice names. By now you've probably noticed that she has arrived with a personality. I'm not sure what we expect or why but a brand new kid full of personality is a surprise. And of course they later wonder how we manage to predict their reactions because they think we don't understand... but we do, because we've been watching them for quite a while. Nevertheless girls at 14 yo are a little more opaque for a while. And they like it that way. It's really more like 14 going on 22. It's scary the things they natter about.

Not surprised that the dog approves. New member of the pack.
For those of us who don't normally use metric for baby measurements, that works out to about 8 lb 8 oz and 20" long.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Took her to work at the station today.

2.5 days old and on the radio. Not bad.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm
Took her to work at the station today.

2.5 days old and on the radio. Not bad.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Good grief! Careful getting that child out and about, Dad. She really is a cutie, though.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:50 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 pm
Took her to work at the station today.

2.5 days old and on the radio. Not bad.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Good grief! Careful getting that child out and about, Dad. She really is a cutie, though.
She's got CPS prayers all over her, so no worries Image


Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27146
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by coco » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:35 pm

:dance:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19308
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: Babies

Post by FredS » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Do you typically wear pants for your show, or did you dress for the special day?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:36 pm

FredS wrote:Do you typically wear pants for your show, or did you dress for the special day?
Image

Actually this company we wear full suit and tie everyday when working. I was hoping upper management wasn't around when I came in haha. Very odd for the "talent" to have a dress code, but I'm a company man, so play by the rules.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Babies

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm

This baby is such an amazing gift. Thank you all for your prayers. A few pictures for y'allImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4271
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: Babies

Post by CodeMonkey » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 pm
This baby is such an amazing gift. Thank you all for your prayers. A few pictures for y'allImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks be to God. She's beautiful. I am so happy for you.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Post Reply