And we're back...

Where two or more are gathered....
Post Reply
User avatar
JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Posts: 4904
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

And we're back...

Post by JMG » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:23 am

Hardly a full month in the tribe and we are back out in town. My wife is once again experience some troubles with her pancreas. One our mission nurses flew out on our last supply flight to draw blood from Jessi. The next day the doc e-mailed us and the results are not good. At this time our doc is not comfortable with Jessi being in the tribe so we will be living on the base for the foreseeable future. I will be traveling in and out of the tribe to teach. If things don't improve by December we might have to come back to the States for a year-long medical furlough. I'm tired.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am

Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.
“I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a tough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.”

― C.S. Lewis, On the Incarnation

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18014
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by wosbald » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am

+JMJ+
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am
Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
dennisthemenace
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, IN USA
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by dennisthemenace » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am

wosbald wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am
+JMJ+
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am
Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.
Ditto.
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 19315
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NoCo (Northern Colorado)

Re: And we're back...

Post by FredS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am

prayed
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by JimVH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am

dennisthemenace wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am
+JMJ+
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am
Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.
Ditto.
"When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work." FredS

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am
dennisthemenace wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am
+JMJ+
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am
Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.
Ditto.
Indeed, man, praying daily.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

User avatar
SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend
Posts: 8385
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Cloverdale, IN
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by SlowToke » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am

God moves us in ways we don't always understand for His own purpose. Keep trusting in Him. Praying for Jessi's health and clarity in God's will for you and your family.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 5904
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am

SlowToke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am
God moves us in ways we don't always understand for His own purpose. Keep trusting in Him. Praying for Jessi's health and clarity in God's will for you and your family.
This...praying now
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by Joshoowah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am

You always have my prayers, JM. I know how hard it can be. Please keep us updated.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 14882
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am
JimVH wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 am
dennisthemenace wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am
+JMJ+
ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am
Really sorry to hear this. Holding you all up in prayer, and especially praying for peace and assurance in the midst of everything.
Ditto.
Indeed, man, praying daily.
Can't put it any better.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11044
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: And we're back...

Post by Gabriel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am
SlowToke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am
God moves us in ways we don't always understand for His own purpose. Keep trusting in Him. Praying for Jessi's health and clarity in God's will for you and your family.
This...praying now
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19728
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 am

Gabriel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am
SlowToke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am
God moves us in ways we don't always understand for His own purpose. Keep trusting in Him. Praying for Jessi's health and clarity in God's will for you and your family.
This...praying now
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 27149
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: And we're back...

Post by coco » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am

The kids and my college class are all praying for you.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: ...through the tulips

Re: And we're back...

Post by michigander » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 am
Gabriel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 am
SlowToke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am
God moves us in ways we don't always understand for His own purpose. Keep trusting in Him. Praying for Jessi's health and clarity in God's will for you and your family.
This...praying now

Post Reply