A new church

Where two or more are gathered....
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

A new church

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm

My wife and I have been attending a mega church and while it has been nice for me to get away from the small church politics the big church as not been good for my wife, she feels dis-connected. To tell the truth if we never darkended the door step of the mega church I am not sure anyone would notice.

It has been 8 years and my wife wants to re-connect with a church family and well I am ready too. So this Sunday we are checking out another church, a smaller church...

Please pray for God to guide us as we start looking for a new church home.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Re: A new church

Post by infidel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm
My wife and I have been attending a mega church and while it has been nice for me to get away from the small church politics the big church as not been good for my wife, she feels dis-connected. To tell the truth if we never darkended the door step of the mega church I am not sure anyone would notice.

It has been 8 years and my wife wants to re-connect with a church family and well I am ready too. So this Sunday we are checking out another church, a smaller church...

Please pray for God to guide us as we start looking for a new church home.
Do you know what it is she feels disconnected from? Does she?

Any large church worth visiting is self conscious enough to recognize this problem and should provide ample opportunities for connecting with people in similar life stages (singles, newleyweds, young families, blended families etc), similar locations (home bible studies), similar interests (mission/service opportunities, womens groups, mens groups), etc etc. We are on first-name basis with a decent sized circle of people at our large church, and connected to several different ministries at different levels of engagement.

That said, the one thing I've started to notice is a lack of first-name familiarity with any of the pastors.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:47 pm

We have tried several small studies within the church and that was fine for a while but it felt like we were going to bible study and the church was just the vehicle, the thing we did to verify that we belonged in the study, I know that is poorly expressed... things were going on with the church that no one in the study group knew anything about.

I am not knocking the big church...it was very good for us (me) for a while, going from being very involved in last church we were in to the big church was a good rest for me and for my wife. But now its time to do more than be a spectator on Sundays
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Praying.
As thus we sat in darkness
Each one busy with his prayers,
"We are lost!" the captain shouted,
As he staggered down the stairs.

O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 pm
Praying.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

I've crossed the Bosphorus.