Fainn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:37 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 pm
Fainn wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:04 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Has your son brought even the slightest bit of joy and hope to your life?

Not really. The first time I saw him I was so disappointed that he didn't look like me at all. Then I spent the other day apologizing to him that I was his father.
Fainn, he's a baby. When they come out of the womb, they all look the same.

Snap out of it and get some help, man. You're not thinking rationally.
Help costs money and you get money by working. Its not funny how many times or in what ways I've been screwed out of a job. Even if I could afford it, the "help" I've gotten so far in Mississippi nearly killed me. I'd rather be operated on by a Latin American mob doctor than get
healthcare" here.
Have you taken my recommendation and started a daily exercise routine?
Yes. I've lost weight but it has no effect on my mood.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Re: Lost it Again

Post by Fainn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Managed to finish up the yardwork. Haven't been paid yet.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Fainn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:39 pm
JMG wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 pm
Fainn wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Fainn wrote:
FredS wrote:

Not really. The first time I saw him I was so disappointed that he didn't look like me at all. Then I spent the other day apologizing to him that I was his father.

Help costs money and you get money by working. Its not funny how many times or in what ways I've been screwed out of a job. Even if I could afford it, the "help" I've gotten so far in Mississippi nearly killed me. I'd rather be operated on by a Latin American mob doctor than get
healthcare" here.
I'm not really concerned with weight loss, though that's an added benefit. Plan a workout regiment for yourself. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, and stick to it. You only have things to gain from this. Just don't plan on immediate results. Plan on working at it for at least three months before you notice anything. This will certainly not hurt you in any way, you only stand to gain. Another thing I would encourage you to do, is start saying some positive things...out loud. If you see a pretty flower, say so. If you catch a cool breeze on a hot day, say you are thankful for it out loud. I'm not really concerned with who you are thankful to for these things (though I hope you can reconcile with the Lord and give thanks to Him). But Fainn you have GOT to start doing some things to change your attitude. Sometimes, regardless of reason, this world is just a craphole place. And just like exercising our body takes discipline, exercising our attitudes and honing them in on the good things will also take discipline. Start small, but try often.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:09 pm

JMG wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Fainn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:39 pm
JMG wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 pm
Fainn wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Fainn wrote:
FredS wrote:

healthcare" here.
I'm not really concerned with weight loss, though that's an added benefit. Plan a workout regiment for yourself. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, and stick to it. You only have things to gain from this. Just don't plan on immediate results. Plan on working at it for at least three months before you notice anything. This will certainly not hurt you in any way, you only stand to gain. Another thing I would encourage you to do, is start saying some positive things...out loud. If you see a pretty flower, say so. If you catch a cool breeze on a hot day, say you are thankful for it out loud. I'm not really concerned with who you are thankful to for these things (though I hope you can reconcile with the Lord and give thanks to Him). But Fainn you have GOT to start doing some things to change your attitude. Sometimes, regardless of reason, this world is just a craphole place. And just like exercising our body takes discipline, exercising our attitudes and honing them in on the good things will also take discipline. Start small, but try often.

Agreed on all points. There are other things to tend to (borrow Davis' UNDOCTORED from da liberry) but exercise may help and certainly won't hurt.

In the long run, one of the things you find is that it's doing the boring, mildly unpleasant short-run stuff steadily makes a huge difference.
In search of a sig line that somehow doesn't offend someone who richly deserves it.