Rehydrating tobacco

FAQs, info, etc. No horsing around. The librarian is a brute.
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Rehydrating tobacco

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 am

A good and easy Rehydrating tobacco method:
OldWorldSwine wrote: Image
A couple of layers of paper towel, soaked with water, wrung out and placed over the top of a tupperware container. Then the lid snapped on. Re-soak paper towel when it dries out. Repeat until desired moisture level is achieved.
DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:48 am

+JMJ+
That rehydration method works, but I've come up with what I think is a slightly easier way.

I've always got a lot of larger tubs and jars of less expensive leaf laying around, and I tend to rotate between them. A few ounces of one, then a few of the next and so on. As you might expect, it dries to a bone eventually. So.,. I use a small dish or cup (I use the bottom half of a pack of dip) and then tear a piece of paper towel into a number of small squares (6 or 8 will do) that will sit inside the cup. Wet the squares, put them in the cup and maybe put in a just a little extra water in the cup, as well. Sit the cup right on top of the tobacco in the tub, put on the lid of the tub, and let it sit for about 24 hours. Then remove the cup, take off the top layer of tobacco (which is now moist) and put it in your daily tobacco receptacle. Put the cup back in the tub on top of the drier tobacco, and repeat the process for as many days as it takes to get the amount of leaf that you want.

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima