God is faithful

For those deep thinkers out there.
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

God is faithful

Post by Winton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 am

Today I heard in the sermon an interesting statement.

"If God sends a trial to us, to teach us something, if we fail the test, he is faithful to send us the trial again."

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: God is faithful

Post by FredS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 am

Del should be all over this 'righteous suffering' (or whatever he calls it) to explain how our suffering can be a testament to our faith.

As for me -
I'd like to point out that our life on earth is not an obstacle course with a series of prepared hurdles and tests we must overcome before we can move to the next level. I don't reckon that's what Winton or his teacher were trying to illustrate, but it is a common thought, even among Christians. How we deal with - and react to - the difficult events in our life certainly matters, but we're not all Jobs. We're more like St. Paul, who's 'thorn' was a perpetual problem but was not the focus of his attentions.

When God closes a door, just open it again. It's a door. That's how they work.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe