Moderator: tuttle

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Annoying Christians - I get it

Post by UncleBob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 am

hugodrax wrote:
Stands to reason.

Did any of those fellers get as far as the New Testament?
It seems not: Bible Codes Expert: Hurricane Matthew a Warning to the US [WATCH]
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 am

UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Stands to reason.

Did any of those fellers get as far as the New Testament?
It seems not: Bible Codes Expert: Hurricane Matthew a Warning to the US [WATCH]
Crazy Jewish fellow should read the New Testament.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:58 am

+JMJ+
In a newly released video, Bible Codes expert Rabbi Matityahu Glazerson makes the case that Hurricane Matthew, which has already killed 339 people and is said to be the most powerful storm in 118 years, is a divine punishment to the US for interfering in Israel’s policies in Judea and Samaria.

The video opens with a reminder that, in 2005, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who was then head of Israel’s right-wing Shas party, stated that Hurricane Katrina was the “direct result of support for the disengagement plan.”

Hurricane Katrina, one of the five deadliest hurricanes in US history, began just days after the disastrous expulsion of 8000 Jewish residents of the Gaza Strip. That expulsion is often referred to as the disengagement, when Israel disengaged from Gaza, an action that created a terror state in Hamas-controlled Gaza.

Rabbi Glazerson continued his introduction to the table by highlighting the US State Department’s recent strong condemnation of Israel’s plan to build 300 housing units in the Biblical city of Shiloh in Samaria. …

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:19 am

wosbald wrote:+JMJ+
In a newly released video, Bible Codes expert Rabbi Matityahu Glazerson makes the case that Hurricane Matthew, which has already killed 339 people and is said to be the most powerful storm in 118 years, is a divine punishment to the US for interfering in Israel’s policies in Judea and Samaria.

The video opens with a reminder that, in 2005, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who was then head of Israel’s right-wing Shas party, stated that Hurricane Katrina was the “direct result of support for the disengagement plan.”

Hurricane Katrina, one of the five deadliest hurricanes in US history, began just days after the disastrous expulsion of 8000 Jewish residents of the Gaza Strip. That expulsion is often referred to as the disengagement, when Israel disengaged from Gaza, an action that created a terror state in Hamas-controlled Gaza.

Rabbi Glazerson continued his introduction to the table by highlighting the US State Department’s recent strong condemnation of Israel’s plan to build 300 housing units in the Biblical city of Shiloh in Samaria. …
Heartwarming.

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:50 pm

hugodrax wrote:

Heartwarming.
Still better than blaming cow farts.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:37 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Heartwarming.
You're wrong. I'd rather blame the methane-rich effluvia of our bovine friends than hear that our reward for granting a homeland to God's own punching bags is this sort of blatherskite.

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Heartwarming.
You're wrong. I'd rather blame the methane-rich effluvia of our bovine friends than hear that our reward for granting a homeland to God's own punching bags is this sort of blatherskite.
You're right. Merry Christmas.

I don't often tell other people that they are right, so it is often recieved as a gift when I do.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:55 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Heartwarming.

I don't often tell other people that they are right, so it is often recieved as a gift when I do.
You made me laugh. That's not easy. You get a cookie!

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:04 pm

hugodrax wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Heartwarming.

You made me laugh. That's not easy. You get a cookie!
I like cookies.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Skip wrote:The more I read of stuff from the likes of Dobson and Piper - and other "big names" in the evangelical business - the more I understand why non-Christians hate us. So busy pointing out sin. Sin, sin, sin. That's all it's about. Why the hell would they want to join us?
Those who preach that aren't conscious of the fact are first and foremost not aware that sin is not an act, but a condition. Missing the mark. Missing the mark of who we really are. God knows us far far better than we can ever know ourselves, and always will. The process of being adopted as sons and daughters of God begins here, but will only be fully realized in Glory.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Skip wrote:The more I read of stuff from the likes of Dobson and Piper - and other "big names" in the evangelical business - the more I understand why non-Christians hate us. So busy pointing out sin. Sin, sin, sin. That's all it's about. Why the hell would they want to join us?
Those who preach that aren't conscious of the fact are first and foremost not aware that sin is not an act, but a condition. Missing the mark. Missing the mark of who we really are. God knows us far far better than we can ever know ourselves, and always will. The process of being adopted as sons and daughters of God begins here, but will only be fully realized in Glory.
You've made the point - or possibly mistake - of replying directly to my original post. What does that reply have to do with the original?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 pm

For Thunktank:

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Skip wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
You've made the point - or possibly mistake - of replying directly to my original post. What does that reply have to do with the original?
Misinterpretation of God's Word, and a misunderstanding of the plan of salvation?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:38 pm

I ha' not since put up my sword—
Against the Capitol I met a lion,
Who glared upon me, and went surly by,
Without annoying me.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 am

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:42 am

Nice that they gave her this "tip" after they were served and filled their bellies (if this is REAL). The "make America great again" at the end makes me suspicious that this is a set up to poke at Trump and go viral. Worse, I suppose, would be that this is REAL. I dunno. The interwebs has jaded me.

I will say I don't like that people have the world an easy audience for such a trivial, local event. I mean, the note was left on a napkin in a diner in Greenville. The WWW has given an easy audience to too many people.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:52 am

Cleon wrote:
Nice that they gave her this "tip" after they were served and filled their bellies (if this is REAL). The "make America great again" at the end makes me suspicious that this is a set up to poke at Trump and go viral. Worse, I suppose, would be that this is REAL. I dunno. The interwebs has jaded me.

I will say I don't like that people have the world an easy audience for such a trivial, local event. I mean, the note was left on a napkin in a diner in Greenville. The WWW has given an easy audience to too many people.
I knew people (back in the '90's) who felt it was their duty to leave tracts in lieu of money for waitresses because "..what's more kind than telling someone about Jesus?"

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am

UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:

I knew people (back in the '90's) who felt it was their duty to leave tracts in lieu of money for waitresses because "..what's more kind than telling someone about Jesus?"
Yeah.

A couple of weeks ago, my elderly mom received Image in the mail.

The envelope was addressed to her with a scripture verse in the return address. Talk about annoying (and cowardly). Mom's not even Catholic. Sheesh.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

Post by A_Morley » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 am

I consider any and all forms of unsolicited evangelism to be nothing more than a form of talking to strangers. Talking to strangers is unforgivable.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:20 am

Cleon wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Cleon wrote:

Yeah.

A couple of weeks ago, my elderly mom received Image in the mail.

The envelope was addressed to her with a scripture verse in the return address. Talk about annoying (and cowardly). Mom's not even Catholic. Sheesh.
I had to look up that Chick tract. What an evil pack of hate and lies.
================================

As for the scolding on the napkin, it reminds me of the old election-year joke:

The Republican says, "Whenever I go to a restaurant or ride in a cab, I leave a big tip and give a big smile and say, 'Vote Republican!'"

The Democrat responds, "I do something like that. I leave no tip and just a write a note on a napkin that says, 'Vote Republican.'"
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4