Based on Truth...

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Based on Truth...

Post by JMG » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 pm

I posted this on Facebook earlier, thought I would put it here as well. The thought of it has weighed on since yesterday. This isn't really a theological post, but not sure where else to put it. I just figured I would share a conviction of mine as it might benefit others as well. May we all live, act, treat others, and believe based on God's truth and nothing else.

Polishing up some lessons for 2 Thessalonians to teach next week in Hewa. One of the points says, "We have to consider what truth is. We used to follow our ancestors talk that if we killed all the evil spirits we could live forever. Because we followed their lies we've murdered our mothers, our sisters, and our daughters as witches and we still get sick...we still die. We have to decide if God's talk is true and if it is we should throw down the old talk and follow Jesus' trail." It was sad writing this point and thinking about just how much satan has perverted the Hewa's thinking, but also makes me evaluate my life as well. How much stuff do we do simply because it's what we've always done. I don't think I weigh my actions and thoughts against the truth of Scripture nearly enough.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Jester
Pastor
Pastor

Re: Based on Truth...

Post by Jester » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you for sharing this great post. I don't think I weigh my thoughts or actions against Scripture the majority of the day.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Re: Based on Truth...

Post by tuttle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:17 am

JMG wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 pm
I posted this on Facebook earlier, thought I would put it here as well. The thought of it has weighed on since yesterday. This isn't really a theological post, but not sure where else to put it. I just figured I would share a conviction of mine as it might benefit others as well. May we all live, act, treat others, and believe based on God's truth and nothing else.

Polishing up some lessons for 2 Thessalonians to teach next week in Hewa. One of the points says, "We have to consider what truth is. We used to follow our ancestors talk that if we killed all the evil spirits we could live forever. Because we followed their lies we've murdered our mothers, our sisters, and our daughters as witches and we still get sick...we still die. We have to decide if God's talk is true and if it is we should throw down the old talk and follow Jesus' trail." It was sad writing this point and thinking about just how much satan has perverted the Hewa's thinking, but also makes me evaluate my life as well. How much stuff do we do simply because it's what we've always done. I don't think I weigh my actions and thoughts against the truth of Scripture nearly enough.
And it's good to remember that God's own son was murdered to end our murder of each other. His death was the death knell of all those evil spirits and it really does signal that we can live forever.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis