Secret Societies

For those deep thinkers out there.
Post Reply
User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Ever learn a creed in basic training? Soldier's Creed, Infantryman's Creed etc. Its not as bad as those!
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19879
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Post by Jocose » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Jo, what book is that in the drawing???!
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19879
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Post by Jocose » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Preacherman wrote:Jo, what book is that in the drawing???!
Image

The Holy Bible of course.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36019
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by Del » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm

blenheimbard wrote:
sysiphus wrote:
mountainman wrote:Just some thoughts.
Thoughts that I share, and posted a more rambling stream-of-consciousness bit on in the BSA thread.

The thing that has me baffled is 'why the big fuss?' as far as the church is concerned.
Historically the only "church" that had a problem with the masonic movement was the Roman Catholic Church. The Masonic movement was a part of the Enlightenment which often came into conflict with the "dead hand' of THE Church, which wanted no change in the social set-up, viewing change as a threat to itself. Ironically the RC has its own set of "fraternal" (KofC) and "secret" (Opus Dei) societies.
Before one condemns the "symbols" of Masonry, one would be well advised to know what they are and what they represent, as most are taken from the Old Testament, or used to explain stories from the Bible (e.g. "the Widow's mite").
The Masons were officially and openly hostile to Catholicism, as late as the early 20th Century.

The last great Masonic persecution was in Mexico, under President Plutarcho Calles. From the Wiki article on the Cristero War 1926-1929
For instance, wearing clerical garb in public (i.e., outside Church buildings) earned a fine of 500 pesos (approximately 250 U.S. dollars at the time); a priest who criticized the government could be imprisoned for five years. [3] Some states enacted oppressive measures. Chihuahua, for example, enacted a law permitting only a single priest to serve the entire Catholic congregation of the state.[4] Calles seized church property, expelled all foreign priests, and closed the monasteries, convents and religious schools.[5]

Calles was also a Freemason.[6] One scholar has written that on May 28, 1926, the Masons awarded him a medal of merit for his persecution of Catholics. [7] On July 12, 1926, the following communique appeared in the press:

"International Masonry accepts responsibility for everything that is happening in Mexico, and is preparing to mobilize all its forces for the methodic, integral application of the agreed upon program for this country."[8]
The growth of the Knights of Columbus was largely an answer to the Masons, who would keep Catholics out of job markets that they controlled.

Opus Dei was founded in Spain, 1928. Masonry did not influence Opus Dei at all. There is nothing "secret" about Opus Dei.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8148
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:59 am

Preacherman wrote:Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
Why would anyone on this forum "slank" ... i.e., "to go in a fertive, abject manner, as from fear, cowardice, or shame"? ...
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:51 am

Jocose wrote:Image
Jo, are you a Mason?
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36019
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by Del » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:35 am

Preacherman wrote:Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
That is a very weird website that you found, Preacherman.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Preacherman wrote:Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
Why would anyone on this forum "slank" ... i.e., "to go in a fertive, abject manner, as from fear, cowardice, or shame"? ...
Actually I did not know there was such a word - I still can't find it in my Oxford English Dictionary,
nor in my Websters. - but maybe your definition would fit the manner for clicking the link (for some),
better than my making a joke about the way I introduced the link... :wink:

Wierd does NOT negate reality or truth!!!!!!!
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 pm

PM, that site is rediculous. Some REAL info
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32943
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Post by UncleBob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Preacherman wrote:Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
LOL!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 pm

mountainman wrote:PM, that site is rediculous. Some REAL info
'Ridiculous', you say, then post that link - ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Actually the REAL info is found in Pike's writings, MM, how familiar are you
with them???!... :wink:
UncleBob wrote:
Preacherman wrote:Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are promptly
excommunicated.
The Article wrote:"The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin
and may not receive Holy Communion.... Consequently, neither the
excommunication nor the other penalties envisaged have been
abrogated." -Cardinal Ratzinger, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of
the Faith, November 26, 1983
The Article wrote:Freemasonry is not of God
"My children, recognize the faces of evil now loosed in the world. I bring
you a sad lesson in knowledge. In the past We have counseled through
prophets, your Popes, to forbid all who have joined in My Son's Church,
forbid them to become part of freemasonry and the Masons. And why?
Because, My children, they are not of God, and if they are not of God,
they are the Antichrist. And why are they the Antichrist? Because they
worship false idols!" - Our Lady, November 1, 1977

From this article: SLANK HERE TO READ
LOL!
Bob, are you actually laughing at the Romish position on Masons...hmmm???!

When I was talking to the priests in my earlier days, this was true:
"Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist and are
promptly excommunicated."
- now who knows how the RC Canon Law
has changed since then - but such was absolutely the case years ago in the RC!!!!!!!
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 32943
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Post by UncleBob » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Preacherman wrote:
Bob, are you actually laughing at the Romish position on Masons...hmmm???!
Yep.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6410
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:10 pm

PM, are you now, or have you ever been a Mason?

Through the study I have done on the net this is what you are going to find:
Non-Masons don't like them and say they are evil. Masons of course refute those claims.
As I have stated before, I spent a year in research and prayer about joining the Lodge, God has not convicted me of my choice. If you want to find out the truth, sometimes you have to jump in and see how deep the water really is.

Now, that said, IF, I feel led to join a different church, like the RCC or Orthodox, I will submit myself to their authority and leave the Lodge. As of yet I have not made that decision.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 9841
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Post by AFRS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Preacherman wrote:
Bob, are you actually laughing at the Romish position on Masons...hmmm???!
Yep.
There's something very very slanky goin' on `round here.

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm

mountainman wrote:PM, are you now, or have you ever been a Mason?

Through the study I have done on the net this is what you are going to find:
Non-Masons don't like them and say they are evil. Masons of course refute those claims.
As I have stated before, I spent a year in research and prayer about joining the Lodge, God has not convicted me of my choice. If you want to find out the truth, sometimes you have to jump in and see how deep the water really is.

Now, that said, IF, I feel led to join a different church, like the RCC or Orthodox, I will submit myself to their authority and leave the Lodge. As of yet I have not made that decision.
No, but I am far more studied than most ‘none-brothers’ you know, and
even more studied than many ‘brothers’ you know also.

I studied about racial prejudice once - I found that non-black people don’t
like them and say they are evil - white people of course refute that claim -
MM, do you see the lack of logic in that statement.

MM, my statement was neither pro or con Masonic - neither was it pro or
con RC - and what ever opinion I have of either group is based on years
of good research from good materials they have written themselves.

The point of my post was this point, and remains this point and nothing
else: “Roman Catholics who become Masons are considered Antichrist
and are promptly excommunicated." - and that point is made from facts
and in no way is prejudicial.

I believe you would leave the Lodge if the Lord sent you to a Church that
requested you do so - also I have no problems with the Blue Lodge - it is
the high Pikers that twist and pervert truth that I would contend with - I
believe that if you hit that one day, you will leave of your own accord -
my post was not to down the Masons, you, or your choice to join them, I
hope you can see that.
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 19879
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Post by Jocose » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 pm

Preacherman wrote: Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Image

User avatar
Preacherman
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7169
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Truth is - I'm a 'REAL Baptist' no matter where I am!!!!!!!
Contact:

Post by Preacherman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 pm

8O

That is a strange and inacurate translation - but funny!!!

:lol:
"Give a man an open Bible, an open mind, a conscience in good working order, and he will have a hard time to keep from being a Baptist." ATR

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 18258
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Post by wosbald » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 am

+JMJ+
Yes, membership in the Masons or similar secret societies is forbidden by c.2335 of the 1917 Code of Canon Law:
Persons joining associations of the Masonic sect or any others of the same kind which plot against the Church and legitimate civil authorities contract ipso facto excommunication simply reserved to the Apostolic See.
It is even forbidden by c. 1374 of the 1983 new Code, though it is often not enforced in the practical order:
A person who joins an association which plots against the Church is to be punished with a just penalty; one who promotes or takes office in such an association is to be punished with an interdict.
The reason that the Masons are really not heard railing against the Catholic Church these days is because they pretty much got exactly what they wanted with the onset of Vatican II and the subsequent obfuscation of the Church. What is there for them to work against? The Catholic Church has been effectually neutered in the temporal sphere which has allowed the partisans of the occult to proceed with their designs unimpeded. By the time that the Church shakes off this present malaise (which is almost imminent, methinks), the occultists will have most of the pieces of their plans in place. They are pretty much in place right now, actually.




"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Post Reply