Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

For those deep thinkers out there.

Moderator: tuttle

Post Reply
User avatar
LieutenantGibGib
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Post by LieutenantGibGib » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Hahaha, of course. I trust you took my faux serious response in good humour as well.

(When will the internet adapt to properly convey the subtleties, nuances and verbal intonations that such humour is so heavily dependent on?)

User avatar
Dug
Biff
Biff
Posts: 8991
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by Dug » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Doh! I always blink first. Well played...

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36303
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Post by Del » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 pm

LieutenantGibGib wrote:Hahaha, of course. I trust you took my faux serious response in good humour as well.

(When will the internet adapt to properly convey the subtleties, nuances and verbal intonations that such humour is so heavily dependent on?)
<redacted_emoji>

:wink: :? :twisted:

:lol:
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

User avatar
LieutenantGibGib
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Post by LieutenantGibGib » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Dug wrote:Doh! I always blink first. Well played...
Haha, don't feel too bad. While I was fairly confident that you're not the arrogant, jingoistic American type, there was still that element of uncertainty...

So good show on that, old chap.

User avatar
Monarchist
In Memoriam
Posts: 4749
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by Monarchist » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:47 pm

LieutenantGibGib wrote:If you're interested many Northerners call them pikelets anyway.
Oh good gracious! Do y'all mean to say that there are !*%!*! yankees on this forum. If I'd only known... :( :D
"Never say that God is just. If He were just you would be in hell. Rely only on His injustice which is mercy, love, and forgiveness." - St. Isaac the Syrian

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33250
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re:

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:43 am

Skip wrote:
Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:04 pm
colton wrote:
Skip wrote:
wosbald wrote:Otherwise, this thread is dead.
IF ONLY WE COULD BE SO BLESSED !!!!

Hey, others have said it to me privately, I'm just lettin' the opinions be known. Now, if you'll excuse me -- and even if you won't -- I'm going back to my glass of Jamesons. With just a TAD bit of water.
Nobody's making you click the link. Some of us like our horses good and dead.
Fine. PnP and Dug get the Jamesons. And whatever else I have in my cabinet. You can suck down whatever cheap, watered-down booze that you can afford on your non-existent student allowance. Heck, even have some Bud Light for all I don't care.

Harrumph.
Skip: I had forgotten how effective of a pirate you were. Well done!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33044
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am

Wow, here's a zombie thread.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33250
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am
Wow, here's a zombie thread.
I am conducting some research in the old threads and I saw an excellent, effective pirating. Props had to be given.

:taco:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
elimtaft
Anything but broccoli
Anything but broccoli
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Contact:

Re: Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by elimtaft » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am
Wow, here's a zombie thread.
I am conducting some research in the old threads and I saw an excellent, effective pirating. Props had to be given.

:taco:
Agreed. That one was brutal. But it was certainly fun reading this entire thread again!
A Word Is Worth A Thousand Pictures

Dort wo Du einen Pfeifenraucher siehst, findest Du einen guten Freund.

Broccoli over mushrooms.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33250
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by UncleBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 am

elimtaft wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am
Wow, here's a zombie thread.
I am conducting some research in the old threads and I saw an excellent, effective pirating. Props had to be given.

:taco:
Agreed. That one was brutal. But it was certainly fun reading this entire thread again!
!!! elimtaft sighting!

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
elimtaft
Anything but broccoli
Anything but broccoli
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Contact:

Re: Sola Scriptura=Unconditional Election?

Post by elimtaft » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 am
elimtaft wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am
Wow, here's a zombie thread.
I am conducting some research in the old threads and I saw an excellent, effective pirating. Props had to be given.

:taco:
Agreed. That one was brutal. But it was certainly fun reading this entire thread again!
!!! elimtaft sighting!

:chili:
Hi!
A Word Is Worth A Thousand Pictures

Dort wo Du einen Pfeifenraucher siehst, findest Du einen guten Freund.

Broccoli over mushrooms.

Post Reply