Steampunk

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Steampunk

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:11 am

Yeah Wos, the steampunk thing jumped the shark. But it's better than some fad subcultures we've been involved in. Urban Cowboys and 90's Hair Christian Bands come immediately to mind.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 am

DL Jake

All my posts should be viewed from a position of, this guy is nuts.

I missed throwing up in 2016. » tuttle

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 am

that's funny right there
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:32 pm

The best description I've heard of steampunk is when goth kids discover the color brown.
2016 Winner, Least Likely to Correctly use a Pipe Sock Image

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:58 pm

I attended a steampunk convention for a day. They were cool people. I decided they were no weirder than pipe smokers.

In fact, having attended multiple pipe smoking conventions, I can easily conclude that the steampunk convention was more fun. In addition, I enjoyed some great times and conversations whilst smoking my Nate King Gearpunk with several other smokers - cigarette and pipe - while there. Ergo, some of you should maybe get over yourselves. :twisted:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:58 pm
I attended a steampunk convention for a day. They were cool people. I decided they were no weirder than pipe smokers.

In fact, having attended multiple pipe smoking conventions, I can easily conclude that the steampunk convention was more fun. In addition, I enjoyed some great times and conversations whilst smoking my Nate King Gearpunk with several other smokers - cigarette and pipe - while there. Ergo, some of you should maybe get over yourselves. :twisted:
You first, champ.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm
Skip wrote:

You first, champ.
Pffft. Not gonna happen.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Skip wrote:

If this is what it takes to make you feel good about smoking your goofy pipe then by all means, continue telling us how great steampunk is.

:chili:
(This dancing pepper is used to show I'm joking. The last thing I need is to piss of a mod. Especially a super-mod. Who could probably find out where I live and do some sort of damage to myself or my credit score in about three minutes.)

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 pm
Skip wrote:

If this is what it takes to make you feel good about smoking your goofy pipe then by all means, continue telling us how great steampunk is.

(This dancing pepper is used to show I'm joking. The last thing I need is to piss of a mod. Especially a super-mod. Who could probably find out where I live and do some sort of damage to myself or my credit score in about three minutes.)
Nah. I'm just to the point of being able to laugh about nerds making fun of geeks and being willing to suggest that we're ALL weird.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Skip wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Skip wrote:

You first, champ.
Pffft. Not gonna happen.
Hah!
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm
FredS wrote:
Skip wrote:

Nah. I'm just to the point of being able to laugh about nerds making fun of geeks and being willing to suggest that we're ALL weird.
Yeah, that was my point in mentioning Urban Cowboys and Christian Hair Bands earlier in the thread. We all find our own particular brand of weird when it comes along.

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Croquet, anyone?
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:11 am
Yeah Wos, the steampunk thing jumped the shark. But it's better than some fad subcultures we've been involved in. Urban Cowboys and 90's Hair Christian Bands come immediately to mind.
Hmmmmm. A steampunk mechanical bull with a Stryper color scheme? Sounds cool. At least for a while.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:15 pm
Skip wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm
FredS wrote:
Skip wrote:

Yeah, that was my point in mentioning Urban Cowboys and Christian Hair Bands earlier in the thread. We all find our own particular brand of weird when it comes along.
IKR?