Confessions

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Confessions

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm

I haven't watched a national newscast (aside from snippets of Sunday morning political talk shows) in perhaps two months. Though it doesn't make me a well informed citizen, it does make me supremely happy.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:18 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm
I haven't watched a national newscast (aside from snippets of Sunday morning political talk shows) in perhaps two months. Though it doesn't make me a well informed citizen, it does make me supremely happy.
Alleluia!
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:37 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm
Alleluia!
Mrs. R more than makes up for you Fred.
Current Superhero(s): Pepik and Skip.

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 pm
Months ago now I ordered a tin of Capt. Black grape from P&C. It was almost more of a joke. I'd smoke it just so that I could say that I had and then send off additional baggies to interested CPSers. The box containing it arrived and I set it aside and went out of town for a week long gig.

It's easy enough for me to forget about less than pressing matters. It wasn't until it was mentioned to me again that I remembered the purple can so many smokers were almost afraid to fill their pipes with but couldn't seem to stop talking about. I'd crack it open and send off samples of it in a couple of days I told myself but then I'd forget about it all over again.

I was downtown and trying to ignore bystanders one day when a voice broke in that I couldn't ignore.

"Can you spare some pipe tobacco, sir?"

It was a youth of not over twenty sitting on the cobblestones in company with the buskers and pit bulls and dreadlocked anarchists of downtown. He was what I would have marked as a gutter punk or crust punk: willfully homeless and itinerant political dissidents who are a conspicuous feature of Oregon's urban culture with their homemade patchwork punk clothing and DIY piercings and body art. Being solicited for money or cigarettes by white kids with tribal tattoos and probable trust funds is a common enough irritant in the downtownscape of any Pacific Northwest city. This kid, however, was both polite and clearly spoken and he was holding a briar that I quickly saw was a Kaywoodie. Seeing as I was smoking a pipe, he thought he would try his luck. His compatriots would likely have asked if I had any cigarettes or made some crack about Sherlock Holmes or smoking weed. I gave him a fill from out my pouch and walked on.

In the weeks to come I saw the same boy once or twice. He would say something like, "There's the nice gentleman with the pipe," and I'd give him a fill from my pouch. One day when I saw him as I was walking home. Recalling that unopened can of Capt. Black Grape for the first time in weeks, I took it and went back to where I had seen him downtown and presented him with it. He seemed very grateful and I haven't seen him since. I told myself that I'd simply buy another can for later sampling, but I never remember it when I am ordering tobacco, for whatever reason.

I am sorry if my forgetfulness had upset or disappointed anybody.
Very enjoyable read indeed.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 am

I just colluded with Satan
I had to join AARP this morning to access United Health Care for a Medicare supplement policy.
I feel so filthy.
Really.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 am

Hovannes wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 am
I just colluded with Satan
I had to join AARP this morning to access United Health Care for a Medicare supplement policy.
I feel so filthy.
Really.
Sounds like collusion alright, between AARP and UHC! ... and/or whoever you retired from.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:01 am

I played Powerball last week. I'm playing again this week and adding Mega Millions to the list. I feel forced since it's an office pool. I mean, I don't want to be left holding the bag if everyone else in the office wins.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:01 am
I played Powerball last week. I'm playing again this week and adding Mega Millions to the list. I feel forced since it's an office pool. I mean, I don't want to be left holding the bag if everyone else in the office wins.
Yeah those are pretty much mandatory.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)