What was your last tobacco purchase?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
User avatar
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Posts: 2247
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm

A pouch of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and after that a pouch and a tub of Captain Black Regular.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by arank87 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:59 pm

100g tin of Rattray’s 3 Noggins and a tin of Balkan Sobranie
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

User avatar
parson
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Springfield, Missouri

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by parson » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 am

Jocose wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 am
parson wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:56 am
Picked up an 8 oz. bag of Penzance.
A parson sighting!

Where did you find Penzance?

My last purchase... 500 grams G&H Dark Birds eye.
Just for Him usually gets some Esoterica a couple of times a year.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 29809
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:35 am

Ordered a few tins of Dunhill 3yo VA last night while watching Ghostbusters.
DL Jake

I cook cornbread in my underwear. - JimVH

Don't fret if it flames up a bit. - Del

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 10193
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:57 am

Four 500 gram boxes of Gawith Hoggarth & Co. Brown Flake Unscented from SmokingPipes.com

ImageImageImageImage
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Adam Z » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am

Four 50g tins of SG Hansom Flake. 2oz GLP Cumberland. 8oz C&D Opening Night. 24oz PS LNF. 24oz PS LBF.

#TAD

Image
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2776
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:17 am

Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
Four 50g tins of SG Hansom Flake. 2oz GLP Cumberland. 8oz C&D Opening Night. 24oz PS LNF. 24oz PS LBF.

#TAD

Image
5 lbs in one order . . . start calling you Goose Jr.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Adam Z » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:17 am
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
Four 50g tins of SG Hansom Flake. 2oz GLP Cumberland. 8oz C&D Opening Night. 24oz PS LNF. 24oz PS LBF.

#TAD

Image
5 lbs in one order . . . start calling you Goose Jr.
LOL... That's only 4.0625 lbs. And the only reason I'm able to do this kind of stock order is because I'm burning up a meager christmas bonus from my employer, along with a little bit of cash that was gifted by the in-laws for christmas. This is atypical for me. Goose's 2KG orders of GH is par for the course :lol:
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2776
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am

Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:17 am
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
Four 50g tins of SG Hansom Flake. 2oz GLP Cumberland. 8oz C&D Opening Night. 24oz PS LNF. 24oz PS LBF.

#TAD

Image
5 lbs in one order . . . start calling you Goose Jr.
LOL... That's only 4.0625 lbs. And the only reason I'm able to do this kind of stock order is because I'm burning up a meager christmas bonus from my employer, along with a little bit of cash that was gifted by the in-laws for christmas. This is atypical for me. Goose's 2KG orders of GH is par for the course :lol:
Good for you, I am just jealous, though I did pick up 1/2 lb in tins last night from Cigarbid.com. I am trying to wait to see what the sales will be on the 20th, hoping to pick up some straight virginias (lb or 2).
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Adam Z » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:17 am
Adam Z wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
Four 50g tins of SG Hansom Flake. 2oz GLP Cumberland. 8oz C&D Opening Night. 24oz PS LNF. 24oz PS LBF.

#TAD

Image
5 lbs in one order . . . start calling you Goose Jr.
LOL... That's only 4.0625 lbs. And the only reason I'm able to do this kind of stock order is because I'm burning up a meager christmas bonus from my employer, along with a little bit of cash that was gifted by the in-laws for christmas. This is atypical for me. Goose's 2KG orders of GH is par for the course :lol:
Good for you, I am just jealous, though I did pick up 1/2 lb in tins last night from Cigarbid.com. I am trying to wait to see what the sales will be on the 20th, hoping to pick up some straight virginias (lb or 2).
I was going to wait for some IPSD sale, but then the SG Hansom Flake dropped, then I got the 20.20% off purchases over $100 email from P&C yesterday... The only problem is that I wasn't able to use the code - as anything that is already on sale doesn't get counted toward the $100 that you have to buy before the coupon code will work. So the code did nothing. I could have cancelled the whole order to save some money closer to IPSD, but then I might have missed out on the Hansom Flake ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by arank87 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm
A pouch of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and after that a pouch and a tub of Captain Black Regular.
Is Three Star Blue kinda like PA?
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

User avatar
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Posts: 2247
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 pm

arank87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm
A pouch of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and after that a pouch and a tub of Captain Black Regular.
Is Three Star Blue kinda like PA?
Not to me.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by arank87 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 pm
arank87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm
A pouch of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and after that a pouch and a tub of Captain Black Regular.
Is Three Star Blue kinda like PA?
Not to me.
Oh I see it has Latakia. More akin to Country Doctor and Barking Dog? That’s a cool old-school blend. Is it one of your go to blends?
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

User avatar
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Posts: 2247
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

arank87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:13 pm
arank87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:53 pm
A pouch of Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and after that a pouch and a tub of Captain Black Regular.
Is Three Star Blue kinda like PA?
Not to me.
Oh I see it has Latakia. More akin to Country Doctor and Barking Dog? That’s a cool old-school blend. Is it one of your go to blends?
No. I tried it and liked it OK but it seemed to smoke hot and wet to me. Could be just the way I smoke though. It tasted fine and I liked it but didn't love it. My normal tobaccos during the day are Granger and Sir Walter Raleigh and sometimes Prince Albert. In the evening I like the C&D burley blends usually. Every once in a while I like an aromatic and I usually smoke Capt. Black or SWR Aromatic. But the truth is my favorite tobacco is usually the one that I'm smoking at the moment.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2776
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Two tins of H&H Fleet Commander, two tins of Davidoff Flake Medallions and one tin of Bengal Slices White.
Image
Last edited by rgcurrey on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11500
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:14 pm

A tin of SG Navy Flake, just because it was in stock.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Post Reply