What was your last tobacco purchase?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Re: What was your last tobacco purchase?

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:54 pm

I just received my order of whatever gawith rope that one site had that somebody mentioned the other day, and enneradale flake. I'll likely order from whoever it was again. Prices were good, shipping was fast.

Sorry mates. I'm whipped and that is as much detail as I can muster at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Ordered some bulk blends from 4Noggins - Prairie Wind, Harvest Moon, and Granger.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Many more tins of Ennerdale, some Stonehenge flake and Full Virginia flake as well as an assortment of German and British snuff.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:11 pm

As local b&ms are closed due to the Plague of '20, and seeing that I was almost out of my nightly staple Engine 99, I have purchased 2oz of that, 2oz of Three Friars (which I've yet to try, figure cheap bulk purchases online will make my local tobacconist happy if it leads to my buying more tins once the stores open back up), and tins of Nightcap and 965. It is odd to have purchased tobacco but not be able to store it yet :D
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm

I swiped a tin of St Bruno from my shop today. Its smoking well right now.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:11 pm

The Mellow Mallard from Dan Tobacco.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:16 am

A couple ounces of Haunted Bookshop and a tin of Dan DaVinci. I think next time I order DaVinci it will be in one of the bulk bags. I find that I go through a surprising amount of this blend and it really sings in my Meerschaum and my well loved Savinelli Pisa. I've also got a Bjarne slightly bent brandy that is more or less dedicated to this blend.

I've only had two blends by Dan Tobacco - this one and Milonga. Milonga is also excellent. I should get more, and I want to try Blue Note.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:45 pm

A tin of Ten Russians. Don't need until June, but I might not be able to get it then.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:53 pm

Carter Hall tub and an ounce of Russ' chocolate truffle.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm

Two more towns in the area are lock-down.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

AKPreacher
Pastor
Pastor

Post by AKPreacher » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:56 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 am

AnungUnRama wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:16 am
A couple ounces of Haunted Bookshop and a tin of Dan DaVinci. I think next time I order DaVinci it will be in one of the bulk bags. I find that I go through a surprising amount of this blend and it really sings in my Meerschaum and my well loved Savinelli Pisa. I've also got a Bjarne slightly bent brandy that is more or less dedicated to this blend.

I've only had two blends by Dan Tobacco - this one and Milonga. Milonga is also excellent. I should get more, and I want to try Blue Note.
Dan DaVinci? Where in the WORLD did you find it? This is an OUTSTANDING blend. Dan Tobacco is a true unsung hero. Their Milonga, DaVinci, Sweet Vanilla Honeydew and Treasures of Ireland are all time greats. Also, they have one called Velvet which smells and even to an impressive degree, TASTES like Guinness Stout. I really always looked forward to trying ANYTHING they produced.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:05 am

MrPiper wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 am
AnungUnRama wrote:

Dan DaVinci? Where in the WORLD did you find it? This is an OUTSTANDING blend. Dan Tobacco is a true unsung hero. Their Milonga, DaVinci, Sweet Vanilla Honeydew and Treasures of Ireland are all time greats. Also, they have one called Velvet which smells and even to an impressive degree, TASTES like Guinness Stout. I really always looked forward to trying ANYTHING they produced.
I usually find it at smoking pipes. I like Milonga too, although it's been awhile since I've had that blend. I've always wanted to try some of their others, the only thing that holds me back is it tends to be kinda pricey. That said, I'll easily spend 30 or so on a couple cigars so with that perspective it is quite a bargain eh?
- Red Green

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:29 am

Father Dempsey Blend from Kramer’s and Drucquer and Son Trafalgar arrived.

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am

MrPiper wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

I second your opinion of Dan Tobacco. Everything they make is outstanding. Just too darn hard to find.

rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:48 am

MrPiper wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

Well now I am going to have to get some Dan Velvet.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:42 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:48 am
MrPiper wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

Well now I am going to have to get some Dan Velvet.
+1 but it's hard to come by in smaller tin sizes. Da Vinci also.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:45 pm

A pound of Haunted Bookshop.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Nabbed a pound of Dan's Independence on sale.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri May 01, 2020 6:17 pm

Received a trial oz of Plantation Evening today, along with a tin of Gordon Pym.

The Plantation E is a keeper. Haven't tried the Gordon P yet.

G. K. Chesterton