Prince Albert

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Re: Prince Albert

Post by Gabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm

PA is the backbone of my pipe smoking experience. I will be given tins as gifts, or purchase them on occasion as finances permit, but they serve as accents and variety to the PA. Nothing really replaces it.

This reminds me, the tub on my desk is getting dangerously low, may need to stop on the way home tonight and pick up another...
Sola Deo Gloria

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Cleon wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:24 pm
It just works.
Perfect.
Sola Deo Gloria

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm
PA is the backbone of my pipe smoking experience. I will be given tins as gifts, or purchase them on occasion as finances permit, but they serve as accents and variety to the PA. Nothing really replaces it.

This reminds me, the tub on my desk is getting dangerously low, may need to stop on the way home tonight and pick up another...
Where do you get it?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Cleon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Gabriel wrote:

Where do you get it?
I can buy it locally. One of the strip mall style tobacco shops (mostly cigarettes, machine cigars, RYO, and vaping stuff) in Pontiac carries a decent selection of "drug store" tobacco. They also carry Parodi cheroots, so that's a bonus.
Sola Deo Gloria

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:41 pm
Cleon wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

Where do you get it?
I can buy it locally. One of the strip mall style tobacco shops (mostly cigarettes, machine cigars, RYO, and vaping stuff) in Pontiac carries a decent selection of "drug store" tobacco. They also carry Parodi cheroots, so that's a bonus.
So, I guess it is absent from your Wal-Mart too.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Cleon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Cleon wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

Where do you get it?
Interestingly enough, it seems to depend on the Walmart. There are two Walmarts in the B/N area and another one in Pontiac. I don't believe I've ever seen it in the B/N, though I have occasionally seen tubs in the Pontiac location. Not recently though.
Sola Deo Gloria

hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Cleon wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

Where do you get it?
Interestingly enough, it seems to depend on the Walmart. There are two Walmarts in the B/N area and another one in Pontiac. I don't believe I've ever seen it in the B/N, though I have occasionally seen tubs in the Pontiac location. Not recently though.
That's so odd. I can buy it in grocery stores here.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

I love Prince Albert. I honestly don’t know why I ever smoked anything else. Carter Hall is better, but not by much, and it’s harder to find.

JMG
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year

Post by JMG » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Years ago I said bad things about PA. My taste have changed dramatically. I'll have to give it another, more fair, shot.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

smokadoro
Congregation
Congregation

Post by smokadoro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm

PA is my go-to smoke while mowing the lawn. I have a few delicious cobs which have known no other. That sweet nuttiness is addicting, and even better with a generous cake!

Agree also with using PA to build initial neutral cake on a brand new pipe. Currently breaking in three in rotation.
Do not say "I agree," "I disagree" or "I suspend judgment" until you can say "I understand." ~Mortimer Adler

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 pm

I haven't had any PA in a very long while. I'll have to get a pouch. It is an excellent smoke!
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 am

I smoked PA and SWR for years until I was corrupted by you guys in 2011. I still have tubs of those tobaccos that are my day time tobaccos. Love them.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:39 am

I picked up a few pouches yesterday. I was hoping to get a tub but they did not have in stock.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty