Re: Official Tobacco Fairy HQ Memo

Post by John-Boy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 am

coco wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:52 am
hugodrax wrote:I think you should call your hottest, quickest burning blend "Enzo."
Also, what is “Enzo”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DERP!!
Enzo Ferrari was an Italian that started a company that makes cars.
Enzo was also one of the barbers in the shop I went to until the early '00s
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:00 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 am
coco wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:52 am
hugodrax wrote:I think you should call your hottest, quickest burning blend "Enzo."
Also, what is “Enzo”?

DERP!!
Enzo Ferrari was an Italian that started a company that makes cars.
Enzo was also one of the barbers in the shop I went to until the early '00s
I remember that guy! He could cut my hair in under four minutes. Too bad he's not around anymore. Now I get my hair cut here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhhnUTNror8
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I know who Enzo Ferrari was, I was a little slow on the uptake on putting the joke together... speaking of slow, that post was quite awhile back wasn’t it?

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

I stopped believing in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus (if not St. Nicholas) long ago; actually, if truth be told, even as a very young child I thought something fishy was going on.

He sees you when you’re sleeping? When you're awake? And this was long before Google, GPS and surveillance cameras?

A rabbit who lays eggs?

A person sneaking into kids’ bedrooms to steal their baby teeth, but feels so guilty about it she (she, he, it?) leaves money behind? (And what’s up with this fascination with kids’ teeth that have fallen out, it’s the weirdest fetish I’ve ever heard of outside of TAD and PAD.)

And a Tobacco Fairy? C’mon.

Then, yesterday. A big package arrives with a Tobacco Fairy return address! Breathlessly, suspending disbelief, I open the box. There, surrounded by plastic peanuts, two jars. One, labeled HERS, filled with candy corn. Another, labeled HIS, empty but for one white tip broken off of a single piece of candy corn that rattles around, lonely. The Tobacco Fairy knew!

My wife is delighted. I’m astonished by the Tobacco Fairy’s prescience.

Mrs. Durango immediately opens her jar and digs in. Inside the jar, hidden, surrounded by candy corn, an exotic, foil wrapped piece of the chocolatier’s art magically appears. She unwraps it, pops it into her mouth and gleefully exclaims, her words almost unintelligible because her mouth is full of candy, “Oh, these are my favorite! They’re like a rainbow in my mouth!”

Her exact words. I swear it.

And I with my nearly empty jar, empty but for a single tiny white piece of broken off candy corn (that looks suspiciously like a baby tooth) am left to wonder ...

How do he know?

And suddenly, like an innocent child, I believe.

. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:15 am

:lol: :lol:
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am
I stopped believing in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus (if not St. Nicholas) long ago; actually, if truth be told, even as a very young child I thought something fishy was going on.

He sees you when you’re sleeping? When you're awake? And this was long before Google, GPS and surveillance cameras?

A rabbit who lays eggs?

A person sneaking into kids’ bedrooms to steal their baby teeth, but feels so guilty about it she (she, he, it?) leaves money behind? (And what’s up with this fascination with kids’ teeth that have fallen out, it’s the weirdest fetish I’ve ever heard of outside of TAD and PAD.)

And a Tobacco Fairy? C’mon.

Then, yesterday. A big package arrives with a Tobacco Fairy return address! Breathlessly, suspending disbelief, I open the box. There, surrounded by plastic peanuts, two jars. One, labeled HERS, filled with candy corn. Another, labeled HIS, empty but for one white tip broken off of a single piece of candy corn that rattles around, lonely. The Tobacco Fairy knew!

My wife is delighted. I’m astonished by the Tobacco Fairy’s prescience.

Mrs. Durango immediately opens her jar and digs in. Inside the jar, hidden, surrounded by candy corn, an exotic, foil wrapped piece of the chocolatier’s art magically appears. She unwraps it, pops it into her mouth and gleefully exclaims, her words almost unintelligible because her mouth is full of candy, “Oh, these are my favorite! They’re like a rainbow in my mouth!”

Her exact words. I swear it.

And I with my nearly empty jar, empty but for a single tiny white piece of broken off candy corn (that looks suspiciously like a baby tooth) am left to wonder ...

How do he know?

And suddenly, like an innocent child, I believe.

I originally logged on to say something smart about blessed are those who who’ve not seen and yet believe, Steve, when I noticed where you got the picture link from. I didn’t expect that st all.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

Preserving and protecting our children’s faith, innocence and joy is one of a parent’s greatest responsibilities.
Finding it again for ourselves, one of our greatest challenges.

In spite of evil in the world.
Because of our divine hope.

Didn’t intend for the underlying seriousness of this to become too large a part of my post, but I honestly believe that the Tobacco Fairy’s playfulness and generosity are manifestations of grace.

Thanks for your post, Paul.

And thanks for your grace, DL.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year