Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:53 pm

I’m going here, with or without your help.

Thinking 3:2 Perique over Latakia, condamentally in the VA.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7570
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am

Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am

Minus the addition of unsweetened Cavendish, that's exactly opposite the configuration of Latakia to Perique in C&D Sam's Blend.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:51 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am
Minus the addition of unsweetened Cavendish, that's exactly opposite the configuration of Latakia to Perique in C&D Sam's Blend.
Interesting. I'm out of any Cavendish adders at the moment. Was wondering about that too.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7570
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am
Minus the addition of unsweetened Cavendish, that's exactly opposite the configuration of Latakia to Perique in C&D Sam's Blend.
Interesting. I'm out of any Cavendish adders at the moment. Was wondering about that too.
I was thinking something along those lines would be good to add, many blends with dark VA seem to have BC in them as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Ok.10g batch drying now.

9.0g McCl 2010
0.4g Perique
0.6g Lat.

Smells really good.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo, Johnny.

s’up, pipah?

I had a bowl of the 10g sample as mentioned above. It’s not great, not bad. The last third of the bowl was heavy. Wondering about your robust v. my heavy. Also wondering if Red Cav wouldn’t add that little sweet kick to chill this thing out. Might use a smidge of 5100. Not sure yet.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6915
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo, Johnny.

s’up, pipah?

I had a bowl of the 10g sample as mentioned above. It’s not great, not bad. The last third of the bowl was heavy. Wondering about your robust v. my heavy. Also wondering if Red Cav wouldn’t add that little sweet kick to chill this thing out. Might use a smidge of 5100. Not sure yet.
I don't know what you are shooting for, but I thought about some Oriental leaf, taking it in the direction of MC Highlander.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo, Johnny.

s’up, pipah?

I had a bowl of the 10g sample as mentioned above. It’s not great, not bad. The last third of the bowl was heavy. Wondering about your robust v. my heavy. Also wondering if Red Cav wouldn’t add that little sweet kick to chill this thing out. Might use a smidge of 5100. Not sure yet.
I don't know what you are shooting for, but I thought about some Oriental leaf, taking it in the direction of MC Highlander.
ahhh.

I'm not playing in the Macedonian area this time. I have in the past. Very fun.

I'm just playing around with mixing stuff.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6915
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo, Johnny.

s’up, pipah?

I had a bowl of the 10g sample as mentioned above. It’s not great, not bad. The last third of the bowl was heavy. Wondering about your robust v. my heavy. Also wondering if Red Cav wouldn’t add that little sweet kick to chill this thing out. Might use a smidge of 5100. Not sure yet.
I don't know what you are shooting for, but I thought about some Oriental leaf, taking it in the direction of MC Highlander.
ahhh.

I'm not playing in the Macedonian area this time. I have in the past. Very fun.

I'm just playing around with mixing stuff.
Sounds good
If you go with adding 5100 how much is a smidge?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7570
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm

More Perique and Lat always makes things nice, what about some bright VA to add a lil zip!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7570
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm

I want to make headway on my own blending, but it’s too dang cold to taste the full experience of a blend right now, which makes blending difficult.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm
More Perique and Lat always makes things nice, what about some bright VA to add a lil zip!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. I want to play with Per : Lat numbers. I'm working from 10 gram samples.

And. No. Bright VA's are anathema. They refuse to repent from the BITE YER FACE OFF heresy. It's kind of sad, really.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:01 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 am
Let us know what you think, sounds robust and tasty to me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo, Johnny.

s’up, pipah?

I had a bowl of the 10g sample as mentioned above. It’s not great, not bad. The last third of the bowl was heavy. Wondering about your robust v. my heavy. Also wondering if Red Cav wouldn’t add that little sweet kick to chill this thing out. Might use a smidge of 5100. Not sure yet.
I don't know what you are shooting for, but I thought about some Oriental leaf, taking it in the direction of MC Highlander.
ahhh.

I'm not playing in the Macedonian area this time. I have in the past. Very fun.

I'm just playing around with mixing stuff.
Sounds good
If you go with adding 5100 how much is a smidge?
Thinking like maybe

8.5g VA
.5g ea. 5100, Per., & Lat
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6915
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 pm

I have never tried 5100, but the 2010 I tried at a pipe club meeting as I remember it was a stout Va. Good luck with your blending.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Bloodhound wrote:I have never tried 5100
Ah, wut?
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 6915
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm
Bloodhound wrote:I have never tried 5100
Ah, wut?
McClelland - No. 5100 Red Cake...Is it like Perique? Not to be smoked by itself
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20962
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by JimVH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm
Bloodhound wrote:I have never tried 5100
Ah, wut?
McClelland - No. 5100 Red Cake...Is it like Perique? Not to be smoked by itself
My name is Jim and I, too, have never tried 5100. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, BH.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Pepik » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 pm
Bloodhound wrote:I have never tried 5100
Ah, wut?
McClelland - No. 5100 Red Cake...Is it like Perique? Not to be smoked by itself
My name is Jim and I, too, have never tried 5100. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, BH.
What is this 5100 you speak of?
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20238
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Dark VA, Perique, & Latakia

Post by Jocose » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 am

Pipe.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

Image

Post Reply