sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:04 am
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 pm
I watched the game. It was very entertaining. The Philadelphia Eagles, with a second-year coach and backup quarterback beat the GOAT coach/QB combo from New England, but the win was up for grabs until the very last second.

Also, posting your protest on social media does not one bit of good for your cause. The NFL laughs at your outrage. Just sayin'.
Such is the life lived by principle.

*shrugs*
At least everyone stood for the national anthem as they are supposed to do.
That's what I heard. I also heard that some or all of the Eagles gave all glory to God in post game interviews. So that's good.
Yes, it was nuts!

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: Superbowl smoke

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
I watched the game. It was very entertaining. The Philadelphia Eagles, with a second-year coach and backup quarterback beat the GOAT coach/QB combo from New England, but the win was up for grabs until the very last second.

Also, posting your protest on social media does not one bit of good for your cause. The NFL laughs at your outrage. Just sayin'.

*shrugs*
That's what I heard. I also heard that some or all of the Eagles gave all glory to God in post game interviews. So that's good.
Yes, it was nuts!
Timberlake did the halftime show. The audio was horrible, but I watched the whole thing. You know, just in case there was another wardrobe malfunction.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:57 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm
Thunktank wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

*shrugs*
Yes, it was nuts!
Timberlake did the halftime show. The audio was horrible, but I watched the whole thing. You know, just in case there was another wardrobe malfunction.
I see, you wanted to watch Timberlake have a wardrobe malfunction. 8)

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:57 pm
FredS wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

*shrugs*
Yes, it was nuts!
It sort of looked that way to me too.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:51 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:57 pm
FredS wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:

*shrugs*
Yes, it was nuts!
It sort of looked that way to me too.
Don't judge me.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 am

I have not watched any NFL this year. College football is better anyway. Like DL, I am a man of principle whether I'm scoffed at or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQafdtAjMc
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Not to turn an actual pipe smoking thread political, but . . .

You principled men realize you're protesting other principled men protesting as their principles direct them. Right?

I watch the NFL for entertainment.
I listen to the Dixie Chicks for entertainment.
I watch Robert Redford films for entertainment.

I pay NFL players, Natalie Maines, and Robert Redford to entertain me, not inform my politics.

[EDIT] Oh, and speaking of activist lunatics whose politics are waaaaaay left, have you ever heard Tony Bennett lecture on what he'd 'fix' in America? Doesn't mean he's not an entertaining singer.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:01 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm
speaking of activist lunatics whose politics are waaaaaay left, have you ever heard Tony Bennett lecture on what he'd 'fix' in America? Doesn't mean he's not an entertaining singer.
Yes it does.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

AFRS sighting! Cool

oh and I was re-reading my earlier post and noted that I didn't list a reason for not watching...my bad...I wasn't watching because I don't root for either team, don't like NE and don't know the Eagles and I had no desire to watch JT dancing and jumping around.

I should have watched, I like that the Eagles players have been giving glory to God and one of the lead dancers in the 1/2 time show was from Denver.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:16 pm

AFRS wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:01 pm
FredS wrote:
speaking of activist lunatics whose politics are waaaaaay left, have you ever heard Tony Bennett lecture on what he'd 'fix' in America? Doesn't mean he's not an entertaining singer.
Yes it does.
No, it doesn't.
Being 120 years old with a voice that gave out 40 years ago means he's not an entertaining singer.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm

FredS wrote:
Not to turn an actual pipe smoking thread political, but . . .

You principled men realize you're protesting other principled men protesting as their principles direct them. Right?

I watch the NFL for entertainment.
I listen to the Dixie Chicks for entertainment.
I watch Robert Redford films for entertainment.

I pay NFL players, Natalie Maines, and Robert Redford to entertain me, not inform my politics.
I felt sorry for the young men jumping on to the protest bandwagon.

They are principled and intelligent, and I admire that..... but they were not educated in history. Someone told them, and they believed it, that there is an epidemic of racism in our culture today. Even they though they can't point to any sources or evidence.

They are not old enough to remember when real racism was a problem in this country. Back when all of the NFL players were white guys. They didn't live through the Civil Rights era, with its marches and riots and assassinations. They never knew a time when African-Americans were denied jobs or fair pay. They don't know who Archie Bunker was, or when so much of our media was devoted to big changes (both real and good) in our culture.

And no one has told them the plain truth about how far we have come in eliminating racism from our culture. We celebrated the election (and re-election!) of an African-America president. I could have appreciated a sign from the Black athletes, such as taking a knee during the national anthem, to give thanks to God for the advancement and success of racial minorities in our country. America has led the world in such change.

Unfortunately, racial tensions increased greatly during the Obama era when they should have decreased.... and most white Americans are still baffled as to why this was so. Especially us older Boomers, who worked so hard to purge racism.

So I feel sorry for the athletes, both those protesting and those trying to stay out of political concerns.
======================================================================
For my part.... I didn't boycott the NFL out of some righteous protest of my own.

But it did take all of the fun out of watching them play, so I found other things to do during the latter half of the season. I get fed up with "politics" dominating everything, even my sports entertainment.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm

s***. I mostly agree with Del.

Del

Post by Del » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm
I want to come out to Colorado and visit your weed ranch.... so we can once again smoke together and not talk about any of this.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Del wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm
I want to come out to Colorado and visit your weed ranch.... so we can once again smoke together and not talk about any of this.
We'll leave the light on.