Tobacco for the neighbors enjoyment or...

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Tobacco for the neighbors enjoyment or...

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:20 am

I have been smoking more lately than I normally do. The reasons why are another long story and I won't go into that now.

But for some background info, I smoke outside on the walk out patio mostly in the evenings, we have a neighbor on one side that I like, he is quiet for the most part and we shovel each others walks and pull trash cans in and so forth. The neighbors on the other side are not great, I'll leave it at that.

So both neighbors have commented to me that they noticed I have been smoking more and made comments on my tobacco selection. I find that if Rick's lights are on, I will smoke something that I know he has commented that he likes. I haven't gotten to the point that if the other neighbors lights are on that I smoke 10 Russians, just to tick them off...but as warmer weather is coming my selections will be
affected, as I want to be a good neighbor... :D

Do you modify your selections or just smoke what suits you at the time?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Re: Tobacco for the neighbors enjoyment or...

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

I modify. Easily done if you have Shortcut or LL-7 or Solani 113, etc.

And I think 10 Rooskis smells great burning.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 am

I have no idea what the reason is, but in this new house the Missus has not been enjoying many of the English blends she tolerated in the other house. So I made a concentrated effort to smoke mostly aromatics this winter. (I smoke inside almost exclusively.) It's been an interesting journey back to the Aro world, with lots of failed purchases, but I think I've settled on a good rotation and she has been very thankful.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:42 am
I have no idea what the reason is, but in this new house the Missus has not been enjoying many of the English blends she tolerated in the other house. So I made a concentrated effort to smoke mostly aromatics this winter. (I smoke inside almost exclusively.) It's been an interesting journey back to the Aro world, with lots of failed purchases, but I think I've settled on a good rotation and she has been very thankful.
Happy wife...you know the rest.

I like 10 Russians too, but the neighbors I don't like stated that they didn't like the smell. I mentioned that I didn't like cig smoke, but they continue to smoke on their deck...

I will make a concerted effort to smoke more Angler's Dream and Log Cabin and such just to take the edge off. The "Good" neighbor told me he really likes the smoke from Fusilier's Ration...that is a win win for me
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Cigarson was a FOCUS missionary (college campus ministry), and pipe smoking was part of his classy/manly/fun-loving approach. He wanted to draw guys in, and show that being cool and being Christian were 100% compatible. He brewed a lot of beer with his "disciples," as well.

That is to say.... Cigarson worked hard to find the best aromatic possible. Great taste, with a great room note.

This is the winner:

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/stanwe ... 2/#p-97203
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:12 pm

I smoke aromatics at work in order for the smoke to be pleasing to my co-workers during outside chat breaks, and my wife likes both chocolate and vanilla aromas so I smoke tobaccos with those toppings when we’re outside together.

Current favorites:
Trout Stream - maple
Boswell’s Piper’s Pleasure - chocolate
1Q + BCA - vanilla

All of these get compliments from others and I enjoy them.

On hand to try: Sutliff Molto Doce

In my home office or when I’m smoking outside by myself I don’t smoke aromatics as often.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

CupOjoe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by CupOjoe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:54 am

I’m allowed to smoke in designated areas inside when it’s cold out, but it’s pretty much aros all the way when inside. (Same deal, happy wife . . . ) If I’m outside, it’s whatever the tastebuds demand

Psalms 67:6
The earth has yielded its increase;
God, our God, shall bless us.

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 am

The aromatic that I have been enjoying the most that my youngest says doesn’t smell that bad (compliment me thinks) is PS Optimum. So far I have enjoyed this much more than C&D Autum Evening.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:24 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 am
The aromatic that I have been enjoying the most that my youngest says doesn’t smell that bad (compliment me thinks) is PS Optimum. So far I have enjoyed this much more than C&D Autumn Evening.
Autumn Evening had an amazing tin note, seriously, that's some good smelling stuff, but I found it to be very lacking in every other category.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:49 pm

My go-to is Captain Black white or 1Q. Everyone just loves the room note of that stuff. It's what they expect pipe smoke to smell like.

I like to mix a little Ennerdale Flake with it for some strength. Noone is the wiser.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH