Do you blend to "Beef Up" a favorite?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Do you blend to "Beef Up" a favorite?

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 am

I have recently found myself looking for a strong nic hit mild taste tobacco to nic-kick up a couple of my more mild (nic) but fuller flavored tobaccos. I found Bayou Nights from C&D and it has a strong nic hit, but just medium taste so I have been mixing it with Angler's Dream and Odessa and Mountain Camp...

I also sometimes add Sam's blend to blends that are not "Smokey" enough...it puts out a ton of wonderful smoke
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Re: Do you blend to "Beef Up" a favorite?

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 am
I have recently found myself looking for a strong nic hit mild taste tobacco to nic-kick up a couple of my more mild (nic) but fuller flavored tobaccos. I found Bayou Nights from C&D and it has a strong nic hit, but just medium taste so I have been mixing it with Angler's Dream and Odessa and Mountain Camp...

I also sometimes add Sam's blend to blends that are not "Smokey" enough...it puts out a ton of wonderful smoke
I am happy to be spreading the news of Sam's Blend. It truly is a great all-around smoke.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 am
Bloodhound wrote:

I am happy to be spreading the news of Sam's Blend. It truly is a great all-around smoke.
It is great by itself, mild and smokey...and very well rounded

I like to add a little to Odessa...it doesn't hide the flavor of Odessa, but add huge billows of smoke. That mix is fast becoming a favorite. The Sam's addes smoke and a mellow note in the aftertaste.

DL sent me a tin at Christmas in hope he could fool me into thinking you were my SS. That was my first try of Sam's Blend
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:35 am

I'll mix OJK into almost any blend to beef things up, especially aros that I've always enjoyed, but now find too sweet.
"... but unless you've made no mistakes in your life be careful of stones that you throw."
Hank Williams

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 am

I have been experimenting "stoving" Lemon Yellow Canadian Virginia I got from Leaf Only in order to try and make McClelland's bulk 5100 Red Cake taste like Aurora. Haven't has success yet but I'll keep trying.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 am
Bloodhound wrote:

It is great by itself, mild and smokey...and very well rounded

I like to add a little to Odessa...it doesn't hide the flavor of Odessa, but add huge billows of smoke. That mix is fast becoming a favorite. The Sam's addes smoke and a mellow note in the aftertaste.

DL sent me a tin at Christmas in hope he could fool me into thinking you were my SS. That was my first try of Sam's Blend
I think I gave him his first tin, so in extension, I gave it to you. You're welcome. :P
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton