The Virtues of Young vs Old VA

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

The Virtues of Young vs Old VA

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm

So, everyone always talks about aging VA and bulging tins and crystals as if it’s the only way to enjoy a good VA, but I have a friend who prefers his VA fresh, he likens it to eating sharp cheddar. Thoughts? What is your preference or best experience with age and Virginia tobacco? Where is the sweet spot? Does it depend on the blend for you?

For me the brighter the VA the more age I prefer to put on it, I like to dull the sharpness and hone in the sweetness. I also find some brighter VA to be too grassy when it’s fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: The Virtues of Young vs Old VA

Post by Goose55 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm
So, everyone always talks about aging VA and bulging tins and crystals as if it’s the only way to enjoy a good VA, but I have a friend who prefers his VA fresh, he likens it to eating sharp cheddar. Thoughts? What is your preference or best experience with age and Virginia tobacco? Where is the sweet spot? Does it depend on the blend for you?

For me the brighter the VA the more age I prefer to put on it, I like to dull the sharpness and hone in the sweetness. I also find some brighter VA to be too grassy when it’s fresh.
I'm with you. I don't care for the grass or citrus-ness.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:44 pm

I quite enjoy Dunhill RR. I haven’t been able to get a tin last 2 years or better.

Not a fan of bright VAs

Orange and deeper for this kid.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I like it both ways. I smoke fresh bright virginia, whenever I can get it. And I tin a bunch of it for aging.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm
I like it both ways.