Boswell's Aromatics

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
arank87
Congregation
Congregation

Boswell's Aromatics

Post by arank87 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Good evening all. Anyone here have experience with the Boswell Aromatics? I'm interested in trying some of them because they sound really tasty but do they bite? I live in MN and need a good smelling tobacco for indoor winter smoking. Somebody recommended Christmas Cookie but how about the rest?
"You can call me, Al" - Me

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Boswell's Aromatics

Post by sweetandsour » Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Sweet Tea ain't bad, if it's still available.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

A few months ago, a pipe smoker of the American Chesterton Society commissioned a run of pipes from Dan Boswell for our pipe-smoking members. (I have #7 of 7.)

Dan shares a few ounces of his blends with every new pipe. I told them that I prefer virginia blends, and they took good care of me. I received an ounce each of Boswell's Best and Dan's Blend.

Boswell's Best, with a vanilla topping.
Cavendish blended with black vanilla cavendish and Virginia to make an all day smoke.
Dan's Blend, lightly topped with an undisclosed scent. A touch of honey & vanilla, perhaps.
A blend of Golden Virginias. Mild, nice blend. If you like Virginias this is a wonderful smoke.
These are excellent tobaccos! Very little propylene glycol, so they smoke dry and cool and aren't prone to bite. I would recommend trying any of Boswell's blends that pique your interest.

Of course, you can puff any tobacco up hot enough to bite your tongue.... but that's your own fault.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

arank87
Congregation
Congregation

Post by arank87 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Well that sold me! I’ll give em go. I’m being a hypocrite though by asking for tobacco advice and not just jumping in. Oh well, “all have fallen short of the glory of God...”
"You can call me, Al" - Me

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Piper’s Pleasure has a chocolate/vanilla/coffee topping that makes others around you go, “Yum,” and it smokes bite free and mild.

I often smoke it at work when I’m around non-smokers.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/458 ... s-pleasure
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Del

Post by Del » Tue May 22, 2018 9:52 pm

arank87 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 pm
Well that sold me! I’ll give em go. I’m being a hypocrite though by asking for tobacco advice and not just jumping in. Oh well, “all have fallen short of the glory of God...”
You've got it all wrong..... We LOVE talking about pipes and tobacco! That's why we're here!

I started piping just over 10 years ago, and I still remember the joy and earnest questions... and all the good friends here who helped me to learn.

I remember being mystified by my first sample of a "flake" tobacco. Good times!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm
Sweet Tea ain't bad, if it's still available.
You beat me to it. I enjoyed it.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed May 23, 2018 4:01 am

Their aromatics are very tasty and have great room notes. I especially like Sweet Tea and Pennsylvania Dutch Treat is one of the few really good cherry flavored tobaccos out there. They do tend to get a bit goopy towards the bottom of the bowl if you smoke them too fast which is pretty typical of American style aromatics.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne