Guess The Blend

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Hmmm.
My turn?


My clue:

I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Luxury Navy Flake?
Nope
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JimVH » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Hmmm.
My turn?


My clue:

I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Luxury Navy Flake?
Nope
Blockade Runner

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 6939
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:29 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:48 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 pm
This should be really easy. On a chilly night you smoke it rather than putting it on your head
Nightcap?
Yup
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am

JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Hmmm.
My turn?


My clue:

I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Luxury Navy Flake?
Nope
Blockade Runner
Nope.
I’ll give another clue if nobody gets it soon.

Y’all are gonna do a face slap when you get it.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21021
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by FredS » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Sounds like something Poink might say.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:14 am

The name of this tobacco is a word that means “shield.”
And it’s a Navy flake shaped like another meaning of the word that is it’s name.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17345
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by TNLawPiper » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Sounds like something Poink might say.
:lol: :mermaid:

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JimVH » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:52 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Hmmm.
My turn?


My clue:

I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Luxury Navy Flake?
Nope
Blockade Runner
Nope.
I’ll give another clue if nobody gets it soon.

Y’all are gonna do a face slap when you get it.
Escudo

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:12 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:52 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 am
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:48 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:39 pm
Hmmm.
My turn?


My clue:

I didn’t know that they used shields in the Navy?
Luxury Navy Flake?
Nope
Blockade Runner
Nope.
I’ll give another clue if nobody gets it soon.

Y’all are gonna do a face slap when you get it.
Escudo


:chili: :chili: :chili: :taco: :taco: :chili: :chili: :chili:

Yes!

Escudo Navy De Luxe.

In Portuguese Escucudo means shield, and it once was their currency - or coins!
Coins of tobacco.

Tricky devils those tobacco naming dudes.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JimVH » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Boom. Is this how it works?

A fruited mishmash, sweet and soothing.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28315
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by coco » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm
Boom. Is this how it works?

A fruited mishmash, sweet and soothing.
Erinmore?
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JimVH » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 pm

coco wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm
Boom. Is this how it works?

A fruited mishmash, sweet and soothing.
Erinmore?
Negative, ghost rider.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Stanwell Melange?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JimVH » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Stanwell Melange?
Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cheroot!

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Stanwell Melange?
Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cheroot!
WooHoo!

Woke up it was a ______ ______ and the first thing that I heard was a song outside my window
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27332
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Stanwell Melange?
Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cheroot!
WooHoo!

Woke up it was a ______ ______ and the first thing that I heard was a song outside my window
Motel 6?
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm

:rotfl:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7976
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:49 am

durangopipe wrote::rotfl:
+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7976
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Guess The Blend

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 am

DepartedLight wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Stanwell Melange?
Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cheroot!
WooHoo!

Woke up it was a ______ ______ and the first thing that I heard was a song outside my window
Motel 6?
This should be your next original blend, “An exotic mix of ground up black and milds and cigarette buts cased in stale coffee with a slight ode de old shag carpet and mildew!” There I wrote the tin description for you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5771
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Guess The Blend

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:29 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:52 am
DepartedLight wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Stanwell Melange?
Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cheroot!
WooHoo!

Woke up it was a ______ ______ and the first thing that I heard was a song outside my window
Motel 6?
This should be your next original blend, “An exotic mix of ground up black and milds and cigarette buts cased in stale coffee with a slight ode de old shag carpet and mildew!” There I wrote the tin description for you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tin art is a motel desk drawer opened with only a Gideon Bible inside.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Post Reply