McConnell's Special London Fine Cut

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

McConnell's Special London Fine Cut

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 am

I finally got around to opening a tin of McConnell's Special London Fine Cut, and the cut is, indeed, extremely fine (think semois). I like the cut personally, but some may not think too highly of it. It is a straight Virginia, so the tobacco is citrus forward, though it is mild. It has some sweetness, but it mostly tastes like hay to me. It's an easy-going smoke that is enjoyable. While not a favorite, I could see myself smoking it regularly.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

ryland
More of this
More of this

Re: McConnell's Special London Fine Cut

Post by ryland » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 am

What's the burn time on a cut like that?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 am

ryland wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 am
You pack tight and sip. I get around 20-30 minutes typically, but I could get more out of it if I desired. If you rolled it into a cigarette, 2-3 minutes.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:03 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 am
ryland wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 am
You pack tight and sip. I get around 20-30 minutes typically, but I could get more out of it if I desired. If you rolled it into a cigarette, 2-3 minutes.
That's why I so much love Gawith Hoggarth's & McClelland's flake tobaccos. They burn long and slow even if I chug away.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 am

I finally got around to opening a tin of McConnell's Special London Fine Cut, and the cut is, indeed, extremely fine (think semois). I like the cut personally, but some may not think too highly of it. It is a straight Virginia, so the tobacco is citrus forward, though it is mild. It has some sweetness, but it mostly tastes like hay to me. It's an easy-going smoke that is enjoyable. While not a favorite, I could see myself smoking it regularly.
Sounds like a cousin of OGS, maybe.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:25 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am
Joshoowah wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 am

Sounds like a cousin of OGS, maybe.
It reminded me a lot of OGS actually.

ImageImage