Which aromatic should I open next?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by Winton » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:24 am

At the 2012 Chicago Pipe Show, I bought two C&D tins, Irish Blessing and Berry Good. Which should I open tonight?

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23675
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by JimVH » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 am

I'd go for a bit of the Irish. You can't have enough blessings.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns
Posts: 28875
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 am
I'd go for a bit of the Irish. You can't have enough blessings.
+1
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29745
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by coco » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:51 am

If the two tins are stacked on top of each other, go for the one on the bottom.

If the two tins are side by side, go for the one on the left.

If one is in front of the other, go for the one towards the back.

If they are diagonal to each other, ask Del.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs
Posts: 39097
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by Del » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am

coco wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:51 am
If the two tins are stacked on top of each other, go for the one on the bottom.

If the two tins are side by side, go for the one on the left.

If one is in front of the other, go for the one towards the back.

If they are diagonal to each other, ask Del.
8O... :rotfl:

Okay, Winton. I've smoked both of those.

I like the Irish Blessing better, but it was very sweet. I ended up cutting it 50:50 with some flavorless leftovers.

The Berry is light fruit and vanilla. It is generically good. You will enjoy it.

So.... depending on your mood.
- Irish Blessing if you want a heavy aromatic
- Berry Good is you want a mild aromatic.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by Winton » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 am

Del wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am
coco wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:51 am
If the two tins are stacked on top of each other, go for the one on the bottom.

If the two tins are side by side, go for the one on the left.

If one is in front of the other, go for the one towards the back.

If they are diagonal to each other, ask Del.
8O... :rotfl:

Okay, Winton. I've smoked both of those.

I like the Irish Blessing better, but it was very sweet. I ended up cutting it 50:50 with some flavorless leftovers.

The Berry is light fruit and vanilla. It is generically good. You will enjoy it.

So.... depending on your mood.
- Irish Blessing if you want a heavy aromatic
- Berry Good is you want a mild aromatic.
This is very confusing now. One was on top of the other for years. Then I shuffled them around recently. They were side by side for awhile.

I am trusting Del on this one. Since I don't have any flavorless leftovers, I will go with the Berry Good. Thanks everyone for your input.

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23675
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by JimVH » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Which aromatic should I open next?

Post by Winton » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:46 pm

I tried the Berry Good, but didn't find much flavor. Maybe it was because the tin was 6 years old. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more when it was younger. Oh Well, I have lots of other blends I like more.

Post Reply