No ETA On Gawith Hoggarth Tobaccos

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

No ETA On Gawith Hoggarth Tobaccos

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am

The reply I got from Smoking Pipes on the ETA of Gawith Hoggarth Tobaccos.....

"Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on the Gawith tobaccos. We get them in as often as we can but the demand far succeeds the supply, making it tricky. When we get them in, they sell quickly."

Jeff, at 4Noggins, spoke to the Distributor and he said he didn't know yet. A lot of help that is.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Re: No ETA On Gawith Hoggarth Tobaccos

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 am

I sure hope there's a shipload of Gawith Hoggarth on the way because I am getting close to being out of their Brown Flake (unscented)
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm

If I had some I'd send it to you Goose. I really would.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:57 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 pm
If I had some I'd send it to you Goose. I really would.
Thank you. Kind of you.

I have thus far never seen GH tobaccos all sold out everywhere. And since I love a couple of their offerings, I am bummed. Especially after McClelland's closing.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:47 pm

I've been cellering G&H tobacco for many, many years.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:47 pm
Have any Scotch Flake you'd be willing to part with?

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:56 pm
Jocose wrote:
I think I included a tin of SF in the last box pass. I may have another, I'll dig around and see.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:43 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:
I think I included a tin of SF in the last box pass. I may have another, I'll dig around and see.
Nevermind. I have Commonwealth.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:
GH Scotch Flake is one of their bulk offerings

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:
GH Scotch Flake is one of their bulk offerings
I'm probably thinking about Scotch Autumn Flake. I found tin of it in a drawer last night after I made the post above. I think it may have been Bothy Flake that I placed in the box pass. No matter.

rgcurrey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:43 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:

I know your were not big on Squadron, but, what are your thoughts on Commonwealth?
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
No unsmoked pipes. Gents, any one of us could be dead tomorrow. Smoke em if you've got em.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:11 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:

I know your were not big on Squadron, but, what are your thoughts on Commonwealth?
I like Commonwealth, but not as an all-day smoke. It's similar to but not the same as, GLP Westminster, or Dunhill Nitecap. Great after a good dinner, or with a late-night cordial. I bought a tin after reading posts about it from one of the UK guys that no longer post much on here. "A man's smoke", I think he called it, which of course intrigued me. Half-way through the first tin, I included a couple more tins on a future order. It's just a once-in-a-while smoke, and I have one un-opened tin remaining in my stash.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:
I'll take a look. I'm pretty sure I do have some SF with quite a bit of age on them. I hesitate to send any your way due to your pipe tobacco abuse tho.. like popping the lid and evaporating the flavor away.

Have anything to trade?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

rgcurrey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:11 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am
sweetandsour wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:

I like Commonwealth, but not as an all-day smoke. It's similar to but not the same as, GLP Westminster, or Dunhill Nitecap. Great after a good dinner, or with a late-night cordial. I bought a tin after reading posts about it from one of the UK guys that no longer post much on here. "A man's smoke", I think he called it, which of course intrigued me. Half-way through the first tin, I included a couple more tins on a future order. It's just a once-in-a-while smoke, and I have one un-opened tin remaining in my stash.
Thanks, I might add one to the next order when I place it, you know, being a man and all. Though, that is what I thought about HH Bold Kentucky and that one hits me hard so I may not be as much as a man as is needed for Commonwealth.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
No unsmoked pipes. Gents, any one of us could be dead tomorrow. Smoke em if you've got em.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:11 am

Jocose wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Jocose wrote:
I'll take a look. I'm pretty sure I do have some SF with quite a bit of age on them. I hesitate to send any your way due to your pipe tobacco abuse tho.. like popping the lid and evaporating the flavor away.

Have anything to trade?
I have some Ennerdale

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:11 am

I still have this Scotch Autumn Flake. It has mixed reviews, but is no longer available, anyway. Seems I'm smoking alot of tobacco that's no longer available these days.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm

I sent an email to Smoke King, in England, hoping they might shed some light on the unavailability of GH Tobaccos in the U.S. I really don't expect a reply. The Brittish have never been particularly helpful on such matters.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm
I sent an email to Smoke King, in England, hoping they might shed some light on the unavailability of GH Tobaccos in the U.S. I really don't expect a reply. The Brittish have never been particularly helpful on such matters.
Dear Sir or Madam:

I understand that you are a family owned tobacconist since 1989. I am an Arizona, USA based pipe smoker. Knowing that you are in the retail tobacco trade in the UK, I hope you will take some time out of your busy day dealing with paying customers and the arcanery of EU regulations and the hell that is Her Majesty's Custom and Excise in order to answer the following query: why can't I find my favorite Gawith and Hoggarth tobacco in the United States. I hope you understand I will not be purchasing any from you.

I really do not expect a reply, what with the fact that you English just dont seem to really care about providing good service to non-customers. However, I do enjoy making everybody's day a little more surreal. Please accept the attached pictures of my Chartreuse cat, Lucy.

Very truly yours

Brig. Sir Andrew Derpington-Derpington, Ret. (Mrs.)
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:22 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am
Goose55 wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

I understand that you are a family owned tobacconist since 1989. I am an Arizona, USA based pipe smoker. Knowing that you are in the retail tobacco trade in the UK, I hope you will take some time out of your busy day dealing with paying customers and the arcanery of EU regulations and the hell that is Her Majesty's Custom and Excise in order to answer the following query: why can't I find my favorite Gawith and Hoggarth tobacco in the United States. I hope you understand I will not be purchasing any from you.

I really do not expect a reply, what with the fact that you English just dont seem to really care about providing good service to non-customers. However, I do enjoy making everybody's day a little more surreal. Please accept the attached pictures of my Chartreuse cat, Lucy.

Very truly yours

I actually did get a reply from Smoke King, in England. They said they weren't aware of any unavailability of GH Tobaccos in the U.K.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:33 am

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am
Goose55 wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam:

Very truly yours

I actually did get a reply from Smoke King, in England. They said they weren't aware of any unavailability of GH Tobaccos in the U.K.
Excellent. In a similar vein, I'm unaware of any unavailability of GH tobaccos in the U.S. I did a google search just a few minutes ago and found plenty of gawith and hoggarth tobacco for sale and in stock. Will you only order from Smoking Pipes?
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.