Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Re: Pirate Kake Adventure

Post by Adam Z » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:54 am
Speaking of Latakia, I was watching a Youtube Live Feed (Classical Pipes) last night and the commenter was saying that Syrian Latakia is no more and Cyprian Latakia is dwindling away too. He said that tobacco companies are spraying tobacco with a casing that makes them tasty smoky and claiming that is Latakia. He said this is the future of Latakia tobacco because soon there won't be any real latakia left. I'm skeptical of that but what do you guys think, or know about this?
I was aware of the demise of Syrian latakia, but this is the first I've heard about there being supply issues with the Cyprian product.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Speaking of Latakia, I was watching a Youtube Live Feed (Classical Pipes) last night and the commenter was saying that Syrian Latakia is no more and Cyprian Latakia is dwindling away too. He said that tobacco companies are spraying tobacco with a casing that makes them tasty smoky and claiming that is Latakia. He said this is the future of Latakia tobacco because soon there won't be any real latakia left. I'm skeptical of that but what do you guys think, or know about this?
I was aware of the demise of Syrian latakia, but this is the first I've heard about there being supply issues with the Cyprian product.
That was what the presenter was saying and I do not know how accurate that is. But if it is true, I'd suggest buying some bulk and tinned latakia blends and sticking them in a closet somewhere.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:48 pm
Adam Z wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
That was what the presenter was saying and I do not know how accurate that is. But if it is true, I'd suggest buying some bulk and tinned latakia blends and sticking them in a closet somewhere.
I've got about 10oz of bulk PS English Oriental Supreme, and probably I'm guessing probably 15 tins of various English blends right now, so I'm good. English was an early favorite of mine, but my desire to smoke latakia has waned considerably. For only smoking a bowl or two of English blends each week, my current stock is likely to last me a very long time.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis