Might be a little dried out!

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Might be a little dried out!

Post by Stanley76 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:07 am

My Dad died in 1996 and my Mom died in 2016. When we were cleaning out her house I found this in my Dad's dresser drawer. He worked his whole life in the tobacco industry but I think this predates even his youth. I can't tell what brand it is, probably cigarette tobacco. It might by slightly too dry to smoke, ha ha, so I'll just keep it in memory of my Dad. He worked for Export Leaf Tobacco Company which was a division of Brown and Williamson a subsidiary of the British American Tobacco Co. In 1960 he was sent to Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) to help set up tobacco processing plants over there. Just thought I'd share this.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: Might be a little dried out!

Post by coco » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:14 am

Cool!
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am

Cool, indeed.

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:54 am

See the bull on the tag in between the sacks? You have some Bull Durham on your hands. Neat.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Stanley76 wrote:My Dad died in 1996 and my Mom died in 2016. When we were cleaning out her house I found this in my Dad's dresser drawer. He worked his whole life in the tobacco industry but I think this predates even his youth. I can't tell what brand it is, probably cigarette tobacco. It might by slightly too dry to smoke, ha ha, so I'll just keep it in memory of my Dad. He worked for Export Leaf Tobacco Company which was a division of Brown and Williamson a subsidiary of the British American Tobacco Co. In 1960 he was sent to Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) to help set up tobacco processing plants over there. Just thought I'd share this.
I rolled some bull Durham just like that in 1998 when I was 17 and had no money for smokes.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 pm

hugodrax wrote:See the bull on the tag in between the sacks? .
Giggle.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:11 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:My Dad died in 1996 and my Mom died in 2016. When we were cleaning out her house I found this in my Dad's dresser drawer. He worked his whole life in the tobacco industry but I think this predates even his youth. I can't tell what brand it is, probably cigarette tobacco. It might by slightly too dry to smoke, ha ha, so I'll just keep it in memory of my Dad. He worked for Export Leaf Tobacco Company which was a division of Brown and Williamson a subsidiary of the British American Tobacco Co. In 1960 he was sent to Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) to help set up tobacco processing plants over there. Just thought I'd share this.
I rolled some bull Durham just like that in 1998 when I was 17 and had no money for smokes.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
It wasn't available where I lived.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Dry bakky just needs to be hydrated.

We haven't had a good throw down on hydrating bakky in a while. My views have changed since last throw down. This should be fun.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50