Summer Box Pass 2020

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 pm

I am all in favor of the the Johnny Come Latelys joining the list.

But I aint in charge
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:57 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:50 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:40 pm
Sorry guys, the man kept me down today and I did t get to the P.O. I’ll drop it off in the morning.
That's it. I'm taking another tamper.
If I don't get a tamper I will be upset.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:05 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 pm
I am all in favor of the the Johnny Come Latelys joining the list.
It's a good thing. You'll be sending said box to AdamZ please?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2382
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by Jester » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am

The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.

Here is what I grabbed.
-Pipe
-Sealed tin of FMOTT
-Open tin of Blue Note (first tobacco I ever had)
Image

Here is what I added.
-Sealed tin of Hyde Park
-mason jar of Big Burley
-small jar of Seer Sucker
-multiple samples (2010 MCClelland in there)
Image

I will be handing this box to Tuttle soon. I may add more stuff.
****OUT OF SERVICE****

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.

Here is what I grabbed.
-Pipe
-Sealed tin of FMOTT
-Open tin of Blue Note (first tobacco I ever had)
Image

Here is what I added.
-Sealed tin of Hyde Park
-mason jar of Big Burley
-small jar of Seer Sucker
-multiple samples (2010 MCClelland in there)
Image

I will be handing this box to Tuttle soon. I may add more stuff.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 25996
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by JimVH » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I meant to grab a sample, but I guess I put it back in the box. Doh.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I meant to grab a sample, but I guess I put it back in the box. Doh.
I just found it via a search. It's from July 2017, when I did some trading with Johnny McP. So, 3 years in the jar. Not a lot of it though, enough for a few bowls.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
Doctor Buttcrack
Doctor Buttcrack
Posts: 23165
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by hugodrax » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:22 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I meant to grab a sample, but I guess I put it back in the box. Doh.
I just found it via a search. It's from July 2017, when I did some trading with Johnny McP. So, 3 years in the jar. Not a lot of it though, enough for a few bowls.
Hey, Lefty. How you feeling?
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:22 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I meant to grab a sample, but I guess I put it back in the box. Doh.
I just found it via a search. It's from July 2017, when I did some trading with Johnny McP. So, 3 years in the jar. Not a lot of it though, enough for a few bowls.
Hey, Lefty. How you feeling?
Feeling awwwlright ... Had enough of this hydrocodone, I'm switching to extra strength Tylenol tonight. This left handedness, and onehandedness, sure takes some getting used to. I've hesitated saying this, but there it is.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 pm

BOX PASS
BOX PASS
BOX PASS
BOX PASS
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2382
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by Jester » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:59 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:57 pm
Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
The eagle landed this weekend. Lots of great stuff in there.

Here is what I grabbed.
-Pipe
-Sealed tin of FMOTT
-Open tin of Blue Note (first tobacco I ever had)
Image

Here is what I added.
-Sealed tin of Hyde Park
-mason jar of Big Burley
-small jar of Seer Sucker
-multiple samples (2010 MCClelland in there)
Image

I will be handing this box to Tuttle soon. I may add more stuff.
I'm curious if you (and/or Jim also) tried a bowl of the sweet whisky rope? I found that labeled jar in the pantry, but not sure of the date.
I'll snag a sample out of it. Handing it off to tuttle today.
****OUT OF SERVICE****

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by Winton » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:57 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:50 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:40 pm
Sorry guys, the man kept me down today and I did t get to the P.O. I’ll drop it off in the morning.
That's it. I'm taking another tamper.
If I don't get a tamper I will be upset.
Guys, to keep the peace, I am willing to provide a tamper for those who got the box, before I get it. Yesterday, I turned some locust wood into tampers. Mostly they are practice work, but wood has lots of red and yellow grain. PM me about this, if you want one.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 6772
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by Fainn » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 pm

I should have ordered the box through Amazon Prime.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15459
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by tuttle » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:32 am

The box landed at my hus last night.

I'm planning on nipping and sampling a few bowls of this and that tonight, but I've more or less zeroed in on my takes and puts.

Takes!
-Unopened Tudor Castle
-Opened GLP Jack Knife
-Pipe cleaners

Puts!
-Unopened GLP Meridian
-Opened C&D Bayou Morning (It's practically full. Minus maybe two bowls)
-4 cigars

Who's next...Winton?
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by Winton » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:58 pm

The box arrived at my house today. I am taking Peterson Hyde Park, C&D Bayou Morning and Carolina Red Flake. I am putting in Yenidje Supreme, Sun Bear(minus 1 flake) and P&Cs 5-15 Pipe Tobacco (minus one bowl). I am also taking the red Kirstin pipe. Today, I smoked almost everything in the various bags. Granger was my favorite. I have also increased the samples! The bigger box will go out tomorrow.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 30798
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:09 pm

I like bigger boxes and I cannot lie
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

User avatar
mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1800
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Warrensburg MO
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by mustangii » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:50 pm

waiting with baited breath.

edm
In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1604
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by arank87 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Can I get on this still? :egor:
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 12498
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:29 pm

arank87 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm
Can I get on this still? :egor:
Ok with me if ok with those still in line. You know the rules, right? Take what you want from the box, replace it with tobacco from your place, and send the box to the next person without too much delay.

If everyone's ok with this then PM your address to Mustangii, he'll send the box to you, then you obtain Hugo's address and send the box to him.

This will be the current remaining order, then:
4. Winton
5. Mustangii
6. Arank87
7. Hugo
8. DL
9. AdamZ
10. Fainn
11. Sweetandsour

Ok that's 11, and that's it. Hope everyone enjoys!
Last edited by sweetandsour on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1604
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Location: Rural Southern Minnesota

Re: Summer Box Pass 2020

Post by arank87 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:32 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:29 pm
arank87 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm
Can I get on this still? :egor:
Ok with me if ok with those still in line. You know the rules, right? Take what you want from the box, replace it with tobacco from your place, and send the box to the next person without too much delay.

If everyone's ok with this then PM your address to Mustangii, he'll send the box to you, then you obtain Hugo's address and send the box to him.

This will be the current order, then:
Winton
Mustangii
Arank87
Hugo
DL
AdamZ
Fainn
Sweet-and-sour
Only if it’s ok with everyone else.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Post Reply