Frog Morton Cellar Match

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

Frog Morton Cellar Match

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm

For those who loved Frog Morton I thought I'd share what I read in the reviews of this Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Maple Twist. But even if it is a close match to FM, we so seldom see any GH stocked anywhere, anymore. So, maybe this thread is unnecessary...

https://watchcitycigar.com/gawith-hogga ... the-ounce/

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: Frog Morton Cellar Match

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm
For those who loved Frog Morton I thought I'd share what I read in the reviews of this Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Maple Twist. But even if it is a close match to FM, we so seldom see any GH stocked anywhere, anymore. So, maybe this thread is unnecessary...

Your post and pic is of Sw Maple Twist, but the subject reviews appear to be wrt Deep Elm? Are they one and the same?

Edit:. I see that the reference must be to Deep Elem, which is highly reviewed on TR.

Btw, for the right price I'd sell every tin of FM that I have left. Maybe 200-300 grms, not sure.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:22 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:57 pm
Your post and pic is of Sw Maple Twist, but the subject reviews appear to be wrt Deep Elm? Are they one and the same?
You found Deep Elm on TR.com. Good because I looked around, stopping short of going to TR. Still, I don't know why that dude was reviewing Deep Elm on the Sweet Maple page. Yet, stranger things have happened.
sweetandsour wrote:
Btw, for the right price I'd sell every tin of FM that I have left. Maybe 200-300 grms, not sure.
We used to be able to sell pipe tobacco on eBay as long as one noted "not for consumption." But I now see no pipe tobacco tins at all on eBay.

Dagnabbit! That's got to be unconstitutional
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Edit:. I see that the reference must be to Deep Elem, which is highly reviewed on TR.

Edit, after a close look in my cabinet:. No FM original or On the Town is to be found. I did find a 100 gr tin of Across the Pond from '17 and a 50 gr tin of AtP from '14. Also, to my surprise is a 100 gr tin of British Woods from '14. Oh man.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

plainview
Elder
Elder

Post by plainview » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Deep Elem was discontinued because a key source tobacco came from McClelland. Watch City now has a tribute to Deep Elem called Terrapin Station.

plainview
Elder
Elder

Post by plainview » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm

PS: Image

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

USD 6, shipping included. I'll pay it in the new Space Force (Command) 2 dollar bills.

PM if interested.

:wavey:
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:20 pm

plainview wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm
I thought Deep Elem was a Dead reference. Love that tune.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm

arank87 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:20 pm
plainview wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm
I thought Deep Elem was a Dead reference. Love that tune.
I approve :dance:
[Insert pithy quote here]

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 pm

I'm afraid you won't find anything close enough, mate. If you're after a mild aromatic English though, give Two Friends' English Chocolate a go, though do not go into it thinking it'll be cellar -- it won't. It's a good tobacco in its own right though.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:59 am

I've got at least 1 tin left of FM. I'll start the bidding at $50.

-Andrew

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am

"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.