Plum Pudding?

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Plum Pudding?

Post by Fainn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 pm

My favorite tobacco is Ten Russians. I keep hearing about Plum Pudding, but the price makes me wonder if its worth it. Is there anything special about it or just the reputation?
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Re: Plum Pudding?

Post by Del » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Plum Pudding from Seattle Pipe Club?

Tobacco Reviews
Plum Pudding is an English Balkan blend like no other. Rare tobaccos, crafted and pressed carefully together. Many pipe smokers say it is their perfect tobacco. Nirvana, said one reviewer. Master Blender Joe Lankford created this treasure for the Seattle Pipe Club our perfect tobacco. Delicious, smoky, spicy and positively addictive. Truly an exquisite tobacco to share. Enjoy this original cake of six rare ingredients: Latakia joins with Turkish Orientals, Virginias, cavendish and perique. Crafting the most sought after small batch blends in America since 2007
Pipes & Cigars

I'm not a big latakia smoker. I enjoy blends of all-the-types, although it gets kinda hard to tell them apart.

Here is Tobacco Reviews on Ten Russians:

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/57 ... n-russians
Capt. Earle's Ten Russians is a true delight for lovers of latakia. Rich and full bodied, Ten Russians is pressed to deliver a perfectly balanced blend to the true aficionado of full English tobaccos.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

TheShepherd
Congregation
Congregation

Post by TheShepherd » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 pm
Plum Pudding from Seattle Pipe Club?

Tobacco Reviews
Plum Pudding is an English Balkan blend like no other. Rare tobaccos, crafted and pressed carefully together. Many pipe smokers say it is their perfect tobacco. Nirvana, said one reviewer. Master Blender Joe Lankford created this treasure for the Seattle Pipe Club our perfect tobacco. Delicious, smoky, spicy and positively addictive. Truly an exquisite tobacco to share. Enjoy this original cake of six rare ingredients: Latakia joins with Turkish Orientals, Virginias, cavendish and perique. Crafting the most sought after small batch blends in America since 2007
Pipes & Cigars

I'm not a big latakia smoker. I enjoy blends of all-the-types, although it gets kinda hard to tell them apart.

Here is Tobacco Reviews on Ten Russians:

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/57 ... n-russians
Capt. Earle's Ten Russians is a true delight for lovers of latakia. Rich and full bodied, Ten Russians is pressed to deliver a perfectly balanced blend to the true aficionado of full English tobaccos.
It's pricy, but I'm tempted to try it after reading those reviews.

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 am

i tried it and liked it but it's been a while since I smoked it. I like Latakia though because it tastes leathery to me. I think Pirate Kake just as good and I like Billy Budd best of all. Different tastes and different blends but that's what I personally like. I'm really bad at tobacco reviews.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:15 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 am
i tried it and liked it but it's been a while since I smoked it. I like Latakia though because it tastes leathery to me. I think Pirate Kake just as good and I like Billy Budd best of all. Different tastes and different blends but that's what I personally like. I'm really bad at tobacco reviews.
You’re not very good at answering questions in a simple, coherent manner, either.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:31 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:15 am
Stanley76 wrote:
You’re not very good at answering questions in a simple, coherent manner, either.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
That kid would be worth talking to, eh? Cute.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 am

I went through a couple tins of SPCPP several years ago, before McClelland went out of business, and reportedly blended and tinned the SPC blends. I've never confirmed this, and I also haven't confirmed the written rumors that Sutliff now blends and tins these. I suspect it's not the same smoke that it once was, so consider that when reading older reviews.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am
Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
That kid would be worth talking to, eh? Cute.
Wish I could understand what she's saying but I don't speak Italian.

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:20 am

I smoke it daily.
It’s a good smoke. It’s pricey, but I buy an 8 oz can whenever it’s on sale.
I’m sure there are other blends that are similar or better but I’ve not found one yet.

Buy a small tin and try it. It’s the only way you’ll know.

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:08 pm

If you like Latakia you will like it. It’s very good.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther