Re: Summer Box Pass 2021?

Post by Bloodhound » Mon May 10, 2021 1:13 pm

gravel wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:49 am
gravel wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 am
I’m in if you think I’m trustworthy. The last box pass I was involved in was a mess.
And what box pass was that? You've done these before, right? Will USPS receive, deliver, and then ship a box of tobacco in and out of Oregon?
There was pie all over the box. :-)
I vote we don't do pies...Good thought but just too messy 8)
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu May 20, 2021 2:08 pm

Update?
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Ok I'm putting the box together, and plan to put it into circulation by Memorial Day. It'll start out containing mostly samples so everyone can try a bowl or 2 or 3, but I've got a sealed tin or 2 as well. I'll be sending to Winton first, since he would like to send tampers to all participants. If you want in it's not too late.

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn

So that's 11, a good number.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Fri May 21, 2021 12:18 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm
Ok I'm putting the box together, and plan to put it into circulation by Memorial Day. It'll start out containing mostly samples so everyone can try a bowl or 2 or 3, but I've got a sealed tin or 2 as well. I'll be sending to Winton first, since he would like to send tampers to all participants. If you want in it's not too late.

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn

word to the prime
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri May 21, 2021 9:03 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:18 am
sweetandsour wrote:

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn

word to the prime
Amen, and amen, this box pass is now closed. I'll get it packed and posted, and sent to Winton. Each guy get the next guy's mailing address, and ship with a tracking number via USPS, since they allow pipe tobacco shipments. Otherwise y'all know the drill, keep the box light, and enjoy sampling all samples possible. I'll post the initial contents soon.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Fri May 21, 2021 9:15 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:03 am
DepartedLight wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn

word to the prime
Amen, and amen, this box pass is now closed. I'll get it packed and posted, and sent to Winton. Each guy get the next guy's mailing address, and ship with a tracking number via USPS, since they allow pipe tobacco shipments. Otherwise y'all know the drill, keep the box light, and enjoy sampling all samples possible. I'll post the initial contents soon.
:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Fri May 21, 2021 9:56 am

SWEET! :dance:
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Fri May 21, 2021 10:07 am

Is it too late to get in on this?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.

Post by gravel » Fri May 21, 2021 10:58 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:03 am
DepartedLight wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn

word to the prime
This is a good word. Poor JB had to ship the pie pass in an appliance box.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 am

Jocose wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:07 am
Is it too late to get in on this?
+me

Just saw this thread. I'm interested and have some goodies to contribute if it's not too late.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat May 22, 2021 7:34 am

sweetandsour wrote:

So far:
Me
Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn
SlowToke

Added SlowToke, so that's an even 12. I'm presuming that Jocose's traditional and customary "is-it-too-late?" post is for humor, as per his namesake. (Otherwise, Jocose, advise otherwise without the jocosity.)

G. K. Chesterton

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm

Ok, getting ready to get this box in the mail to Winton, so it will be on it's way by the start of summer season. This one will start out as a Latakia lover's dream, along with a few other samples and cigars. So far:
Cigars:
New Orleans Cigar Factory Plantation
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Nicaragua Toro 50 x 6
Montecristo Platinum Series Robusto
A. Fuente Hemingway Classic

Note: Many or most of the following samples came from WSerad. I've touched base with him to assure that this is NOT re-gifting, but sharing and passing along his generosity, and I thank him personally.

Tobacco Samples:
~2-oz Gawith Hoggarth's Sliced Black (~20 yrs aged)
~ 4 oz Gawith Hoggarth's No. 12 Mixture (~20 yrs aged, which is perhaps why it doesn't seem like it's 45% Latakia)
~10 gr each, Gawith Hoggarth's No. 5 U/S M/C, Curly Cut, Curly Cut deluxe, Kendal Mixed, Kendal Kentucky, Dark Birds Eye, and Burley & Bright. (Not sure of the age of these, 15 or 20 yrs perhaps.)
~ 4oz C & D Bridge Mixture, (2004)
~ 4oz C & D Purple Cow, (2006) (For a good review of Purple Cow by A. Morley, ca. 2007, see TR ... Morley Purple Cow Review

In addition, ~2oz C&D Nutty Irishman, (one of my favorites). I may add a tin of SG Navy Flake also, and a few flakes of the ABF I've been smoking.

Anyway, this will kick things off and keep the box fairly light. This will be a no frills box pass, but I hope everyone enjoys it. I look forward to seeing what tampers Winton sends down the line.

I think everyone on the list knows the drill: take some, add some, post the takes and puts, obtain the next person's address via PM, and ship with a tracking number to the next person on the list. Please feel free to post or PM any questions. Here's to a great summer everyone.

G. K. Chesterton

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue May 25, 2021 7:51 am

:D
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Tue May 25, 2021 9:01 am

:bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Tue May 25, 2021 9:29 am

Adam called dibs on the Black sliced.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm
Ok, getting ready to get this box in the mail to Winton, so it will be on it's way by the start of summer season. This one will start out as a Latakia lover's dream, along with a few other samples and cigars. So far:
Cigars:

Note: Many or most of the following samples came from WSerad. I've touched base with him to assure that this is NOT re-gifting, but sharing and passing along his generosity, and I thank him personally.

Tobacco Samples:
~ 4 oz Gawith Hoggarth's No. 12 Mixture (~20 yrs aged, which is perhaps why it doesn't seem like it's 45% Latakia)
~10 gr each, Gawith Hoggarth's No. 5 U/S M/C, Curly Cut, Curly Cut deluxe, Kendal Mixed, Kendal Kentucky, Dark Birds Eye, and Burley & Bright. (Not sure of the age of these, 15 or 20 yrs perhaps.)
~ 4oz C & D Purple Cow, (2006) (For a good review of Purple Cow by A. Morley, ca. 2007, see TR ... Morley Purple Cow Review

In addition, ~2oz C&D Nutty Irishman, (one of my favorites). I may add a tin of SG Navy Flake also, and a few flakes of the ABF I've been smoking.

Anyway, this will kick things off and keep the box fairly light. This will be a no frills box pass, but I hope everyone enjoys it. I look forward to seeing what tampers Winton sends down the line.

I think everyone on the list knows the drill: take some, add some, post the takes and puts, obtain the next person's address via PM, and ship with a tracking number to the next person on the list. Please feel free to post or PM any questions. Here's to a great summer everyone.
Added a few flakes of HH Bold Kentucky, 10gr sample of GH Balkan Mixture, an oz of Leavitt & Peirce D.P.E., an oz of C&D Crooner, an oz of C&D Three Friars, ~an oz of C&D Blue Ridge, and a pouch of P.A.. Some of these are remnants, but enough to give someone a bowl or 2 for samples' sake.

I've got Winton's address, and I'll be off to the post office sometime this afternoon.

G. K. Chesterton

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 am

Fainn wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:29 am
lol.... It isn't the same blend as the Samuel Gawith abomination that we call Black-XX. So who knows, I might try it - in a cob that I can sacrifice if things don't go well. If it has that same olive-oil-soaked burnt steak smell to it though I will likely pass without even trying it.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Tue May 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:53 am
Fainn wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:29 am
lol.... It isn't the same blend as the Samuel Gawith abomination that we call Black-XX. So who knows, I might try it - in a cob that I can sacrifice if things don't go well. If it has that same olive-oil-soaked burnt steak smell to it though I will likely pass without even trying it.
It's mostly the same blend.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed May 26, 2021 11:48 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 pm
Cigars:

Tobacco Samples:

Added a few flakes of HH Bold Kentucky, 10gr sample of GH Balkan Mixture, an oz of Leavitt & Peirce D.P.E., an oz of C&D Crooner, an oz of C&D Three Friars, ~an oz of C&D Blue Ridge, and a pouch of P.A.. Some of these are remnants, but enough to give someone a bowl or 2 for samples' sake.

I've got Winton's address, and I'll be off to the post office sometime this afternoon.
Ok, the box has been shipped to Winton, finally. I may have lost track of what I put in, but the box is still fairly light, 2lb - 15.5oz, and insured for $100.
I think I added a tin of Billy Budd Blonde, and also half-a-pouch of Bourbon Street. Re the Bourbon Street? I ain't saying a word. You guys each be sure to try a bowl, I think there's enough there in the pouch. And the Purple Cow? Man.
Anyway, here's the list, in order:

Winton
DL
Adam
Mustangii
Judge
Ryland
Bloodhound
Gravel?
Jester
Fainn
SlowToke

Y'all enjoy!

G. K. Chesterton

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Wed May 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Very excited to see how this develops...remember the pics
Scott ( aka - Thor )