The very best part of Thanksgiving dinner is.. Black olives

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

The very best part of Thanksgiving dinner is.. Black olives

Post by Jocose » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:20 am

Thats right, Black olives..

My mouth is watering at the thought of eating them on this up and coming turkey day.

They're so good by themselves and just when you think they cant get any better, you put some on deviled eggs and you reach nirvana.

Long live Black olives.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 am

Which black olives do you speak of? Ar they those canned black olives, ol cured, kalamata et c?
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

Del
Mr. Hot Legs
Mr. Hot Legs

Post by Del » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:12 am

If you can get some tiny pickled cocktail onions.... and put them on the hors d'oevres tray next to the black olives.

Take a toothpick... spear an olive and an onion, and eat 'em together! YUM!
REMEMBER THE KAVANAUGH!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 am

I thought the best part was stuffing, especially since I dont like olives.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 am

yack... :barf1: black olives are gross...

but those deviled eggs are delightful... unless...

has anyone ever seen a beautiful deviled egg, you grab it and pop it in your mouth and then realize that some family member hid some sort of horrid unedible product within the glorious yoke mixture? Then you don't want to be rude so you have an awkward look of a smile masking horror as you tenderly chew and force yourself to swallow...

I've learned my lesson...now I test them out on my daughter first...she'll let you know and she's a kid so it isn't as rude... :wink:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

FlyCruiser
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by FlyCruiser » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:30 am

I love black olives. I love all olives. They're a gift from God and should be treated accordingly.
Wesley

"I'll take on all you sissies w/ one hand tied behind my back!" -Dennisthemenace

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am

FlyCruiser wrote:I love black olives. I love all olives. They're a gift from God and should be treated accordingly.
the same could be said about spiders....but I still step on them...
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 pm

FlyCruiser wrote:I love black olives. I love all olives. They're a gift from God and should be treated accordingly.
Yep. Yum. Olive jam!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 pm

tuttle wrote:but those deviled eggs are delightful...
Yum. I'm a fan.
tuttle wrote:has anyone ever seen a beautiful deviled egg, you grab it and pop it in your mouth and then realize that some family member hid some sort of horrid unedible product within the glorious yoke mixture? Then you don't want to be rude so you have an awkward look of a smile masking horror as you tenderly chew and force yourself to swallow...
When I was a kid, my big sister was making chocolate chip cookies. She had all the cookies for the 2nd batch on cookies sheets ready to go in the oven. When she was out of the room I stuffed hunk of left over turkey stuffing under one of the cookies, then my merry way and forgot all about it. A day or so later my sister got the lucky cookie. She started gagging and spitting all over. I remember the stuffing. Oh happy day!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

MDPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by MDPiper » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Word!
Gitty Up!

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah I can definitely get behind that. I love me some olives... and so does my 4 year old daughter. LOVES them. I can get her to eat food she otherwise wouldn't touch by bribing her with olives.

Personally, my hierarchy is green, then black, then stuffed, then cheap black ones in the can.

That said, why are they back? Did they go somewhere?

-Andrew

adauria

Post by adauria » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Nevermind... I see that you said "black" not "back." Funny how the mind and eye work to mess with my thinking.

-Andrew

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I do love me some olives, but the pitted ones aren't quite as fun as they were in childhood, when they could fit on my fingertips without splitting. 10 olives + 10 fingers = awesome dinnertime fun (though mom never seemed to enjoy the "alien hands" routine as much as I did).

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:17 pm

:afro: Mmmmmmm.....black olives.
(I've been waiting for a reason to use this emoticon)
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:32 pm

Dug wrote:I do love me some olives, but the pitted ones aren't quite as fun as they were in childhood, when they could fit on my fingertips without splitting. 10 olives + 10 fingers = awesome dinnertime fun (though mom never seemed to enjoy the "alien hands" routine as much as I did).
My kids did this very thing the other night.
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:37 pm

I hate olives.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Do you marinade the olives? I love them stuffed with chillies... and with chocolate... and pinot noir.

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 pm

When I was a kid I'd put the pitted black olives on my fingertips and pretend they were Coldstream Guards. :D
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

kendrck
&#324;&#279;&#283;dl&#275;-pöíñtë&#341;
&#324;&#279;&#283;dl&#275;-pöíñtë&#341;

Post by kendrck » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:23 pm

FredS wrote:I hate olives.
me too

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:26 pm

kendrck wrote:
FredS wrote:I hate olives.
me too
Good !! That leaves more for me! :D
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."