The random photo thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8927
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am

Image
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am
Image
Is it dead?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33736
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by UncleBob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am
Image
Is it dead?
Derp!

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am

UncleBob wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am
Image
Is it dead?
Derp!

:chili:
Indeed. However, in my defense, I must tell you about a game my college buddies and I used to play. I don't know how it started, but we used to email gross pictures back and forth and the standard reply to something particularly horrific was "Is it dead?"

This brought back happy memories.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8927
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:42 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:44 am
Image
Is it dead?
Uh, yep. It's road kill past its prime. Except for extreme jerky perhaps.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21072
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by JimVH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Image

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 6187
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Goose55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am

A mint 1:18 scale Mattel Matchbox Enzo Ferrari I recently purchased on eBay and photographed. I also have a yellow one coming, which I will detail, photograph and post.

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20390
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Jocose » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Image

I own #782 of only 800 available worldwide.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 6187
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Goose55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am

favorite pic of my cat, Lucy, atop her cat tree in the AZ Room....

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by hugodrax » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am
favorite pic of my cat, Lucy, atop her cat tree in the AZ Room....

Image
Ah yes, "random." To be placed alongside "feral" in the list of words Goose might not totally understand.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 6187
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Goose55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am
Goose55 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:45 am
favorite pic of my cat, Lucy, atop her cat tree in the AZ Room....

Image
Ah yes, "random." To be placed alongside "feral" in the list of words Goose might not totally understand.
But don't you think she is a beautiful girl? She's been with me since when I got her as a 5 month old kitten in Aug '16.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child
Posts: 6187
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Goose55 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am

The cute little House Finches have returned to the Sonoran Desert, with their pleasant melodious warbling songs. Here, three males and three females, likely mated during their summer up north. My cat, Lucy is very interested in them...

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The random photo thread

Post by durangopipe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am
The cute little House Finches have returned to the Sonoran Desert, with their pleasant melodious warbling songs. Here, three males and three females, likely mated during their summer up north. My cat, Lucy is very interested in them...

Image
Wonderful photo, Goose!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33736
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 am

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: The random photo thread

Post by CodeMonkey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 am

Image
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26687
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: The random photo thread

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am

Image

Image

Da Tank last night

Female Blue. Yellow male and sparing for the Prince position. The Yellow guys try to rip each others lips off when they fight.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8927
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am

Image
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by hugodrax » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am
Image
That’s three demerits for not posting a picture of Goose’s cat, Lucy. She’s a Chartreuse, you know.

We’re all watching you. Well, not Tuttle. He’s not watching anything but his six. But the rest of us are watching you.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: The random photo thread

Post by Tatanka » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am
Image
That’s three demerits for not posting a picture of Goose’s cat, Lucy. She’s a Chartreuse, you know.

We’re all watching you. Well, not Tuttle. He’s not watching anything but his six. But the rest of us are watching you.
Feral cats are not socialized to people. While they are socialized to their colony members and bonded to each other, they do not have that same relationship with people.

I'm glad that Goose loves Lucy and that she either holds affection toward him, as her source of food and shelter, or she puts up with his pipe focus as we do; but looking at her eyes, behind that black "panther" look, I'm inclined to move away and run fast! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8927
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The random photo thread

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am
Image
That’s three demerits for not posting a picture of Goose’s cat, Lucy. She’s a Chartreuse, you know.

We’re all watching you. Well, not Tuttle. He’s not watching anything but his six. But the rest of us are watching you.
Feral cats are not socialized to people. While they are socialized to their colony members and bonded to each other, they do not have that same relationship with people.

I'm glad that Goose loves Lucy and that she either holds affection toward him, as her source of food and shelter, or she puts up with his pipe focus as we do; but looking at her eyes, behind that black "panther" look, I'm inclined to move away and run fast! :)
There's one very obvious thing wrong in the picture I posted. Can you tell me what it is?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Post Reply