How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
BeefyG
Usher
Usher

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by BeefyG » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Beautiful morning for Sunday service but it’s been raining off and on all afternoon. We are supposed to take a direct hit from Beta and school is cancelled for tomorrow. It would be nice to stay home too but I need to finish prep for an audit. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the street will flood just enough again.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:12 am

Jacket weather
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:46 am

Breezy
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:23 pm

True to WeatherUnderground's long range forecast, warmth is continuing into the Fall here. The only plus is the humidity is very very low, 7%. Temps tail off, though, in a week, with highs only in the mid 90s and overnight lows in the mid 60s.

Presently, at 5:30pm, and 102F

Dew Point
25 F

Humidity
7 %
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Smokey, stinky and hot.
A rehearsal for Hades, no doubt.
DEUS VULT!

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Yep, we’re experiencing exceptional drought - surrounded by extreme drought.

And no rain in sight.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:48 pm

91 degrees at 16:47 hrs, in Southern Central Valley, California.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 pm

We're having highs of around 97F and then it cools down to the mid 80s next weekend

I bet you east coast and mid westerners have never seen these kind of readings here:

Presently, at 5 pm,.....

Dew Point 16 F

Humidity 5 %
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:10 am

Light snow

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Yep, we’re experiencing exceptional drought - surrounded by extreme drought.

And no rain in sight.
Your situation sounds like a good fit description of our "how dry I am" weather!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Magnificent
"Did I go wrong by buying a High Output Cummins 6.7L diesel Ram Laramie?" - Goose

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 pm

33 degrees, cloudy, and damp. Had a grouse hunt ruined by snow and sleet just south of Lake Superior on Saturday. We’ve had cold rain and light snow down on the plains on and off since then. The fall colors are great though and there’s nothing like those first cold fall nights.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 am

arank87 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 pm
33 degrees, cloudy, and damp. Had a grouse hunt ruined by snow and sleet just south of Lake Superior on Saturday. We’ve had cold rain and light snow down on the plains on and off since then. The fall colors are great though and there’s nothing like those first cold fall nights.
Ah brother! Your descriptions have made my coffee-sippin' morning time more pleasant, as I felt the nip in the air, and the beauty of Mom Nature's Autumn painting session again. I do quite deeply miss those past experiences in my life when I enjoyed Autumn's Gifts, having lived in Ohio, NJ, VA, TX, WY, and MT. I know.....but the Possey's kept chasing me out! :) :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 am

Tatanka wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 am
arank87 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 pm
Ah brother! Your descriptions have made my coffee-sippin' morning time more pleasant, as I felt the nip in the air, and the beauty of Mom Nature's Autumn painting session again. I do quite deeply miss those past experiences in my life when I enjoyed Autumn's Gifts, having lived in Ohio, NJ, VA, TX, WY, and MT. I know.....but the Possey's kept chasing me out! :) :)
It’s the best time of the year, IMHO. But it’s pretty short in Minnesota. Winter storm warning today. I need to get my snowblower ready to go.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing

Post by mont974x4 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:05 am

Just cold enough to snow.
We had record snowfall Saturday and Sunday. I’d guess it was better than 6”. I admit I didn’t care enough to read more than the headline.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 am

Cold front gonna be moving through early next week. On Monday we'll have a high of only 66 and an overnight low of 44 and a bit of rain. Wintertime temps.

Time for flannel sheets.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 pm

A powerful cold front is expected to make its way south from Wyoming into northern Utah and Colorado on Saturday evening. This front will drop south through all of Utah and Colorado early on Sunday morning. Temperatures are expected to drop rapidly behind this front. Precipitation is expected along and behind the boundary, initially starting as a few rain showers but quickly transitioning to snow. Early indications are that all mountain ranges in central and western Colorado will see at least 6 to 12 inches of snow from this event, with locally higher totals possible in the Elk and San Juan range. The lower valleys of eastern Utah could see at least 1 inch of snow from this event, including Moab, Vernal, and Blanding. The lower valleys of western Colorado will also likely see accumulating snow in the 1 to 4 inch range, including Grand Junction, Rifle, Montrose, and Durango. Snow will taper off on Monday evening and end before sunrise Tuesday.
Yes!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Pittsboro, NC 10/22/20.

Air conditioning needed as we hit a high of 106.

At sunset we turned off the AC because we expect late night temps to be in the low 40's.

North Carolina is so interesting.
DL Jake

It’s a little smooshed, but seems to be intact. - Gabriel

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:04 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
Pittsboro, NC 10/22/20.

Air conditioning needed as we hit a high of 106.

At sunset we turned off the AC because we expect late night temps to be in the low 40's.

North Carolina is so interesting.
I take it that 106 was with the heat factor and not a thermometer reading.

FredS
He's Cargo Short Cool
He's Cargo Short Cool

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:46 pm

34 wonderfully cool degrees right now which will be the high for the day. Light snow on the fires west of town this afternoon. More snow coming Sunday. Praying it's a foot and not an inch. [TWSS]
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe