How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by FredS » Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Rain and hail yesterday afternoon. A nice, slow, soaking rain all day today.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Mon May 03, 2021 7:27 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm
Envious.

It was supposed to rain today here - we got next to nothing.
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:27 pm
FredS wrote:
Envious.

I pray for you guys on days like this that remind what shape you're in. I haven't looked at the map lately but I'm sure we've just about dug ourselves out of the drought hole. I drove over the river in town last night and it's FULL. That pretty much means all the irrigation lakes and ditches that draw water upstream are full. Early. It also means, of course, that water is quickly running off the burned areas in the canyon we're going to be very susceptible to flooding this spring.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Tue May 04, 2021 9:12 am

FredS wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 am
durangopipe wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:27 pm
FredS wrote:
Envious.

I pray for you guys on days like this that remind what shape you're in. I haven't looked at the map lately but I'm sure we've just about dug ourselves out of the drought hole. I drove over the river in town last night and it's FULL. That pretty much means all the irrigation lakes and ditches that draw water upstream are full. Early. It also means, of course, that water is quickly running off the burned areas in the canyon we're going to be very susceptible to flooding this spring.
Thanks Fred.

Yes, that’s the double whammy from big wildland fires, if you escape damage from the fire, the next season of big rain storms can flood you out or bury you in mud and debris.

Your Front Range fires the past few years were so big, I worry about coming rains there, too.
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:49 am

9 am and delightful. Abundant sunshine, 78 f with 22% humidity and a gentle breeze. Forecast high of 91 f.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis