How's the weather where you are ?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Re: How's the weather where you are ?

Post by Tatanka » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:16 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm
Warm and sunny.

It feels like spring, not Christmas.
Go figure?!

When our granddaughters were here, Christmas before last, we had 4’ of snow on the ground.
Oh boy! The photo reminds me of a massive rock formation, most similar to the one behind you in this great photo! All the locals called it something, which a sieve of a memory now 'days was Ship-something. Ship-Rock? With our oldest daughter and only son, we climbed it one day and I gook photos of us sitting on the crest of the 'bow' of the ship.

Thanks for sharing this photo. I've passed Durango several times! Merry Christmas!
Darned! I forgot to mention it was out of - above - Dayton and Ranchester, WY, north of Sheridan, where we lived for 5 years.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm

“Tatanka” wrote:
Oh boy! The photo reminds me of a massive rock formation, most similar to the one behind you in this great photo! All the locals called it something, which a sieve of a memory now 'days was Ship-something. Ship-Rock? With our oldest daughter and only son, we climbed it one day and I gook photos of us sitting on the crest of the 'bow' of the ship.

Thanks for sharing this photo. I've passed Durango several times! Merry Christmas!
The sandstone outcrop in the photo is about 200 yards north of our front porch. It’s part of the lower slope of Animas Overlook in the foothills of the Laplata Mountains. It’s on our neighbor’s property. The national forest boundary is at the top of the cliff.

The rock face is about 350’ tall. Those are very big ponderosa pines on the top.

Merry Christmas, Jess.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 pm
“Tatanka” wrote:

The sandstone outcrop in the photo is about 200 yards north of our front porch. It’s part of the lower slope of Animas Overlook in the foothills of the Laplata Mountains. It’s on our neighbor’s property. The national forest boundary is at the top of the cliff.

The rock face is about 350’ tall. Those are very big ponderosa pines on the top.

Merry Christmas, Jess.
OH you LUCKY DUCK! How fortunate you are! We used to live on the road that lead to the place where that former "Marlboro Man" made all those cowboy looking ads. Then we moved 10 miles south of Sheridan in the country near the site of a Massacre of soldiers by Indians. Now they have made a monument. It was not touched while we lived there. I enjoyed living in former Indian country. But the Big Horn Mountains were to our West, visable but not like your visual.

GOD bless you and your family. J.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:23 am

-2 right now with a high of +1 today ... :taco:
Very weird winter so far. Well, autumn technically, I suppose.
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:58 am

37 F and sunny
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 am

At sunrise, 40 degrees and clear. Forecast high today is 70 F
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 am
Wind direction? Ground speed?

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:59 pm

11 degrees, overcast, snow flurries.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:54 pm

EvilGoose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 am
Wind direction? Ground speed?
There was no wind, you silly duck.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm

8F and Snowing.
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:58 am

TwoXseveN wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm
8F and Snowing.
I have family near Erie, and my Mom was up in Jamestown, NY before the Christmas weekend. Everyone keeps sending me pictures of the snow and screen shots of their phone showing single and negative temperatures, asking me if I miss it. A firm and solidly spoken, no. There are many reasons I moved from my childhood home, but the weather is right up there at the top of the list.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 am

Warmest morning in a week - 26F at sunrise, supposed to get up to 50F and sunny today.
The little snow we got last week is gone. It feels like spring.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Extreme cold warnings have ended. First time since Dec 23. It was -51F at mom and dad's on Boxing Day. Right now it is only -23C (-9F) but with a windchill of -30c (-22F). I'll take it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:26 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 pm
Extreme cold warnings have ended. First time since Dec 23. It was -51F at mom and dad's on Boxing Day. Right now it is only -23C (-9F) but with a windchill of -30c (-22F). I'll take it.

That's c-cold, Rev. Your winter cold is as extreme as our summer heat.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:34 pm

ReverendThom wrote:

I was out in -40 once. It was record cold for Silverton. My brother-in-law who was visiting had antifreeze in his car but not enough. All of his freezeout plugs blew out. (We had block heaters in both of our cars.)

But -51 is nearly unimaginable.
Glad to now be living in the banana belt.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:36 am

Cold, too cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 am

Same as it always is.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:41 am

durangopipe wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:

I was out in -40 once. It was record cold for Silverton. My brother-in-law who was visiting had antifreeze in his car but not enough. All of his freezeout plugs blew out. (We had block heaters in both of our cars.)

But -51 is nearly unimaginable.
Glad to now be living in the banana belt.
That is cold that I would simply refuse to live in... not for me. Days as cold as today remind me why I would never want to move near my in laws in New England, I simply don’t want to live year round in a place colder than Virginia. I truly believe that VA pretty much has the best spread of the seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 am

Forecast high for today and tomorrow is upper 70s. Kinda warm for end of Dec, Just sayin'

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 am

Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, 29F at 9:30 AM with an expected high of 55F.